just had surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: just had surgery

Postby Guest » 10 Apr 2007, 08:53

The anusol should help. Does your doctor think they will improve as you heal from the LIS? Do they ever push out when you go to the bathroom?
Are you taking a fiber supplement or acidopholis?
Do you feel like overall the pain is better than before you had the surgery?
Take care,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 10 Apr 2007, 09:10

i dont get to see the colorectal doc till june, so will have to wait till then, i have been taking lactulose never heard of acidopholis,
not at the moment suppose its a time thing,
thanks
hope you are havin a better time than me

Postby Guest » 10 Apr 2007, 09:30

Well, hang in there. It is a time thing. I am still in pain myself and bleed and have very bad days with a few good days in between. It does take awhile for the area to heal-from the surgery and then from the fissure. Most folks on here say they felt better after the surgery within a week and a half but the fissure itself can take another 6-8 weeks to heal since the surgery isn't to repair the fissure itself only to help speed up healing by relaxing the muscle.
Take it day by day and give yourself a few weeks before judging if you are doing better. Healing usually doesn't happen overnight and so it is not something we can perceive on a daily basis but if you see how you are feeling compared in two week increments you will probably notice a difference. Since you have an infection that will slow it down as your body is trying to compensate for that too.
I wish you health and healing and you notice a difference soon.
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Apr 2007, 09:30

Shelly,
Do try to avoid straining as it is probably the worst thing you can do for the fissure.
The fissure should heal now regardless of the hemorhoids. Make sure you drink plenty of water and get lots of fiber so you won't have to strain so much.
Kim
Deleted User 5