LIS in 15 days

need support :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS in 15 days

Postby destrino » 19 Dec 2016, 04:14

i'm back after some months. I nearly stopped bleeding now (6 months post op) but "bleeding" was one or two drops on the paper after BM so it's not really "bleeding". I guess there's not much of a point in writing if everything is good, but a bit of reassurance can always be good for people in pain. LIS is not fun. Not because it's complicated or dangerous, but because it's an operation and this will come for every operation (needles, discomfort, staying in the hospital one night and waiting to heal some time). But if you're reading this and you're in pain, do it, now. Don't think, my doctor didn't give me a true option. He just said "you can go on forever with creams and lotions, but you'll never get out of it. What do you want to do? Pain forever or fixing things?" ..and he was right. I never even heard his name nor he was well known or something, i had to trust him and this (lis) is something that just changes your life. I never felt pain again, maybe sometimes it burns if something acid and not really solid is coming out during a BM but it happens maybe once every month and lasts for an hour or so, but it's 0.5/10 compared to the fissure pain. gosh i still remember it..i couldn't stay sit and i'm a programmer..that was a real tragedy, not even considering how i felt mentally. Do it!!
destrino
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Pugluver88 » 21 Dec 2016, 22:37

Good luck it's worth it
Pugluver88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby HLT2 » 18 Apr 2019, 03:33

Skiponzo how are you now? This is an old post but I also consider myself a functional alcoholic. Had the surgery and avoided the Percocet as much as possible. But a little vodka would help the pain and spasms. I’m 3 weeks post surgery. Any words of wisdom if you are still on this thread?
HLT2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Skiponzo » 20 Apr 2019, 16:17

HLT2,

Still checking in once in awhile because I think it's good for people to hear the success stories. Mostly when people are healed they just fade away from the site and when I was in my worst mental state it helped to hear that ohers got away from the pain.

I'm good. Now 3 years post OP and I do still have issues once in awhile...and they are still related to alcohol. Mainly if I go a few days in a row drinking anything other than Vodka my "export" gets considerably more acidic and after a day + of that (I go 2/3 times a day right now) I can get pain either in the surgery area or fissure area. I manage it pretty well and the pain is NO WHERE NEAR what it was "back then". Worst pain (i really should call it discomfort) was after a Vegas bender and lasted maybe 3 days. I have probably 1 situation every 2 months where I feel something but I've come to understand that much of that is because I am now acutely aware of anything down there whereas previously I don't think I paid attention to what were warning signs.

Mainly I try to limit my alcohol intake and I then have no issues. It's had the good side effect of allowing me to get in great shape!
Skiponzo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 13 Jun 2019, 07:17

Thanks for the positive note, Skip.
I am 10 months out of LiS and in a bad area this past week. Too much work and too much play also have Hems that woke it up I think. Crazy to go from 1 week great then 2 weeks bad....2 weeks great to 1 week bad...4 weeks great to 2 weeks bad. Head trip for sure. Hope you are on a set road and here’s to not (looking) back, kinda.
Deleted User 7275

Postby HLT2 » 14 Jun 2019, 14:38

Glad to hear you are doing better Skiponzo. I have also made the correlation between acidic poop and alcohol. So I try to drink only vodka that is derived from grapes or corn which i have read is much less acidic than regular vodka. Wine was always my drink of choice, and it's very acidic. Also trying to cut back, easier said than done when it's a habit, but I know it's the best course of action. I never have solid poop so obviously there is inflammation going on. Having my colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday so hoping that will shed some more light on anything that could be wrong.
HLT2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Hgizzleman » 23 Jun 2019, 23:42

Healingthroughdiet wrote:So glad you have made it this far.
Thanks for posting . I myself have had 2 LIS each a decade apart and I firmly believe each time it changed my life.
Best of luck

Hello,

I am having my second LIS on 07/17/2019. It has been 10 years since my first one. Can you give me some information on how the second one went for you. I would appreciate it.
Hgizzleman