37F and just had LIS!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 37F and just had LIS!

Postby Conifer2 » 24 Nov 2021, 07:37

Hi DarkJediFury - I will update later on my progress (all pretty good) but just wanted to say good luck for your LIS tomorrow. I hope things go smoothly and you are not feeling too anxious about it. Sending you good, healing thoughts!
Conifer2
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby DarkJediFury » 24 Nov 2021, 08:04

Thank you Conifer. Hope you are improving as quickly as before. I am a bit nervous but want the issue healed more than my apprehension. Work are happy for me to take the time i need to recover and work from home as needed too which is great.
DarkJediFury

Sep 2017 Bilateral inguinal hernia
Jun 2018 Epigastric hernia
Hemmies & AF
Feb 2020 Diltiazem
Jun 2020 Botox
Nov 2020 Diltizem
Jun 2021 Hem banding/botox
Oct 2021 Diltiazem
Nov 2021 LIS/botox
May 2022 RH Inguinal hernia
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Postby Conifer2 » 24 Nov 2021, 15:32

Post LIS day 8

Nothing much new to report, bm was well formed but really scratchy with some blood so expect that moving up to full laxido sachet needs another day to kick in. But no stinging and no spasms. Wounds continue to drain. Back to work today though still sitting on sofa with laptop, partly because I don’t was to rush to sitting though feel I could but mainly because my office above the garage is too cold! A pretty good, normal feeling day with a mild bit of achiness in the morning.

Post LIS day 9

Much the same as yesterday. Bm well formed but very slow to pass, and ended up going 4 times! - not sure why this is the case as diet hasn’t changed but wonder if it’s due to antibiotics ending 2 days ago. Still quite scratchy but don’t think it was as bad as yesterday and not aware of much blood - I’m convinced this is the fissure and not concerned at this point as expect it will take a short while to heal up. Worked at my desk today for first time in about 2 months!

Post LIS day 10

Again very similar to previous days. Bm is still well formed (and today very big) which I’m confused about as laxido normally makes it much much softer (is this effects of antibiotics screwing up my insides?). Ended up going three times today and very scratchy when going but discomfort totally disappears when done. Little bit of blood. I feel this is coming from the fissure and I have no awareness of incision or tag site at all. Wounds still draining but beginning to slow up and no bleeding during the day now.

So overall things are good with no pain and the fissure is continuing to heal. The scratching during bm is getting me down slightly but the fissure was big so I don’t expect it to disappear immediately. I am a little bit concerned at a kind of mucousy discharge in the gauze in case it’s sign of an infection but I feel fine, have no pain and there is no odour. A quick scour of the forum suggests it’s just healing of the incision but going to keep an eye on it. Not needing to take anything for pain and keeping up with bath morning and night with sitz in between. Continue to be careful with diet and water intake. Will update again at the two week mark.
Conifer2
Salt Bather

Postby DarkJediFury » 26 Nov 2021, 09:58

Hope it's going okay conifer. Had LIS yesterday but very conservative incision. Started my own recovery diary post to give back to the community the way you and others have helped me.
DarkJediFury

Sep 2017 Bilateral inguinal hernia
Jun 2018 Epigastric hernia
Hemmies & AF
Feb 2020 Diltiazem
Jun 2020 Botox
Nov 2020 Diltizem
Jun 2021 Hem banding/botox
Oct 2021 Diltiazem
Nov 2021 LIS/botox
May 2022 RH Inguinal hernia
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Postby Conifer2 » 28 Nov 2021, 16:00

Day 11 - morning bm immediately once I got up. Still scratchy and formed. Very light bleeding. Laxido not having the usual effect and I really think it’s antibiotic related having done some research on this. It’s soft but formed but I want it to be softer. So going to focus on getting some good bacteria into my gut via probiotic yoghurt. Also added some prunes into my diet. Aside from that day as usual.

Day 12 - this seems all very repetitive but same as the last few days. Even 2 sachets of laxido still not having the effect it used to. Things are soft though and a wee bit less scratchy today so will persevere before switching things up. Maybe I need to drink more water which I will try today. No soreness or discomfort after going but still bathing morning and evening with sitz inbetween. A bit of an ache today that seems to be coming from incision site.

Day 13 - better bm this morning. Much less scratchy and only went once today which was good. Had friends staying this weekend who I haven’t told about this whole situation so wasn’t able to have my multiple baths so was quite limited with one sitz bath this morning and just wipes. Managed quite a long walk along with some wine and felt mostly very normal all day!

Day 14 - 2 weeks post surgery! bm better again. Only slight scratch when going and not sore though I do tense in anticipation. Feeling really pleased about things especially as I ate was more relaxed on my eating yesterday (though not too much). Managed to get my sitz baths back into my routine though think i can probably start going twice a day now which I will do going forward this week. I think I’m going to keep doing this for a while to come to be honest.

So 2 weeks after surgery I continue to feel really good. I’m aware of healing that I have to do and expect to feel this way for a while to come. But this is healing that is not stopping me doing anything (bar things like swimming). I’m eating lightly but not worried about what food I have, I’m able to drink alcohol (granted just a couple glasses of wine) and also to get out and walk/drive/shop as normal. I no longer have bleeding but still have some drainage though this is getting less and less as time goes on. I have a small amount of seepage after bm too which although isn’t ideal it is getting much less and I expect this to continue to improve.

Life is good and I can hardly believe it’s only taken 2 weeks to get to this point!
Conifer2
Salt Bather

Postby Worstyear » 29 Nov 2021, 10:16

I'm so happy for you! What a blessing living without the spasms!
I believe after so much pain a scratchy feeling is a piece of cake for you! I hope it goes away asap :smilyhug:
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Conifer2 » 30 Nov 2021, 13:22

Thank you worstyear! Yeah, I’m really thrilled and it’s going to take a while I think for me to stop feeling that way. The scratchiness is already beginning to go and it makes me think the fissure is slowly healing after 7 long months! I hope you are keeping well
Conifer2
Salt Bather

Postby Conifer2 » 30 Nov 2021, 13:23

Thank you worstyear! Yeah, I’m really thrilled and it’s going to take a while I think for me to stop feeling that way. The scratchiness is already beginning to go and it makes me think the fissure is slowly healing after 7 long months! I hope you are keeping well
Conifer2
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 01 Dec 2021, 22:41

So happy for you Conifer! It sounds like it’s all going the way it’s supposed to. I pray that I’ll be healed soon. I keep having that scratchy feeling and seeing light blood. My surgeon says she needs to have a look in the new year. Maybe cauterise something? Not sure.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Conifer2 » 03 Dec 2021, 15:14

Fingers crossed for you suffering2long. I really hope things heal for good for you soon! I hope at least you are not in pain and it’s all very manageable? Keep us updated with how things go as you obviously had a surgery that doesn’t seem to quite as common as lis
Conifer2
Salt Bather