32F LIS Post op experience

LIS for posterior and anterior fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 32F LIS Post op experience

Postby missy moo » 23 Apr 2022, 14:45

Ok i don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but something has changed I'm very confident I've finally turned a corner in my healing journey and what is the difference you ask lol plan old psyllium husk 100% natural no additives just how nature intended. Tmi but I'm passing hard bits, weird shapes, large bms, fudgy sticky bms, soft, all the bms there are with out any trouble pain or blood it can feel an bit stressful physically an mentally at times were i would normally have pain like during a big bm or hard bm but i try to breath an relax i also move around like from one bum cheek to the other an put one foot up onto the seat then switch an lift the other foot up this helps to break that mental tension we create in that lower area so things can move as thet naturally want to. I only take 1 teaspoon a day NO softeners haven't had them in months but i only added the psyllium 3 wks ago an I've noticed changes as mentioned also my muscle seems looser but in a good normal way. I also put retogesic don't know how its spelt on after every bm just because it can't hurt an it will help relax things after the fact. I really think after 8.5 years on softeners I've finally figured out i need normal bms to heal not super soft. If you only have soft then we can't pass normal bms without issues an life creates different bms everyday!!
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 26 Apr 2022, 17:55

Transition slowly off softeners and slowly onto fibre would be my recommendation for anyone with a fissure. Also drink more water and eat fruits an vegetables
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Phoenix1510 » 05 May 2022, 03:41

Hi all,
Sorry was busy wid my kids for the past few weeks. Its been 3 months post LIS and im so glad to tell that ive finally completely healed both my fissures and the LIS site. Im able to travel and eat normal diet. Thank god. Plz dont suffer from fissure pain. Get the surgery done. And u'll be glad u did it. Im only taking fibre supplements , have stopped stool softeners and laxatives. All of u take care and stay healthy.
Phoenix1510
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Amychristine » 05 May 2022, 09:05

Great that’s working for you Missy! Are you still considering surgery too? Phoenix1510 what fiber supplements are you taking? So glad your doing well.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 09 May 2022, 14:30

Probably not because i now know the healing an changes we can make within the body without external help. My muscle feels like it's had lis no kidding
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 09 May 2022, 16:13

That’s awesome! Just a teaspoon a day hey? Glad it’s working!
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 11 May 2022, 17:27

Yep 1tsp but I'm not sure if its that thats fixing things or just that fact that I'm not taking a softener i think its because of dropping softeners all together. I've been of different softeners for 8 years and they never healed me. Also I'm using vaseline before bms and retogesic afterwards just because why not can only help. I'm trying hard to relax let go and breath during bms too. I sometimes need to shift my weight from one thigh to the other during bms so that tension stops if you know what i mean. Plus i drink 3ltrs of water each day but i need that much because I'm breastfeeding
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 17 May 2022, 21:38

That’s good. I find that cream pretty good and would always speed up healing. Fingers crossed for you!
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Amychristine » 27 May 2022, 19:13

Well I called the dr today because I think I might have torn again. So frustrating. I went out and bought a magnifying mirror to use and to me it looks like I did. Looked a little red and had that same stingy feeling when I press my finger on the wound. I had no blood on the tissue paper after but the wound looked a little open. I didn’t even eat bad. The receptionist said I might need more surgery. I have read on this forum some people need the surgery twice. Super depressed right now.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 03 Jun 2022, 15:16

I'm sorry to hear that Amychristine i too was doing well i believe my original long term fissure has healed but now i have a posterior fissure caused by hard pebble bm at the start of bms so so frustrating isn't it. I've had tgis new fissure for a week and haven't had any issues with the old one in maybe 6-7wks
missy moo
King Fissure