LIS Diary post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Diary post op

Postby Rich44 » 25 Feb 2022, 19:16

DarkJediFury wrote:
Rich44 wrote:Postponed two months AND it would now be over the phone?! With all you are going through that is unacceptable.
First I would go on a waiting list for possible openings.
Two - I would ask if there are any CRS partners I could see immediately.
Three - I wouldn't take no for an answer. ;)

No way to do that in the UK on our National Health Service. I cant afford private medical care unfortunately so it's all down to waiting for the NHS.

I have been waiting for my hernia operation for the last several months and no sign of a date yet either.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were in the UK. I didn't know you had the option of private medical care in the UK. We may pay for health insurance in the US but we can demand action too (especially if you have problems. I don't know if I mentioned this to you before but my wait once the surgery was scheduled was a few weeks with a CRS who turned out to be in charge of the colorectal surgery department at the hospital I had it done at. In other words he's the guy who teaches the other surgeons how do an LIS. I was talking to someone from Canada on here that said they were told to wait 18 months for their LIS!
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby DarkJediFury » 27 Feb 2022, 11:23

Yikes 18 months! It's have been camped out at the hospital!
Last edited by DarkJediFury on 01 Mar 2022, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby DarkJediFury » 01 Mar 2022, 13:15

Well the saga continues. Quite a bit sore today after having 3 large BMs for some reason. Tiniest minute spot of blood but still seems to be improving all the time, just very slowly.
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Postby Rich44 » 01 Mar 2022, 13:21

DarkJediFury wrote:Well the saga continues. Quite a bit sore today after having 3 large BMs for some reason. Tiniest minute spot of blood but still seems to be improving all the time, just very slowly.
I've been 100% back to normal (since late 2020) when I have a BM. But almost anyone with or without a fissure will be a little sore after 3 BM in the same day. Keep that in mind.
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby DarkJediFury » 02 Mar 2022, 03:57

Yeah I guess you're right. Thanks, I'm trying not to get disheartened.

Still obviously not healed the incision completely yet and days like this seem to open it back up again a little.

Still sore this morning and sore to pass the stool again, few spots of red on the paper.

Just want it healed...
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Postby DarkJediFury » 08 Mar 2022, 08:41

Still here, still adding, please tell me if this is getting too much! So I am now on week 14. The last 5-6 days have actually been good. Little constipation on Saturday followed by by bowels catching up on Sunday which made it a little soree with larger stools but no bleeding and soreness going away several hours later.

Have reduced the Laxido to 1/3 of a sachet daily now and trying to manage more with the correct diet and plenty of water.

I do think it improving allbeit slowly.

Just need the shoulder and hernia sorted and I'll be happy! hahaha #stillfallingapart
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Postby Rich44 » 28 Mar 2022, 11:57

Is no news good news for DarkJediFury?
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby DarkJediFury » 20 Apr 2022, 07:11

Hi all, sorry for no updates, had a tough 3 weeks.

I got covid and suffered quite badly. I have no doubt I'd have been in hospital if I had not had 3 does of the vaccine.

2 weeks of covid and the second week consisted of 5 days of diarrhoea and vomiting. Obviously stopped the laxido during this period. Amazingly I did not have any bleeding during this. The second week I was supposed to be with my family on holiday in Florida, so had to wait until I tested negative before I could catch them up. I flew out on the Friday still coghing but testing negative, but unfortunately was not able to have a BM for 5 days after the diarrhoea :( Took more Laxido than usual to get me going again and am now back to my maintenence amount.

BM's are pretty much back to normal, quite fully formed and I have had just a tiny bit of blood twice during constipation but all in all I feel the fissue is gone and the incision almost totally healed.

Stopped coughing several days ago and just have headaches left from covid now. Have to get the fitness back up again, finally had CT scan on the shoulder prior to removal of my plate, still waiting on CR surgey for the hernia, but the anus certainly the best it has been in years.
DarkJediFury

Sep 2017 Bilateral inguinal hernia
Jun 2018 Epigastric hernia
Hemmies & AF
Feb 2020 Diltiazem
Jun 2020 Botox
Nov 2020 Diltizem
Jun 2021 Hem banding/botox
Oct 2021 Diltiazem
Nov 2021 LIS/botox
May 2022 RH Inguinal hernia
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Postby DarkJediFury » 15 Jun 2022, 03:10

Yup, been a while again. Since my last post, my posterior has continued to improved, except when I finally got my date for hernia repair.

I had a right sided, open, inguinal hernia repair.

As usual when I have surgery (usual, lol) they think I'm insane when I refuse Codeine based pain killers afterward due to the constipatory effect they have on me. Was in a lot of pain for the first week, but recovery has been really good and I will be 6 weeks post op on Tuesday 21st June.

Unfortunately, I still had constepation for over a week post op and a lot more bleeding from the rectum as a result. CRS still beleives it is just small hemmerhoids and that the membranes are very thin still due to longer term use of anal steorid cream.

No fissure pain, no pain from hemmerhoids and have had no spots of blood for a few weeks. Still taking a third of a sachet of Laxido every other day and seems to be the best amount to keep me regular and not cause issues (too much makes the hemmerhoids bleed more.

Hope everyone is doing well.
DarkJediFury

Sep 2017 Bilateral inguinal hernia
Jun 2018 Epigastric hernia
Hemmies & AF
Feb 2020 Diltiazem
Jun 2020 Botox
Nov 2020 Diltizem
Jun 2021 Hem banding/botox
Oct 2021 Diltiazem
Nov 2021 LIS/botox
May 2022 RH Inguinal hernia
DarkJediFury
Salt Bather

Postby Worstyear » 16 Jun 2022, 08:11

Hi, I hope you recovery soon! I'm glad that at least you don't feel pain anymore. I don't know why they prescribe opioids like that, we almost don't use it in here, just nsaids :(
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5