32F LIS Post op experience

LIS for posterior and anterior fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 32F LIS Post op experience

Postby missy moo » 05 Jul 2022, 02:10

Hey i still get that tightness we talked about but thats nothing compared to full blown fissure.

For me it's anything white flour based, to much red meat, nuts, corn chips too, beef mince everytime bad bad bad. Fake foods high processed foods, also all tinned beans if i eat to many its eating to many high high fiber foods can do it for me plus green beans or too much roughage like tons of salad spinach salad leaves etc makes my bms to big an grassy an dence likw compacted cut grass it doesn't flex lol
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Suffering2long » 05 Jul 2022, 19:50

Thanks for the updates ladies. I find having chocolate and fast food the worst for me. Too much fibre can be bad too. I find if I get around 18 - 20g fibre, that’s the sweet spot.
Im currently doing ok. Im managing but not really sure what’s going on. I have blood every 10 days or so. Uncomfortable every time I have a BM. Like not tearing, unbearable stinging, more like a scraping, sore feeling. My guess is there’s a small fissure there and my muscle is spasming. After a BM I usually have some small pain and sometimes twitching/pulsating. Sitting on a heat bag helps but the ointment doesn’t do anything anymore.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Amychristine » 05 Jul 2022, 20:23

Interesting those foods minus salads bug me too. How are you with coffee? I had to cut it out and I miss it so much. It wouldn’t affect me every time but once and a while it would rush things outa me too fast and I’d retear. Suffering2long have you tried chia seeds? I find they help a lot. You can put them in water, smoothies or make chia pudding. They absorb water to your stool making things pass easier and have tons of benefits. I have been having them most days and it’s helping.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 06 Jul 2022, 01:43

Maybe it was something else i had in the salad like feta cheese!? I also have the slight pain discomfort each bm blocked feeling i definitely think either muscle memory an my muscle is tightening up or theres a tiny tear thats making things tighten up. Yes too much caffeine not just coffee but things like chocolate have caffeine. You could try a good quality decaf I've just started drinking one an i can't tell the difference. Caffeine also dehydrates our bodys an when we become dehydrated our body pulls water from our stool to keep our organs hydrated etc explains the dry are bms alcohol has the same effect too
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 06 Jul 2022, 09:27

It coulda been. Dairy really constipates. I’ve thought of decaf good to know it doesn’t but you. Yes I’ve read that chocolate has caffeine too! I’ve switched to just drinking black tea in the morning which yes still has caffeine but it doesn’t seem to bother me. Alcohol can dehydrate for sure. I don’t drink often but when I do I’ll always make sure to drink extra water. Me and vodka don’t do well though even one drink seems to cause flare ups. But wine is fine it’s strange.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Amychristine » 20 Jul 2022, 16:12

So had a little flare up after about 7 weeks of using the cream. We went on a camping trip and I ate really good but I always find when I travel my bowels get messed up. We had to eat out 2 days in a row so had chilli thinking that I would be ok with it but I think it was too much fiber. On the last morning I went to the bathroom and had to strain and it felt like I retore a little. No blood. I decided I’m done so got back yesterday and called the dr today and am getting the fissurectomy done. I was gonna wait longer but I’d rather get it done within the next couple of months before colds and possibly covid get bad. If I test positive for it my surgery would be cancelled. Also my refferal ends in just over 4 months so don’t wanna go through the waiting game again to see her. Feeling happy but nervous! I know this surgery has a longer recovery time then the lis but is less risky.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 20 Jul 2022, 18:07

That’s good Amy, if you and the surgeon think it will help. The recovery can’t be as bad as a flap recovery. That was pretty bad but it eventually healed. It’s so strange to me that the LIS didn’t fix you. Maybe too conservative? Not enough was cut?

Last week my surgeon called me out of the blue to check on me..she has a very good bedside manner. She talked about her concerns with giving me a lis. She prescribed me a new cream with ketamine and Amitriptyline in it to help with any nerve related pain but it’s not gotten any better. I feel like it’s a waste of money and time so far.
She mentioned doing another pressure test to compare with my last one. I’m not sure what she’s going to do with the information though. Will that determine whether I absolutely need lis? If so she might not cut enough. What if she wants to give me more Botox first? That is a decision I’m going to need to make soon.
I wish I could find out what surgeons in my area do lis frequently but I tried calling around once before and the receptionists don’t tell you anything over the phone and they are clueless. Google comes up with nothing regarding that either.
Could you request a test to see your resting pressure Amy?
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 20 Jul 2022, 20:52

Suffering2long if you just Google colorectal surgeons and put in your town/city it should come up with some that are very experienced. Thats what i did to find some private experienced ones. I'm doing ok. I hope you ladys are too Amychristine it's just such a roller-coaster isn't it. I hope your not in any major pain from your latest flear up
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Amychristine » 20 Jul 2022, 22:26

Yeah I wonder if it was too conservative or if I just need her to clean up the wound with the other surgery to heal it for good. I know when I was talking to this surgeon that does laser through email in India she mentioned she would do both on a lis and fissurectomy. I think it’s preference and maybe mine is bad since I’ve had it so long. Why would your surgeon want to do another test on you? Did she do one before surgery? I am just curious. Did she say what her concerns were about having lis surgery? Mine didn’t do a test I guess they all have different preference's of doing things. She did the finger exam and mentioned I had good tone before doing the surgery. I think if you do too then you would be a good candidate for it. Have you looked at dr rating sites? That’s what I did with mine. Googled proctologists one areas then read up on reviews. I didn’t know mine did the surgery but took a chance since her reviews were so good. Some drs really don’t like to do them though. Thanks missy it honestly wasn’t too bad. A tip I have for flare ups are these coconut oil suppositories. You basically melt coconut oil, add a little tumeric or essential oils then poor in a straw and fold the end with a clip. Freeze then when hard cut them up to about an inch. They are seriously the best thing ever. I should be using them every day. The cold is cooling and the oil helps you poop easier the next day. Tumerics best at night and with dark underwear cuz if you fart your underwear might turn yellow lol. Glad your doing ok missy!
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Amychristine » 20 Jul 2022, 22:43

I also wanted to mention something else I’m going to try. It’s a supplement called Rutin and others have suggested it on this Facebook group I’m on. It helps with vascular function andcirculation and the reviews are pretty good. One lady said she stopped taking it to see if her symptoms returned and they did. People say it helps with hemmoroids too. I’ve been told I have poor circulation and being home with the kids I’m not as active as I should be. I use to move around more with my job and workout quite a bit. I eat pretty clean but I know that’s something I should work on too. Do you ladies have bad circulation too? I get cold hands and feet all of the time. Even in summer.
Amychristine
Salt Bather