AF friendly recipes

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: AF friendly recipes

Postby StevePain » 09 Jan 2011, 13:10

That smoothie sounds really nice cheryl, I think you're right about eating something bad as long as you keep up the fibre intake (something good) as well, I will be trying that shake some time this week
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bumbutt » 23 Jan 2011, 09:48

Here are two easy soup recipes...
I don't have measurements of the ingredients, and it's not really so necessary, so just add as much of each ingredient as you like! I tolerate dairy, so the broccoli soup recipe has milk in it...
Lentil Soup
First cook some green or brown lentils together with a veggie or beef bouillon cube. When they are cooked soft, drain them. You can cook a lot of lentils and then freeze part of them for future lentil soups.
Sautй some onion, celery and carrot. Add some water and a vegetable or beef bouillon. Add a bay leaf if you want. Let it boil and then turn down to medium. Add a can of crushed tomatoes. Add some of the cooked lentils. Add 1-2T of balsamic vinegar (not too much, but enough to give it just a tang), pepper and, if it’s needed, some more salt. Let it simmer for a little while.
(sometimes I have also added roasted eggplant).
Broccoli Soup
Sautй onion, celery and carrot. Add some water and a vegetable bouillon. Add some frozen brocolli and cook it up. When everything is soft, turn the heat down to low or medium (so it's not boiling), and take 1/4 of the soup and puree it in the blender. Add the puree back into the soup. You can put in a piece of butter (1-3T, depending on what you like) if you want. In a separate little mug, mix 1-2T of flour together with some milk to make a roux. Add that to the soup, and then add some milk too (I don't know exactly how much - as much as you want)! At the end, add some sun-dried tomato strips, pepper and salt if it’s needed. Let it simmer a little while, but not boil.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby cherylk » 23 Jan 2011, 12:08

BB,
Thanks for posting! I might try that broccoli soup when I return home!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46