LIS scheduled for next Thursday (Dec 16, 2010)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS scheduled for next Thursday (Dec 16, 2010)

Postby StevePain » 11 Feb 2011, 14:01

Hey william, I think the same thing is happening to me, I feel it's the fissure site bothering me, I have burning and what feels like inflammation after BM, but according to my GP it's just nerve pain as they are knitting back together which could take who knows how long?!?
I guess it's a long road to recovery which I'm travelling, my destination being "Healed" sometime in the near future!
Keep in touch ~ Steve
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby William » 07 Mar 2011, 05:06

Boy, I sure will be glad when I can quit making the 3 hour drives (round trip) to my CRS. This LIS granuloma is taking forever to get rid of. Last time, she actually cut the top off because it was getting "meaty". She said she got it really good, and the itching has definitely lessened, but I'm still getting some slight discharge.
And the fissure site is still giving me problems. She said that it's really shallow and it should heal since I'm not having spasms, but it can be pretty painful during BMs. I keep having to use some analpram to help with the pain and keep inflammation down. Occasionally, I have a day when I can go without, but those are rare. But at least these days I can pretty much function like a normal human being (except for diet and water intake and stool softeners and hot baths, of course).
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby StevePain » 07 Mar 2011, 13:25

Hey William, It's good that the itching seems to be subsiding, and hopefully the discharge will follow suit, it sounds like your fissure will heal if it's really shallow which is great news, it's a long road for some (me included) but we'll get there in the end.
Best wishes ~ Steve
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby William » 24 Mar 2011, 20:06

Well, I've had a pretty good couple of weeks now. It still stings to go to the bathroom, but it doesn't hurt too much afterward, so I haven't had to use much analpram.
However, there were two days that were pretty painful and bloody. They just happened to be the day after I had a few alcoholic drinks. I know from experience that alcohol tends to made stool harder, but that's not what happened here. Maybe it was just coincidence, but it's like the alcohol made the stool more acidic or something. I've seen a few other people complain about this on the forum, but it was definitely new to me.
At my last CRS appointment, she said the the fissure area looked indented, whatever that means. She also did some scraping of the LIS granuloma. Perhaps I'll only need about 50 more appointments to get that done. Image
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bumbutt » 28 Mar 2011, 01:14

Hope you will continue on a path of healing William!
Too bad about alcohol potentially causing a problem - good to keep track of the causes and effects of different drinks/foods.
Hope your reports are increasingly good!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby William » 22 Dec 2011, 20:01

It's been a year now, and I'm doing very well. I haven't had any pain or soreness down there for a few months. I've even felt comfortable enough to go biking.
Back in May (5 months out from LIS), I had another "hard liquor" incident which basically confirmed my fears about that, so I haven't had any alcohol since. I plan to have a beer on New Year's Eve to celebrate the end(?) of my fissure experience.
In retrospect, I wish I had been more adamant about getting to a CRS and getting an LIS earlier. It would've saved me at least a year of complete misery.
I want to thank everyone in this forum for being so helpful and supportive. I don't know how I would have made it through this without you.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
William
Proctosphincteranalogist