HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Postby Jessjess » 13 Feb 2013, 21:50

Hello Rachel,
SO sorry you are in so much pain. Image
I know what that is like. When I was taking painkillers before my surgery, I took 100 mg stool softener in the morning and again at night. I also took 1 dose of Miralax in the morning and I ate some raisin bread with 2 extra chopped prunes at night. I was also terrified of constipation, but even with the painkillers every 4 hours, I was able to go every morning after drinking some coffee.
Also, the last couple of days before my surgery, I did not sit at all. I layed on my belly if I wasn't standing or moving around. It's a crazy struggle and I had to truly advocate for myself, so do your best to get in to see someone and get fixed as soon as possible. Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby janucheekoo » 14 Feb 2013, 01:23

hi rachel
am sorry to see u in pain but my dear its a part of life there was a time when you were pain free now you have pain so treat it like a part of life, i used rectogesic in october and like everyone else i was thinking it would cure me but after i use that cream the side effect of that cream was a very strong depression. you believe it or not. i have gone through worst times of my life but never got depressed after taking that ointment i was a different man. i discontinue applying the cream and try to heal fissure by natural ways and i was sucessful. i healed it by looking after my eating and those things which were causing me contipation. lots of fiber and water but it took a long time.but i finally did it. depression went away but anxiety stayed currently i am taking medication for anxiety and feeling better .
janucheekoo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 03:49

Just an idea Rachael but when I went to visit my CRS, he said if GTN didn't work there was yet another ointment. I might be wrong but I think it could be Diltiazem.
Might be worth seeing if you can get this to reduce the spasms while you wait for your operation.
Personally, I think its barbaric to expect you to wait that length of time with daily spasms. Painkillers just don't help. I would book a doctors appointment around the time of day you know you'll be in pain and kick up a fuss.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 03:59

Thanks for the support. I am having the botox in April, Jess. Because I am in the UK I have to wait on the NHS. Did you have botox or LIS? I am worried about the whole thing, but right now I would do anything to get rid of the Fissures. Did you find the prunes help a lot? I have IBS, so it makes me worry I may have the runs if I overdo it!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 04:02

CrackinUp wrote:Just an idea Rachael but when I went to visit my CRS, he said if GTN didn't work there was yet another ointment. I might be wrong but I think it could be Diltiazem.
Might be worth seeing if you can get this to reduce the spasms while you wait for your operation.
Personally, I think its barbaric to expect you to wait that length of time with daily spasms. Painkillers just don't help. I would book a doctors appointment around the time of day you know you'll be in pain and kick up a fuss.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 04:04

Hey, my doc won't give me this on NHS because it is expensive! A joke, I know. I wonder if I could call the CRS and ask him?? Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 04:06

Hey, my doc won't give me this on NHS because it is expensive! A joke, I know. I wonder if I could call the CRS and ask him?? Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Englanddevon » 14 Feb 2013, 05:32

Hi Rachel,
I'm new to the forum - just did my story but it doesn't seem to have posted.... Anyway just wanted to say that I'm in the same mental frame if mind and feeling very desperate, keep us posted in how you get on, my thoughts and prayers go out to yo, people who have never suffered as bad have no idea what hell it is x
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 05:52

Give him a call, you have nothing to lose. When they say expensive I asked my CRS how much the GTN was and it's around Ј30 per tube.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 06:19

Thanks, Crackin up, i will do. The Doc told me that it was in the hundreds (The Diazelaitam) as it isn't licensed in the uk. In desperation i have tried the coconut oil, and bathed straight after BM today, and the burn isn't quite as bad. Image Did you have the other creme after the GTN?
Hi England Devon, go to the introduction page and scroll right to the bottom, fill in the box, then post. you can PM me if you like, if you need support.i know how this messes with your mind. I am off work at the moment, again with all of this. I just hope the Botox lets me heal. :oops:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984