non healing wound or chronic fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: non healing wound or chronic fissure

Postby pinpin » 26 Jun 2013, 09:42

Hi,
I am not sure where LIS wound should be located, but I had external hemmies removed in one quadrant, though due to pain and consipation or bad surgery I had two ulcers or places which were more painful and deep.
So I am 4.5 months after op and healing slowly, moreover got small fissure during one of "second" opinions.
The wound I had can be distinguished on two parts. One part of wound located outside and connetected to external sphincter, second part inside.
Outside was healed in 2 weeks, inside still healing and now becomes more pink rather than red.
Current discomfort mostly due to fissure.
@aimonaali, had you tests for additional diseases, which are connected to healing possibilities?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby aimonaali » 26 Jun 2013, 10:16

igrik1986 wrote:@aimonaali, had you tests for additional diseases, which are connected to healing possibilities?

Nope. Wounds seem to be healing just fine everywhere else in my body... And the fissure did heal ar first after lis but opened again when visiting the CRS about the burning in the incision wound.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby pinpin » 26 Jun 2013, 11:42

Day number 14 on nitro
Had BM 3 hours ago, again did enema prior to go, 100ml. BM was easy and flying out. No straining.
After BM took ibuprofen. Laid down as usually after BM, no actual pain afterwards.
BM pain - 2
Post BM - 1
Hours of post BM weird/pain - 30 mins
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby torninhell » 26 Jun 2013, 13:06

Hi Igrik, glad to see you are not experiencing much pain! :) I hope the process continues for you, of healing.
Also, @aimonaali, it's normal for fissures to have trouble healing... there is not much blood flow down there which is the reason why it is usually hard to heal the nasty little fissures! Especially if they are in the 12 o clock or 6 o clock position.
LIS is supposed to help with that but I see that it's not helping you very much? :( Sorry to see that.
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby aimonaali » 27 Jun 2013, 09:17

Well I don't regret having LIS. Although I don't really feel that I even had a choice in that point. What I do regret is going back to the doctor that one time when he retore my fissure. It's not as bad as it used to be but the psychological pain is almost worse since the LIS option has already been used.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby JHH » 28 Jun 2013, 12:07

Aimonaali, how is the burning in the incision wound now?
Igrik, how are you doing?
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby pinpin » 29 Jun 2013, 00:30

My apologies I didn't post yesterday. But night prior I had crazy toothache, and went to emergency tooth care hospital at 02:00. So had a stress, poor sleep.
And yesterday, just had BM and fall on my bed.
Day number 15 on nitro
Again did enema prior to go, 100ml. But water was not so warm as usually, so it didn't soften first part of stool. Water just came out and them BM started. It was not so easy like days before with more pain and more serous spasms afterwards, about 4 hours.
I took painkiller, muscle relaxant and diazepam. After BM I slept from 18:00 till 22:00. When I woke, my butt was still tight from spasm.
BM pain - 4
Post BM - 2
Hours of post BM weird/pain - 4h.
So I noticed my feeling completely depends on the BM and this tiny small fissure which is not healed. As yesterday I felt pain exactly at 8 o'clock where fissure is. Also pain was tunneling to leg and right cheek.
JHH, I am read your diary, I am sorry botox didn't give you relief.
I also visited doctor on Thursday whom is doing botox, but I will post a bit later about my visit.
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby pinpin » 29 Jun 2013, 07:19

CSR visit.
Doctor is doing botox, but not legally, so I have to pay out of pocket about 70 pounds. He is not often doing it, and looked quite afraid performing botox as last chance. Main concern is about inconsistency. Usually he does 30units in to shots under the edged of fissure. No anesthesia. As I felt some improvements last week, we decided I call him till 10th of July if everything will pisses me off completely.
We will do the shot and he will be on vacation from 18 till 31 of July.
So I will check how can I deal with enemas and everything what I take, but if spasm for 8 hours will return I will go for botox.
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby torninhell » 29 Jun 2013, 10:17

Hi Igrik, I hope all your problems don't end up with you having to go in for botox. By that I mean I hope that you heal soonest... good luck with it! Please do update us. I'm sorry to see you've been in some pain lately :(
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby pinpin » 30 Jun 2013, 07:20

Day number 17 on nitro
Didn't visit loo for 2 days. Did enema prior to go, but urge was so heavy, so enema did nothing almost. Felt so named plug effect described by JHH, so I had to strain out a bit first peace, and left almost felt out.
I took muscle relaxant and magnesium after. Also did some small dilation with the applicator I am using with nitro. Spasm is here I feel it, also it was painful to insert applicator after BM as I was already very tight. Didn't took painkiller will see how the spasm will behave.
BM pain - 3
Post BM - 2
Hours of post BM weird/pain - 5h.
Last edited by pinpin on 01 Jul 2013, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator