surgery #3

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: surgery #3

Postby juney » 09 Apr 2009, 17:28

yah cheryl, that's me in the lounge, in maui my favorite place! Image
i asked my CRS and GI about proctitis but they both said it's not high enough up for that, since the problem's just in the anal canal (the first inch or 2). i was thinking it could be anusitis which i read about on the internet. i'm still convinced it is/was either though they both said no. but now the fissure's back too so it's inflammation and inside wound :(
i'm totally tense about this problem! it's hard to relax when you know you have to go everyday. i know everyone here understands that!
i'm still taking celexa, but my dose is only 10mg i'm gonna call and see if my dr will up my prescription. i really don't think it's working cuz i still feel so depressed.
thank you for telling your friend about me! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Apr 2009, 18:44

Hey Juney babe - so sorry to hear all of this :( Image and I do not know how I did not see your post on April 2nd Image ...anyways - I can completely understand your frustration and sadness- I mean, only person with lobotomy would not be so emotionally drained after all that you went through for the past couple of years :( .
I know that you were disappointed with "negative" results of the culture since you thought you might treat your bum-bum for that and than all will be well , but as you know yourself that nasty virus can not be eradicated ever, so it is actually GREAT news that it did not spread Image !
I also think that since you know EXACT day when and HOW it happened - you know what can ultimately help you heal. Whatever you did to almost heal (remember - you were like 90% there!!!), do again and there is no reason it will not get better same way - just be vigilant and stay on your regiment no matter what Image !
Regarding inflammation issue , as much as I read ( and it is a LOT lol), they always stress that when inflammatory process is underlying cause for fissures - they look like ulcers, not cuts, AND are off the regular 6 and 12 position AND are more than one present ussually. So, your inflamation is small and result of a fissure not a cause of your fissure , in my humble opinion Image . If you ever read Bernard's storry - you can see tipical real inflamation going on :( .
Once my CRS prescribed a cream that was combo of Nitro, Lido and Cortisone !!! Maybe thay can compund one for you too !!!! It will cover all of the 3 "fronts" ! I agree with Val - regardless of the LIS, those creams can help with better circulation in the area and histen healing.
It is fantastic that you are working Image - you see haw far you came , dear Juney - with alllllll of that pain you are now more functional than you were months before with MUCH less discomfort ! Imagine how great you will be in couple of months whan your fissure starts healing again Image Image Image !!! There will be no way stopping you LOL !!!! Just do not forget your promise to yourself about taking care of not "straying" Image - it is hard to stay disciplined when one feels so much better - but it was not good for you in any shape or form and now you have your butt to take care of you in that regard so do not hate it too much Image - "god works in misterious ways" Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 10 Apr 2009, 10:09

thanks for the encouragement again fissy Image
i guess the more viruses/diseases they rule out, the better that makes me feel. for some reason just that one area is prone to tearing, inflammation, and just not healing. it's had so much damage it's hard to imagine it ever recovering.
thanks for the nitro/lido/HC idea. val's sending me some nitro in the mail and i'm planning to mix that with some other ingredients (like in fissy's famous concoction!) :) for those who use the nitro/nifed, etc. how do you apply it?? inside with a finger, q-tip or just around the outside?
i'm over my CRS. he just gives the same stupid ideas over and over. his enema idea does make sense though, flushing out w/ water after BM. sometimes i feel like the pain is caused by all the fecal matter trapped in the wound inside.
i'm trying to hang in there. thanks fissy
juney
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 10 Apr 2009, 10:27

Did they ever do blood work up on you to see if you have overall inflammation? Like checking your sedimentation rate and CBC chem panel? Also did they ever look into auto-immune problems at all?
Fissy told me about this product called Wobenzym that is supposed to help with inflammation which might be useful to you. Also Garden of Life makes a product called For Your Inflammation that is supposed to be tops.
I take lysine every day to help my immune system fight off the Epstien Barr virus I have and that sees to help. I wonder if you have anything like that that could be running you down.

Postby juney » 10 Apr 2009, 11:21

i've never had bloodwork done, even though you've suggested it lecia. that should be the next thing i ask for. i'm hoping i can get it done thru kaiser somehow so it's cheaper. my last CRS visit cost almost $400 for that useless anal pap smear! my appts at kaiser are only $15 copay.
would there be other symptoms of an inflammation problem? it's just confined to the anal canal, i heal normally in all other areas. i'll look into the garden of life product just in case.
juney
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 10 Apr 2009, 11:24

I am an expert in applying creams Juney ! Go for 2/3 times daily also half an hour before and after bms will help too , the cream i used - diltiazem stated to use one inch in and around the anus ! I used an applicator from hemmie cream to administer ! I think it helps to get that cream up high ..
I have a spare tube of nitro if you like Juney - Thanks to Val Image
I hope you feel better soon Image

Postby cherylk » 10 Apr 2009, 11:45

Juney,
I second what Tabby says above--I used it am, b/4 bm's, and eve=total of 3 times a day. I'll share with Dwight today about your situation. I keep him busy but he likes my butt buddies and often asked about all of you.
I love Maui also--love it, love it, LOVE IT. Hopefully, we will go back to Hawaii in less that a year to the Big Island and stay at the resort where we stayed previously.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 10 Apr 2009, 12:20

ok once i get it i'll start appyling the cream inside, as part of a mixture of other ointments.
how do you guys keep the area clean? i really think part of the problem is the fecal matter left behind in the wound inside. it irritates the whole area and makes the pain worse. it grosses me out thinking about poo literally being rubbed thru an open wound and then sitting there for the rest of the day. i just don't know how to keep it clean enough, except trying the water enema. and i don't think using a q-tip is enough to get it all inside.
juney
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 10 Apr 2009, 17:07

Juney,
I shared some of your posts with Dwight today. Sometimes he gets on the site as an observer. Image I think bathing is the best to keep the area clean. Maybe the water enema might work. In what area do you live? Could you go to Mayos? They are very conservative as far as surgeries go. Just a thought. They have helped solve many "hopeless" cases.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 10 Apr 2009, 17:12

i live in san diego. missing a lot of work to see a new dr isn't really an option now, since i just started a new job. i've already had 5 dr appts since i started in january!
when i bathe after BM it doesn't seem to get the poo trapped in the anal canal. if i stick a q-tip inside after my bath it still has fecal matter on it. i'm sure that's irritating the area and preventing healing.
i can't believe i'm still in this place after the 3rd surgery!! it's so discouraging, i thought i'd be home free by now!! i hate this but i'm not giving up Image
juney
King Fissure