new here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: new here

Postby val » 10 Sep 2008, 13:43

:( What a rotten day, poor you! Yes our NHS is cr*p. I went private for my op in january and we're still paying for it, but i dont regret it. You can phone for an appointment when you want, they do the op in a couple of weeks and more importantly, they treat you as if you actually matter. I couldnt afford another op privately so i'm waiting for it on nhs- i cant bear the thought of it. I have every sympathy with you and dont know what to say because i think its awful too. I'm glad its still on for the 15th. Being a doctor i'm sure you know that its the ones that shout the loudest get their treatment first (metaphorically speaking!) I just mean make a big fuss and dont let them get away with anything.
Best of luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 13:52

Sorry you had a traumatic day. But so glad that they didn't have to postpone your surgery after all. That must be a relief. Maybe before he does the surgery they can do the test while you are under ga so they know how much to cut.

My CRS doesn't do manometry normally. He says he can tell by his finger if someone is tight. Doesn't sound very scientific, does it? Does your CRS think you feel awfully tight?

I am sorry you have one of those miserable days. I never knew other women cried like I do so for me it is good to know I am not alone.

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2008, 13:55

Big hugs to you Image
Sounds like you have had such a rough day i am sorry :(
So pleased your op is still scheduled as promised…5 days !!! GREAT !
Tell me how long ago did they do your botox ? was this the reason for sphincter testing today ?
You really have been through so much and I pray this LIS will be the fix you need to get on with your life to be a happy mum to your new baby.....
Heres a big hug from me to you Image
Lecia you are not alone Image

Postby val » 10 Sep 2008, 14:32

Lecia, you're definately not the only one who cries, I cry a lot too! Image Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Sep 2008, 16:31

Oh poor Pinky :( :( :( !!!! That is just AWFUL !!! Doing all that painful prep and all and not being able to have exam :( :( :( Image Image Image. My heart really goes to you and I :supporhug: so I am sending you humongous hug Image and thanks Lord you got your appointment back Image Image !!!! I am sure they will not cancel it after all of this and it is only 5 more days - 2 of the weekend - they do not work - so dear Pinky - you are on the roll and no more surprises of that kind should happen Image !!!
Try to spend most of the day today in the tub sweetie :bathtub: and think of all the nice things that will come to you in just a coupe of weeks after you recuperate of your surgery !!! Image Image Image
Best of luck Pinky !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby mlsohm » 10 Sep 2008, 20:03

Pinky, best wishes and prayers after what you went through today you are in my thoughts big time. MLS
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby pinky » 11 Sep 2008, 02:20

Val,Lecia,Mls,fissy and tabby-thanks so much for replies and hugs :D .i havent received such support even from my other friends.its very comforting and thanks for taking the time to share my concerns even though most of u r in pain.
Waiting on the nhs was my biggest mistake and my crs who didnt do anything much for me.i never thought of going private donno why until my hubby suggested it.its no use of shouting the loudest val,they always say they understand and that they have rules and dont do anything unless there's someone who cares.wat operation r u havn again val?
u r not alone lecia.ive cried and cried for the last 8 months.
my crs didnt mention anything about tightness as i was under GA when i was relaxed.i didnt know u can tell the pressure by finger examination.im not sure how accurate it is.
oh tabby dear,thanks for replying even though u r in pain urself.i had botox on 4th aug.the scan was to see if sphincter was damaged during delivery.botox didnt help me much at all and thank God my crs didnt suggest another dose of botox.i just want it all to end.im fed up waiting to see which treatment works from the last 8months.i hope it works for u.
thanks to u too fissy.another 4 more days to go.hope u r feeling better now.i have to go to the gp to get a blood test as im hypothyroid.ill come back and reply to everyone. Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Corsi » 11 Sep 2008, 02:25

Yes, who hasn't cried? Maybe crying is what keeps us sane when dealing with pain....?
Take care Pinky, hope you can get rid of this and get on with your life.... Image
Image Corsica :truebud:
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2008, 16:16

Thank you Pinky....
This nightmare will end for you soon ! Image
x

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Sep 2008, 16:41

Yeah, dear Pinky Image Image Image - we all cry :( . I cried daily for 5 months , got so much better for 4 months, had some setbacks , cried on rare occasions, had new surgery to get better - now I cry daily again :irony: :marge: Image ...
BUT - I have different problem now - your LIS will give you your life back Image Image Image and I can't wait to hear all about it Image Image !!!
Best of luck Pinky Image XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61