Botox

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 15 Jan 2008, 06:12

Thanks, AA...Yeah, I have to go back in one month for a check-up... The effects should last for 2-3 months...so in about 2 months I believe my doctor will determine whether I might benefit from a second set of injections.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2008, 09:32

Ah that makes sense, I was wondering how long it lasted.
Not many hospitals offer it in the UK, but I just noticed one near here does.
I really hope this works for you :)

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2008, 09:58

Good luck Steve. The botox did work for me. Fissure healed after about 2.5 months. However I had a "bulky" BM a few days ago and I seem to have irritated something down there. My CRS examined me and said the fissure was fine (healed) and that i might of just had a minor abrasion. Hoping things get better in the next couple of weeks.

Postby happyass » 16 Jan 2008, 00:06

hi steve,
you are brave to just have it done like that! anyway, i hope you are patient and allow this to work itself in and that you can get the relief and results you deserve.
just curious, maybe i have asked this or not of you before, but have you had a colonoscopy - my recollection says yes but i am not sure.
anyway, hang in there and think positive -- as i am sure you do - and you will do better in little steps at a time.
best wishes, gareth
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 16 Jan 2008, 09:40

Thanks, Bum Issues... glad to hear the botox worked for you... and glad to hear the CRS says your fissure is still healed...
Hey, Gareth. thanks for the encouragement. yeah, i'm keeping positive... you know, even though my fissure hasn't improved too much since last may, i definitely think my mental state has. i'm much more zen about everything now. i'm optimistic about the botox, but i'm also tempering my expectations...
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 16 Jan 2008, 09:41

oh, and no, i never had a colonoscopy. i've been to 4 crs's, and none of them have suggested having one. i imagine that's because all of my symptoms are fissure-related.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 10 Feb 2008, 19:49

Hey, everyone. Just thought I would drop an update. I haven't really seen any affect from the Botox (which I got about a month ago). I was just traveling for a couple weeks, and during the second week, I got some delightful diarrhea... i'm serious, it really was delightful. No pain, no bleeding during BMs, just wondefully soft, liquidy poo.
But the moment I set foot on U.S., I started bleeding again.
I have a check-up in a week or so... I'll let you know what the doc says.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2008, 19:53

That's too bad that you haven't noticed any effects from the Botox. Do you think you will get another one? Maybe you just need to stay out of the country it sounds like!

Where did you go?

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 10 Feb 2008, 20:20

Ha, ha... you know, I actually thought about it... I started calculating how much money I have saved up and how long I could make it last in a third world country... seriously, it's not out of the realm of possibility...
I went to Thailand. It was amazing. Sunny and 85/90 every day. Amazing food. Friendly people. Gorgeous beaches. What more could you ask for?
As for a second shot... I'll wait to hear what my doctor says after she takes a look down there. If she sees no improvement, I doubt I'll have another shot unless she still thinks it might help.
Otherwise, my next step may be dilation (as performed by Dr. Sohn in NYC). Honestly, I'm not sure what procedure would be best. It's all just a...crap shoot.
How are you doing, Lecia? Hopefully, much much better than before I left for vacay.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bherna1 » 10 Feb 2008, 22:47

in regard to the colonoscopy my doctors didnt recommend it for me due to inflammed areas down there. They say if it is too inflammed they dont want to agrivate the problem.
I am going to China for the month of March for work. I have been there around 15 times or so and lived there as well for a short time. I havent been back with a fissure though. That really spokes me. I have a rigid diet and the food their is alot of sea food, noodles and meat and chicken. I guess i can eat seafood and chicken and noodles but what about snack food to get me through the day when i am 8 hours away from a hotel? Not alot of cooked veggies around i can eat. I dont eat uncooked veggies or vegtables due to virus issues from experience. If anyone has any thing in mind i can pack in my backpack to eat what would be great? Does anyone eat those energy bars? Are of these good to eat? Ones with soy? Any thoughts would be helpful. I guess i can pack fruit in cups in my back pack?
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12