Botox

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox

Postby buttgirl » 11 Feb 2008, 11:03

What about dried fruit and granola bars?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 15:31

I've lived and traveled to China half a dozen times and there is a ton of veggies cooked and uncooked everywhere you go. And also tons of fresh fruit that is really delicious. And the even greater thing is that it's so darn cheap. You can get a bowl of steamed, sautead, or wok fried/cooked veggies for a doller. :)
PS. I just cancelled my trip to Thailand b/c I was scared to go and get sick, not have my multitude of supplements, and not have easy access to a bath. I was going to be biking in the jungles and hiking everyday for two weeks so perhaps it's better that I didn't go during all of this but still, very jealous of the memeber who just went there. I'm gunna get there someday, pain in the ass or not:)

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 15:33

Ouaker Oats makes a special dieters option for oatmeal that tastes great, esp the maple brown sugar kind and it has 7g of fiber per serving!
Think it's called Dieaters Delight Oatmeal, you can find it at any regular supermarket and it's soo good and not diety at all. Add bananas for added fiber!

Postby bherna1 » 11 Feb 2008, 21:26

luxdunst
Thanks for your comments. I got really sick eating fresh veggies in China. I guess i will stick to eating the cooked stuff there. Where i go in China is deep into China where they use alot of alternative methods for furtilizing the veggies. Most of the people i am with get sick or dont depending on their resistance to the bacteria around there. I go to the migrant areas of China where they are dirt poor and poverty around the factories. Some of the places dont have running water and power shuts down around 7 at night due to the non commerical zone they are in.
Again i appreciate your in put.
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby bherna1 » 11 Feb 2008, 21:29

Thanks Buttgirl for the tip. I am alergic to oats and stuff like that. Failed to mention that. I want to try dried fruit. The only thing does it cause hard BM's?
Again thanks
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttgirl » 12 Feb 2008, 11:11

It hasn't caused me hard poo, but I tend to drink water with it and chew each bit of fruit thoroughly. Perhpas you should try some before you go so that you know what it will do to you. also, I have problems with grain ans scratchy BM, so instead of granola bars, I eat coconut bars. Oskri makes different flavored ones that are individually packaged. they're yummy. The almons one tastes like marzipan.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Feb 2008, 14:39

Yes, I agree with BG, with water and thorough chewing, dried fruit should be OK!
Deleted User 5

Postby bherna1 » 12 Feb 2008, 14:51

thanks for all your comments and helpful feedback.
best regards
bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 17:12

Hey mypoopy,

Sorry to hear the Botox has not worked for you. Maybe they did not use enough. I have had 2 shots and they worked great for me. I am scheduled for a third but I am considering cancelling because the pain is minimal and managable. I can always reschedule later I hope you start to feel better soon. Maybe even consider a second shot? It's a thought.

Patty

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 13 Feb 2008, 20:22

Hey, Patty! So glad to hear that the shots are working for you and have reduced your pain. That's really great. I remember how much pain you were in.
I haven't given up all hope on the botox yet. I go in back in for a check-up next week -- who knows, maybe it's getting better and I don't realize it. Yeah, I'd definitely consider a second shot if my doc thinks it might help. Otherwise, we'll see. Might try a more aggressive procedure.
Oh, and my doc actually told me that she uses a higher dosage of botox than most doctors. So go figure.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21