Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

Postby GilmoreGirl » 07 Apr 2017, 11:02

Thanks guys. Pain is lessening slowly I think, took less painkiller so far today. But swelling and tightness feels the same. Lower abdominal cramping so I sat on the toilet and with great effort was able to pass a small amount of gas. Feel like I need to have a bm but I sat there trying for 15 minutes and nothing happened. I'm getting really crampy and full, trying to eat more to stop the nausea from the meds but I just start to throw up. Is it just swelling that is making it so hard to go? I don't understand why it feels so clammed shut. I'm getting petrified about the first bm and my body is telling me I need to go, it just won't do it. I'm trying to be patient but every day I don't go I feel worse and worse.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby chachacha » 07 Apr 2017, 11:29

I know that it's scary, but don't forget that you're not even close to the stage when they want you to have had a movement. Fingers crossed that you have that first BM soon!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Apr 2017, 11:32

If your able to take less painkillers then that's a good improvement Hun. Small steps each day will get better and better. You have hardly eaten anything so it's no surprise that you don't need a BM yet. From someone who spent quite a lot of years not eating much due to bowel issues gas when trapped in the sigmoid can feel like a BM....trust me if your body does need to poop then it will even if that ends up being a bit painful for you. I know we are all different but I tried to see every day without a BM was one more day for the swelling to go down. I wouldn't worry too much until day 4/5 as your not really eating. Have a go at writing what you have eaten in the last 4 days then think about how much needs to come out. Might show why you can't poop just yet especially if you aren't actually digesting that food because you are vomiting it back up. See how you feel tomorrow there is always the option of Colace Hun
I think it's a great step that your able to cut down on the painkillers shows things are moving in the right direction
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 07 Apr 2017, 11:39

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm winding myself up, I'm a person who goes at least once a day so this is disconcerting and my abdomen is definitely not happy about it. I think I will take 1 colace tomorrow night if I have not gone, I find it doesn't work as well as miralax but is much gentler on my system.

You guys are being so patient with me, thanks so much
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Apr 2017, 12:08

Hun you were always there for me...it's not a case of being patient, we understand exactly where you are coming from and know that the first few days after surgery can be worrying.
I'm assuming when you go once a day you have been eating a bit more and not vomiting.
I'm sure you will go soon Hun
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 07 Apr 2017, 15:48

GG,you are very kind and have also been so helpful as well. You know life is a funny thing... and God puts people in our paths along our way to help one another in the most unexpected ways at times! And this is absolutely an unexpected way. Can't wait until we are able to look back at this and laugh. I felt pretty closed up for at least 2 weeks then gradually lessened. It feels worse than it actually is. Colace was the best for me, I would shake as I approached having to go, but sure enough although it's still kind of weird the whole bowel thing will readjust itself little by little. Eat what you can, broths and soups maybe? It's just hard to tell the pain levels they kind of just blend together after a while..lol but luckily they do reduce. Hang in there... Keep going!!!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 07 Apr 2017, 18:34

Thanks guys.

Just managed to have a small bm but it was really tough. Pain is ok, it just wasn't easy, the opening is so small it did not come easy. Was soft, which is difficult for me to pass. Maybe no stool softener needed. My stomach is in a bit of turmoil so I'm expecting more to come. Luckily barely any bleeding.

I do feel like I still have to go and it's very uncomfortable. I wish I could have that experience that others describe of the first bm being easy.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 07 Apr 2017, 18:48

Well that's good at least it's somewhat operational!! haha. I started taking my cell phone with me with music on it, so I was distracted and didnt tense up as much. Oh the crazy things you do getting through this. I did read that still feeling like you need to go after you just went is pretty normal symptom mine is still working through that issue. Hard to tell if it's the nerves, hems or you actually Still Have to go.. Only time will tell. Wonder what the pioneer women did back in a day.. lol ugh!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 07 Apr 2017, 19:08

Thanks MF. Stomach is definitely on a roll now. As usual, once I start going it's like it all wants to come at once. I'm going to try and wait until it is very urgent so I don't have to push as much but straining seems inevitable. But, not gonna lie, wearing an adult diaper to bed just in case lol.

On the bright side, I didnt find it more painful than going when my fissure was bad, just required a lot more effort.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 07 Apr 2017, 19:41

haha That's not a bad idea, good ole depends! happened to me especially after the collace. So no spasms>?! already? Once the swelling goes down it's going to feel so much better, next week at this time you will notice it's so much better. I had my procedure 10 days before Christmas and the first week was awful, but I got through Christmas, (I think my emotions got the best of me which made it worse) but then healed in 3 weeks so it's a steady slow path. So your fissure if not already will probably heal really quick now!!! YAY
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist