Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Apr 2017, 02:53

So pleased Hun you will see much more improvement each day now. The first BM is never as bad as we think. It's so great that you didn't even have spasms so happy for you. Onwards and upwards from here.
Big hugs x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 Apr 2017, 05:26

Thanks! Day four now. Woke up with urgent need to go and was able to but it was not gentle lol...again feeling unfinished but didn't want to push too much. Very sore now, but not the spasm/burning sore - just aching and throbbing on the side where the incision is. It's very early here so I'm putting an ice pack on the area and heading back to bed. Hopefully the pain will subside before I have to go again.

I'm hoping the tightness will go away soon, it feels like I'm tearing the stitches every time I go, but I have not had much bleeding, just a little on the tissue once or twice a day.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby chachacha » 08 Apr 2017, 08:09

It sounds like you're really making good progress and I'm so happy to hear that you're not spasming anymore.

Keep up the good work!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 Apr 2017, 10:48

Thanks chachacha...I think I spoke too soon. I went again this morning and I can only pass liquid stool, but it feels like there's something more substantial there. But even when straining, the opening is like a pin hole. And now the pain is at least 8/10 with morphine. I just thought things would be looser after, I feel like this isn't similar to what others have experienced in recovery. And my body is constantly telling me I need to go, but I can't...i don't know what else I can do but wait until it's extremely urgent...

I know I'm ranting the same things over and over but I really did not expect this. I expected the pain, that I can manage, but not being able to go is making me so anxious. I don't know why I can't or if things will improve beyond this point
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 08 Apr 2017, 10:54

Gg, I have read numerous postings that many have experienced the same symptoms, some explained as a pushing out feeling, probably all the muscles, tissue and nerve endings alittle out of wack. They all said it eventually subsided so that is a good thing!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 Apr 2017, 11:09

Well ya, I've read that about Botox, but not LIS, at least not 4 days post op still this tight. I feel like something isn't right. I can only go when it's very urgent and liquid (ie explosive, sorry tmi). I can feel more solid bm there it just won't relax to come out...I tried in the warm tub too, nothing. I can't go much longer without some improvement it's exhausting and I was hoping to not take pain meds but I've had no choice and I can't imagine stopping them soon. I'm just so tired of this, I needed to catch a break and definitely did not
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 08 Apr 2017, 12:23

I'm sorry, your not getting relief yet. It's hard reading others recovery that seem much easier. You don't have fever or anything right?
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Apr 2017, 15:34

I couldn't have gone for a BM before day five it was just too tight down there.
My first BM was painful second not so bad. I know my explosive watery acidic BMs in the second week sent my pain off the scale like even worse than my fissure had ever been...but once I managed to get my BMs into some sort of normal consistency the pain levelled out even if it did take 5/6 weeks to achieve that.
Don't forget GG you have other issues going on in there that will impact the pain from the incision and the fissure...most people who have LIS do not have that problem. The acidity set off the pain which set off the tightness which then stops the swelling from going down.
I wish I could give you a magic solution to make it better but everyone's body is different

I know it's sounds unbelievable to you now but in a few weeks time this will be over...your body will heal itself. I never believed in week 3/4 that I would eat again let alone go back to the gym. I went to my doc and demanded TPN I was that desperate....thankfully they said no...give it time.
It's awful what you have been through but this is that last push before you reach the top of the mountain and see the sun
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 Apr 2017, 16:43

Thanks guys. I don't know why but I've had serious diarrhea today, 4 times now and I can't get on top of the pain I'm really scared because it won't stop I feel like I've already retire my fissures
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 Apr 2017, 17:34

I'm literally in hell. I thought the morphine would back me up and solidify my stools but this is just outrageous. Maybe I should take Imodium? But I worry that will just mean I don't go for a day and then Have diarrhea the next. And I don't even think I could pass a solid stool the opening is so small I have to push even with diarrhea..but most people seem to be able to have a solid bm by now no problem. I can't go through many more days like this I just can't. there's no number I can call for help or advice because it's the weekend, and my parents won't take me to emergency and think I'm exaggerating and just mentally unstable because of the pain meds. This the most pain I've ever dealt witH I feel like Maybe I am going insane.

I know you all understand and it helps to talk here, I'm sorry for posting so continuously I'm just so so scared and keep having bad thoughts of just ending it, this has been so much constant pain for so long and I don't know if there's an end to it.
GilmoreGirl
VIP