hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: hello

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2009, 09:07

Cool we do have tramadol here :D
Goodluck Darren !

Postby derryboy » 25 Jan 2009, 09:19

tramadol yup u can get, but uve got to really beg, i sometimes get 1 week supply every few months. but boy it helps with really bad pain.
ive also read on here people take valium:confused:
it seems pretty much hardcore drug to be given does it not.
valium over here are never given out unless for breakdowns or ive heard alcohol withdrawls
my late father was on valium in his final weeks
i saw wot they did to him.
you wont catch me going that route
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2009, 09:56

Noted - Thanks !
Valuim - Can be used for muscle spasms - It helps in easing off that horrid tightness and cramping Image
Short term and in moderation is fine - i know what you saying !

Postby Corsi » 25 Jan 2009, 10:02

derryboy wrote:trust me if i was a dog id asked to be put down

Image That's how this make us feel, I have suggested that a few times, but for some reason my husband doesn't think it's a good solution...
Living with fissures are hard, it affect so many parts of life...
Is it the BM that is painful, or afterwards?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby derryboy » 25 Jan 2009, 10:11

both am afraid. the BM`s are so very sore ive found myself on me knee`s at time crying...
then afterwards the pounding, the cramps, spasams, sharp stabbing pains
its a ever ending circle
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby derryboy » 25 Jan 2009, 10:16

tabby... yup i do totaly agree with u about the relaxing effect valium would have....but can u imagine going in2 the g.p`s up here
and saying can i get valium my butt is agony
think they wood call a certain hosi in montrose
instead of 9wells
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2009, 10:21

Thats evil Image
There are a few of us here that cannot tolerate the bulk forming laxitves - isphagula - as this bulks out the BM = more pain !
How much of this do you take ??
You are funny Dazzy - I just asked my GP straight out told her i thought it would help with the spasms and she agreed - Sunnyside Image

Postby derryboy » 25 Jan 2009, 10:32

Tabby wrote:Thats evil Image
There are a few of us here that cannot tolerate the bulk forming laxitves - isphagula - as this bulks out the BM = more pain !
How much of this do you take ??
You are funny Dazzy - I just asked my GP straight out told her i thought it would help with the spasms and she agreed - Sunnyside Image

i take regulan 2/3 times daily. maybe this might be making things worse for me then Image
Image at sunnyside.... i wont dare ask for them... but i dare say sunnyside would just mite be more hepful than a certain dr T i saw
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2009, 11:55

Hi Darren,
Sorry I am late in welcoming you. Just read your thread and I feel so bad that you are suffering so. I know exactly how you feel. That part about the dog-yup-can totally relate.
I have tried tramadol too. And valium, and well, you name it, I am a pharmacopia here. I know that Val in England has been able to get it quite readily for her spasms. They sure don't like to give it out here in the US because it can be addictive but you really only need a very small dose (like 5 mg) to get the muscles to relax some. There is documentation that it works so if you need to bring in a research article to get it you might do that. Another muscle relaxer is Flexoril which could be useful too but isn't addictive so you might feel more comfortable using that.
I have always found that 800 mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times a day helped the most. Have you tried that?
AF and other anal problems have to be the most miserable affliction sent from the bowels of hell.

Postby derryboy » 25 Jan 2009, 13:05

valium up here in scotland will be very hard to get from any g.p. why, its addictive, and probally very costly to the nhs. the nhs in the uk, is all about keeping with budgets etc, imo anyway.
ibuprofen and other simalar tablets i cant take, my gut just spits them bak up,
Flexoril is a tablet ive ever heard of. but id sure will google it and look at it.
am very grateful to all on these boards, your all angels, thank so very kind for all ur understanding and all your very supportive manners, and some very nice tips to xx
derryboy
King Fissure