hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: hello

Postby derryboy » 27 Jan 2009, 13:42

thank you kim. i drink around 2/3 bottles of water per day, i still at the stage of finding a good stool softener thats gd for me.
my neighbour brought round some milk of mag 2 day she swears by it. she use it 3 x a week, but she says u can use every day/night. so will use this around 10pm tonite.
i will follow the bottles instuctions for loose stools plus maybe an xtra 5 mls. or maybe some1 on here can tell me wot a good nice dose of this would be
thank u all for ur support. am so glad ive found this forum. it pure heaven xx
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby cherylk » 27 Jan 2009, 13:48

Yes, it can be very informative and helpful plus provides an opportunity to play games (as you know)!! Image You'll get your situation figured out/improved--just don't get discouraged!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Jan 2009, 14:00

Stay away from hard crunchy foods, Darren. Nuts, heck, anything that might bump and hurt your fissure when you have a BM. Crunchy salads may not be a good idea. Soft, cooked foods are best!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 27 Jan 2009, 14:36

Dazzy,
Your mood affects how you feel. Why don't you try changing your mood away from "worried," even though you are. Maybe you could list "hopeful," which you also probably are!! If you start to think more positively, it will affect your healing in a positive way. Our mind and bodies are VERY strongly connected. Just a suggestion!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 27 Jan 2009, 14:50

more great advice, i have never really thought about it like that before, when i come on here i see my name and then worried" which starts me off worse than what i was b4, mmmm you have a real cute point. the change will be made
:) x
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 27 Jan 2009, 14:54

Yes, what we have in our conscious awareness (i.e. what we see and hear) tends to get more strongly reinforced in our belief system! And when you read about Tamara and others, you can see that others WERE also as discouraged as you at one point in time! Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 27 Jan 2009, 18:17

Image any1 got a good painkiller. Image
this is so sore, fissures are the work of the devil himself
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2009, 18:38

Have you tried taking 2 tramadol?

Postby val » 28 Jan 2009, 02:00

I tried lots of painkillers and found that paracetamol and ibruprofen taken together was what worked the best for me. I was given pethidine which is very strong but it made no difference whatsoever.
Have you tried valium? Its very helpful with relaxing spasms.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 28 Jan 2009, 05:49

I can only say what has helped me...
One strawberry smoothie with a teaspoon lactulose for breakfast, one big spoon fishoil, juice, and 7 dl. water.
Lunch; one avocado/mango smoothie, with same amount of lactulose, 1/2 boiled egg, 7 dl. water.
Early dinner; 1 piece of boiled salmon (or other fish/shrimps...), 15 kidneybeans, 7 -9 dl. water.
Dinnertime; a small portion of fissure safe food, 1 big spoon olive oil, Movicol and again the same amount of water, crossed flax seeds.
I might have another smoothie and water in the evening, it depends on when I go to bed...

This is boring food, but I don't have a choice. When pain is so in my face I just cannot eat a lot. I even go down on that amount if things are really bad. From the beginning of this nightmare I have been so aware of this: what goes in HAS to go out Image , and the more it is = the more pain. Have lost more than 20 kg. on this diet from hell :)
- Smoothies - I make up to 4 - 5 and put them in the fridge...
- You can even up the amount of oils Darren to help things slide through more easily.
- Use Xylocain before you go to the toilet - painkilling gel, or Nitro - to relax your sphincter.
- Keep the area dry, don't use synthetic underwear/clothes..
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18