Fissure after forceps delivery

Painful

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure after forceps delivery

Postby missy moo » 27 May 2017, 16:21

Here in nz it costs extra for that test the crs just checks the tone during an exam. This morning I had a perfect bm start to finish and it still felt like glass then stinging after I can't live like this all I want to do is breastfed my baby but I'm being punished for that with this non healing fissure an mastitis that keeps coming back I'm on the brink of giving up breast feeding :(
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby patience_and_healing » 27 May 2017, 16:25

It must feel awful to have to give up on breastfeeding. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you talked to your doctor about switching to formula? Maybe formula would help you to get over this time period and then you could go back to BF once you feel better.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 27 May 2017, 16:44

I think if I gave up I wouldn't go back because the hormones are causing this fissure not to heal I'm so depressed to with an aching breast and stinging bum an my baby is due to feed on the sore side which feels like my nipple is being ripped off is so bad
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 27 May 2017, 16:47

Perhaps it's really time to consult with your doctor and also consider getting some help with your children. You sound very depressed and that is understandable considering the horrible time you're going through. Giving up BF won't make you a bad mother, and the reduced pain will help you cope with other mothering duties better.
:smilyhug:
patience_and_healing

Postby missy moo » 27 May 2017, 16:56

I'm so sick of my life I can't live like this i cant even eat. But I'm scared that the surgery some how will be worse then what I already live with or I'll be in the 5% of people who aren't happy with the results then it's also not that easy to get someone good to do it an for free which just add to everything I have to work hard for something I'm unsure about an while in my state with a 6 week old :(
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 27 May 2017, 16:59

Right now you can focus on reducing your pain levels, maybe with painkillers that won't cause constipation. Take it one step at a time. It's normal to worry about the surgery. And we don't know yet if you need one or perhaps Botox might help you too. Botox may put the pain on hold for a while after which you can decide what needs to be done.
patience_and_healing

Postby missy moo » 27 May 2017, 17:46

Yea your right its the pain that makes you feel doomed I'll take some pain killers. Plus my fear of the pending sore side feed had my mind freaking myself out I've just finished the feed which is a huge relief I need this infection gone so I can go back to focusing on the fissure 1 thing I can deal with 2 things is just do able you know having to massive pains will drive anyone insane.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby FissureVictim » 27 May 2017, 18:31

Hi MM, sorry to hear about your pain. Did you tried to google for home remedy for mastitis??? Like cold compress or warm compress??

About fissure, if you still feel pain during BM, did you tried putting vasaline??? I put vasaline first and then will insert KY Jelly with a syringe. Vasaline helps to coat the fissure and avoid friction of stool against fissure and KY Jelly lubricates tip of stool and helps to slide down easily.... it really made a huge difference to me. Worth a try. Put some virgin coconut oil in sitz bath (better to use toilet seat sitz bath tub, else bathtub will become oily). It soothes the area really well. I asked my surgeon and she said that using virgin coconut oil will not make any harm. Also continue using your ointment (sorry I don't remember which ointment you are using??)

Hope this helps... I know it's terrible to quit BF, but if that makes you feel lil better and then if you could enjoy with your lil one, then don't worry... you need to take care of yourself first in order to be able to take care of your baby. And you have your whole life to take care of your baby. Don't break down... your courage will help you to keep on moving and later you can support your child by being more strong... all the best and my prayers n hugs for you....

Cry out loud if you have to, but don't loose hope... get some fresh air
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby FissureVictim » 27 May 2017, 18:32

Hi PnH, how are feeling ?? I beileve you are healing well with the botox!!
FissureVictim
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 27 May 2017, 20:11

Yea I need to buy some vasaline that's something I've used for my fissure for years. I want to move past this fissure I can't live with it anymore I want to never feel pain in my behind again I never want to think about my behind again or put creams or lotions on it again I've done this for to long I'll end up with depression if this keeps up I'm really having a hard time I need an end to this fissure asap but if I get the surgery will I have no pain? No more creams? No more thinking about my behind? Because that's what I desperately want an need?
missy moo
King Fissure

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion