LIS - Recovering (3 )

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS - Recovering (Day7)

Postby Fellk » 23 Jul 2014, 16:23

owmybum wrote:Ah..... Your stratocaster.....hi!

Sorry to hear you've had to go on and have LIS.... But it sounds all good.... Apart from the blood... But no pain is GREAT!

I'm having advancement flap surgery next Tuesday, and I'm hoping that will be the end of my misery!

OMB x

Yes i am! When the site moved my account became locked and it'd not let me reset so I just made a new one.

Good luck with the surgery! Be sure to take lots of time for yourself.

Yeah the blood is baffling with no real pain but I'm not concerned. I've taken some photos and I can see its a spot that not 100% healed after the cut but most of it isn't even visible at this point. Just need to keep taking it easy and not doing something like biking etc quite yet.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fellk » 25 Jul 2014, 08:18

Yesterday was fine, no issue.

Today went mostly fine. Small dot of blood when I was cleaning after BM. Keep having those huge muscle contractions after going. I can't really control it. I think I'm also going to start using the tape again espec at night. I find I wake up in the morning and it feels a bit on the sore and scratchy side as I'm probably stretching and moving around all night. Thus need to do some tape so less pulling.

Beyond that I think next week is going to be my last week of not cycling. Sick of spending$20 a week to bus around.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 28 Jul 2014, 09:02

It's been a few days :)

Nothing to report which is good I'd say. Slight blood spotting but its super minimal. Have been using gauze but not tape. At this point the gauze has nothing on it after 12+ hours. I'm not out of the woods yet but I'd say I'm getting there. 95% normal. Should be back biking again next Monday.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Re: LIS - Recovering (3 )

Postby Fellk » 30 Jul 2014, 19:14

Been mostly good. Yesterday I had a lot of lactose and had a bit of the capital D when I used the washroom. Slight smidge of blood but nothing major at all. Gauze had no real blood when I checked it.

Decided I'm past needing gauze and tape. It's just irritating the area. I took a serious look and some photos to compare progress as I go along. Things look healthy. I can tell where the cut was but it's cleanly healed up now. Still some general swelling in the tissue around but it's healthy looking. REALLY nice to see that ball of scar tissue gone. I was worried it'd still be there.

Heard from CRS, followup is August 21st.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 31 Jul 2014, 09:05

I think have the gauze down there caused some irritation or a slight rash. Very scratchy feeling but no biggy. bathroom has been very easy lately.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Fellk » 06 Aug 2014, 19:57

Nothing to report. Has all been good. No gauze and tape. No blood. Comfy. I'm biking again.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 11 Aug 2014, 05:25

Sounds like you're doing well....
Keep going and keep us posted! X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Fellk » 15 Aug 2014, 08:56

Things have been going well. No blood or issues for multiple weeks now. Kinda back to where I was before surgery although going to the washroom is def easier now that the butthole isn't so tight.

ive been taking pictures to see how things are healing. looking decent id say. not perfect but getting there.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 15 Aug 2014, 16:33

Great news!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Fellk » 21 Aug 2014, 14:39

Alright so I had my followup with the doctor.

They can't even see the incision point so I did a good job healing. They noted a small skin tag but said it's nothing to worry about. Felt around internally and nothing. Doc said things should be peachy and I'll never need to see him again.

I didn't ask about sex as there were student docs and stuff around so I didn't want to get super personal. I figure I can push myself slow. As it stands a finger doesn't hurt at all. I remember during the exam in April when they put a finger in and poked around it was painful for 5 days.

Thus, I am HEALED.
Fellk
Salt Bather