Spasms continuing after healed?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Spasms continuing after healed?!

Postby mamafizz » 16 Dec 2016, 12:11

O my Thank you so much your a life saver... it,s so hard dealing with pain on pain and your helpfulness is appreciated. I only had the procedure yesterday so I know I have to give it some time..but it is so sore and swollen throbbing and tight dont see how I would be able to put in the nitro have not eaten yesterday or today..lost 50 pounds due to this thing..ugh..I am a faithful person but the reassurance is much needed so I am going to do what I can,, my Christmas Present will be to feel better!!! How are you doing..all better???
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby mamafizz » 16 Dec 2016, 12:15

GG thank you sooo much I am waiting for Dr to call me back about pain med and sitz baths etc,... all suggestions greatly appreciated
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Dec 2016, 13:02

Hi Hun,
The first 2/3 days were pretty awful I was seriously swollen my hems were the worse they had been to be honest I despaired of getting better but within 5 days I was seeing good improvement and didn't have a single spasm which is the thing that just kills me.
There should be no reason not to pop a bit of GTN on the outside I did for first few days...sitz baths are the best for the pain I think I had about 6 the second day and the third. They really help the soreness.
Keep going Hun in a weeks time you will see significant improvement. I didn't eat for 5 days after my Botox I was that scared but to be honest the BM when it happened wasn't as bad as I expected and they got easier and easier.
I think they should give us something to sleep through the first 3 days as the worry and pain is awful but rest assured it will get much better very quickly
Good luck Hun
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 16 Dec 2016, 13:15

So even though we have been in constant pain for so long there is a day that we will be painfree right!!???
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Dec 2016, 14:03

Oh yes Hun I had about 8 weeks of just slight discomfort and about 4 with nothing at all really....I know if it wasn't for my IBS I would have probably healed in that time....you will get there you will be pain free
Mypoorbutt

Postby mamafizz » 16 Dec 2016, 14:23

thanks so much lov ya for the reassurance really need right now.. your the best... I have so much anxiety... ugh.. And usually such an impatient and active person. I have not been going anywhere or doing much at all.. not to mention my love life with my husband.. down to 0...he is being very patient.. I have 6 grown children and 7 grandchildren and I have not been able to help anyone especially this time of year.. I had IBs and can't tolerate lactose and that dreaded Chocolate Milkshake this summer caused this current situation.. never having one of those again. lol... Better now since my diet changed but what a life altering thing to happen..over an ice cream beverage.. sheesh...again I can't wait to send my success story and encouragement to others as well... :)
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Dec 2016, 15:11

I think that's one thing this has taught me it's that I need to learn patience, I'm very impatient myself and expect things to get better as soon as I take a tablet, I have a very busy life and do not have time for this lol if only it was that simple.
I'm lactose intolerant but along with my IBS I spent years ignoring it...I mean come on I need Hagen das and cheese to function like a normal human. But I know now I will never eat dairy again.
My husband has put up with a very reduced love life and is getting more than annoyed now...but so am I...this thing controls so much of my life now, that I'm not even sure what I will do when I'm better.
I'm sure you will heal quickly, I'm pretty certain that if I had had my Botox within the first 6 months before my fissure had time to get so deep that the Botox would have healed me. You caught yours quick and with a careful diet
(no evil chocolate milkshake) you will soon be back to the old you
Mypoorbutt

Postby mamafizz » 16 Dec 2016, 15:58

mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 17 Dec 2016, 19:04

2 days after Botox pain is better but after going to the bathroom for the first time since procedure, still have the tightness and some pain, pinching, etc..but not necessarily the intense spasms. It's more like clamping and tight higher up. But definately still feels swollen from procedure, and tight and pulling sensation, which is ever present.(But ha this before so should be gone pretty soon) MPB has been very helpful with the timeline, so in a few weeks hopefully all tightness and leftover spasm etc will disappear. I can't even imagine how joyful that will be!!! These things do a number on your nerves and muscles needs time to desensitise and calm down. Cant wait to stop having to lay around all the time and go work out without feeling like something is in there all the time..ugh I just have to be able to sit like a normal person, still have not tried.. MPB I forgot to ask you when you were able to totally sit down for a bit, or are you still waiting to be able to do that? And how soon you were able to be back to full routine.. this thing has halted everything ready to ramp it up soon lol
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Dec 2016, 19:21

Hi Hun,
So glad to hear your feeling a bit better. The first trip to the bathroom is always tough but like you say the best thing about Botox is at least there is no spasm.
It shouldn't be too long till the Botox kicks in fully, I was still applying my GTN and over the space of a few days around the 2nd week realised that I actually didn't need to try and relax as my sphincter just wasn't tightening. It was great.
I think with Botox it was probably around day 5/7 that I was able to sit for a bit. LIS took me longer but I can now sit for a couple of hours then I start to get sore again.
With Botox I was back to work, the gym, cinema and meals out after week 2 again with LIS it took me a lot longer about week 4 I would say but my crohns and IBS decided to play up big time, probably due to all the worry and having to go to the toilet 8x a day really did delay my recovery from the LIS.
I'm sure by the middle of next week you will be fine to leave the house and will be feeling much better.
If I'm still getting burning after every BM in 6 weeks time I will be asking for another Botox as it really did get rid of the pain for me much more than the LIS has....not sure if they will give it me though now I'm starting to heal lol.
Mypoorbutt