Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Surgery today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox, Sentinel Pile Removal and Fissurectomy Diary

Postby Bum_UK » 10 Jun 2017, 15:11

Day 5 summary. Food: oatmeal porridge with a sliced pear for breakfast, one half sized bagel with salami and ham for lunch, lasagna and salad for dinner, half a punnet of strawberries as a snack.

I've had four BMs today. It seems like they're transitioning to slightly more formed but soft and that's what I'm aiming for. No bleeding or discharge today.
I have the same burning sensation after BMs at the fissurectomy site until I clean off. I'm still uncomfortable part of the day after BMs but I've been sitting up for around four hours today in one to one and a half hour sittings. I have been for a short car ride as well and it was considerably less uncomfortable than when I had the fissure. I took one 500mg paracetamol this morning but haven't taken any painkiller after that.

I took 0.75 sachets of Laxido this morning and one sachet tonight.

I've not been for a walk as the weather has been appalling today.

Zero episodes of House of Cards but probably ten episodes of Man v Food...
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby missy moo » 10 Jun 2017, 18:37

Man vs food story of our lives lol no I have no idea when they will get back to me very frustrating just waiting for a litter to arrive with a date.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 10 Jun 2017, 18:40

Your doing great congrats by the way. Does your pain now feel like a sliced behind that's how mine feels plus tight an sharp an every now an then a needle poke in the behind that makes me jump.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 11 Jun 2017, 13:42

Do they usually take long to get back to you with things like that?

My pain after BMs when it was bad was akin to having a pulsating hot iron rod up the anus... It then changed to a dull pain. The pain during BMs when it was like passing shards of glass. The pain when things improved was a burning sensation at the fissure site until I'd cleaned off. That's the same kind of sensation I have after BMs now.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 11 Jun 2017, 13:51

Day 6 summary. Food: oatmeal porridge with a sliced pear for breakfast, have a crustless quiche Loarraine with salad for lunch, oven baked chicken breast, cauliflower and cheese, tender stem broccoli and root veg mash for dinner, I'll have half a punnet of strawberries as a snack later.

Today has been a mixed bag. The first BM of the day was formed and soft but it did hurt quite a bit. I had BM two of the day within half an hour of the first BM and then a third BM a couple of hours later. All BMs were rather painful. I started getting spasm like pains/discomfort straight after the first BM and it kept building until I the pain levelled off at around a 6/10. I was back to the baseline after surgery (which is, it doesn't hurt but my bum feels a bit weird) at around 1pm.
I've been sitting up around 90% of the time today. I've been for three 15 minute walks.

I noticed two small bruises by my right ankle last night and then a larger bruise on my left foot close to the toes this morning. I'm not sure whether they're from the compression stockings or not. I called the number provided by the hospital and talked to the nurse. She said I can stop using the compression stockings but again stressed that I must use them during the flights two weeks from today. I'll probably wear the stockings when I sleep tonight and for a few more days.

I look 2 times 500mg paracetamol once today.

I took one sachet of Laxido this morning and one tonight.

Two episodes of House of Cards today which means we've made some progress making our way through season 5. :)
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 11 Jun 2017, 16:14

Would you say your in the same position as before the fissure healed a month ago your kind of describing my everyday minus the spasms but it feels like I'm passing glass everyday which I want to stop hence why I want lis I have a sore tightness which my doctor said is a spasm that's when the ring closes off an it feels different for everyone so I wouldn't be worse off after the op if my recovery is like yours it will be the same as it is now. Do you still feel like your passing glass if that's how you've felt it to be before?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 11 Jun 2017, 16:16

We're both in fissure pain but the difference is your like 90% more likely to heal progressively an I'm likely to retear next month I haven't healed this fissure in 4 weeks now so it's non-stop at the mo really hating life plus I have a tummy bug which is the worst for an open fissure.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 12 Jun 2017, 03:28

I've had one BM so far today and it was softer as I've increased the amount of Laxido. No discomfort yet but it's not been that long since the BM.
The BMs yesterday were uncomfortable/painful but nowhere near the passing glass sensation.

I'd say that I'm back to approximately two or three weeks after the fissure re-tore in late March. You'd expect that given the fissurectomy and I've read her that skin tag removal is painful as well. The area around the anus was sore and tender following the surgery, that's slowly improving and I'm able to touch the area ever so gently with toilet paper to make sure the area is dry after I've cleaned off after BMs.

I do recommend that you try the Botox and fissurectomy as it may solve your problem. What kind of stool softener are you using? My CRS said it's fine to keep using e.g. Laxido/Movicol/Miralax forever.

I hope you recover from your stomach bug quickly!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 12 Jun 2017, 13:35

Day 7 summary. Food: oatmeal porridge with a sliced pear for breakfast, a baked potato with cheese and ham for lunch, four naughty mini croissants with chocolate filling as a snack, oven baked plaice, sweet potato wedges and veggie bake for dinner and I'll have some Skyr and watermelon (not together!) later.

I've had two BMs today. I was sore for around four to five hours after the first one. It does feel like milder spasms but it's still fine to go for a slow stroll etc. I didn't have any discomfort after the second BM, except the burning at the fissurectomy site until I'd cleaned off. It feels like something is pulling in the anus which my mom says is the wounds healing. It's not particularly uncomfortable or anything, it just feels a bit strange.

I've taken one 200mg ibuprofen tablet today.

I took one Laxido sachet after breakfast and one after dinner.

I've been for three walks totalling an hour and five minutes. I've been on my longest walk since surgery today. It was a 40 minute slow walk to a nearby store.

Only one episode of House of Cards today but we're about to watch the second episode of the day.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 12 Jun 2017, 23:20

Your pain is like mine now expect your not passing glass what a horrible pain that is (passing glass) it sounds like things are going good for you it's only been a week when do you have a follow-up appointment?
missy moo
King Fissure