37F and just had LIS!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 37F and just had LIS!

Postby Worstyear » 10 Jun 2022, 08:49

missy moo wrote:I'm still doing ok had a week were things were sore not the same 8yr old anterior fissure but a newer posterior fissure its fine now but i was just wondering am i the only original poster to still not of had surgery? It seems like everyone whos been hanging around this site with me for years has made that jump an had lis. I mite need it one day if i get any posterior or anterior flear ups in the future but i definitely think i heal faster with bigger more normally formed bms then the inconsistencies of bms caused by softeners. I wish everyone a beautiful future please all come back an update some day, and see if I'm still here. Updates as we all know are super important. Take care

Hi Missy! I understand how hard is to take the surgery route. I don't want to give stupid advice since everyone is different and have tons of reasons to do it or not. Not everyone has access to a proper medical care or money to do so. Each country and body is different. I had bigger bms the last 4 months and didn't change a lot but my problem was quite lighter than yours or others that post here.
I just can tell you that even with a fissurectomy done and huge piles removal, plus the conservative LIS, pain is more manageable (with meds of course) than fissure spasms. I don't know how this will go long term as just 3 days have passed but I believe my case was easy to solve for the surgeon.
If I can help you with something drop me a dm :hugs:
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Conifer2 » 20 Oct 2022, 20:22

Hi everyone. It’s been a while since my last post and wanted come back and update on things for anyone following this story and wondering how things are going.

And the answer to that is really well! There have been a few bumps on the road and id
say I’m probably still recovering almost a year later but only in the sense that I need to be very careful not to get constipated and have a retear as feel things are a bit more fragile down there. But perhaps always have been and that’s just my anatomy.

The good news is I gave birth to my baby girl in august by planned c-section and all went well with that and there have been no real fissure issues to deal with. I’m breast feeding so keeping hydration up and lots of dried apricots. I’m still taking a laxido every day as I did through pregnancy and as long as I do that there are no issues.

For anyone worried about LIS and going on to have a baby please don’t be. It’s totally possible with minimal issues at all.

From about 6mo pregnant I noticed there was a bit of seepage and was really worried about incontinence but I used gauze and it has since totally got away. I think this was things getting squished inside of me with growing baby and also hormones building.

I have had a couple of retears on days I’ve been a bit constipated but they have always healed within 2-3 days and there is always a reason for it and it’s normally lack of fluids and/or I skipped laxido for a couple days.

So In summary all is excellent here. I’m loving life as a new mum despite the lack of sleep and never think about my bm troubles anymore. Still 100% would make the decision for LIS again if I went back in time.

I do think of this community a lot and wonder how you are all getting on. Hopefully well!
Conifer2
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby patience_and_healing » 21 Oct 2022, 00:59

Wow, so happy to hear you are doing well! Congratulations on your little one, and hope you continue to have a pain free life.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Worstyear » 22 Oct 2022, 07:19

I was thinking about you! I'm so glad that you are ok and happy. Congratulations on your baby and take care! Your story was (is) very helpful and encouraging for me so I'm forever grateful to you.

:thanx:
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Postby Natasja/tassie2022 » 06 Nov 2022, 09:00

Nou ik heb helaas andere ervaringen met lis.
Afgelopen vrijdag mijn lis gehad maar gisteren en vandaag vreselijke napijn. Andere pijn als de fissuur pijn echt op de plek van de operatie. Het is ook echt een oorlogsgebied daar beneden. Vreselijke dik en bont en blauw. Ook de stoelgang gaat nog niet vanzelf. Echt vreselijk
Natasja/tassie2022
Salt Bather