HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: HELPPP PLEASE VERY DEPRESSED!

Postby Englanddevon » 14 Feb 2013, 06:31

Thanks Rachel I think I'm getting the hang of it now! Lol!
I can't believe that they won't give the gtn, my gp gave it straight away but it didn't seem to have any effect apart from awful headaches! I back off to my gp this afternoon and he thinks the Lis is the next step, I know of two people who suffered for 20 years plus and had great success with the surgery so I think I'll push for this option. Let us know how you get on with the Botox though.
A quick question to both of you - have any of the tears extended along the perenium - mine have and that seems to be where the pain is coming from?
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 06:39

I'm still on the GTN (2 weeks in) but my CRS told me after this there was another ointment. Maybe he could let you buy some more GTN ointment then instead? Surely it can't be that bad for your health if it relieved the pain?
Hi Englanddevon, how long have you been using GTN? After one week it had had little to no effect, but after two weeks I'm virtually pain free.
I have no idea where the perenium is but my fissure is quite far inside, hence the spasms. It's certainly not visible.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Englanddevon » 14 Feb 2013, 06:42

Hi cracking! I used for about 3 weeks .... The perineum is the skin between the anus and vagina so visible although I haven't actually attempted to look as it feels in tatters and I'm worried about what ill see, so ill keep that lovely sight for the gp! Ha ha!
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 06:57

Hi England, I have used the GTN for 8 weeks, it gave relief, but didn't heal me. Crakin up suggested the other ointment, but it isn't licenced in the UK. i was just thinking i could use it until the Botox, but the doc said because it isn't licenced it will cost hundeds for a tube. Image
Yes i know what you mean about the perineum,mine is sore and so are my lady bits.i have been to see a gynae privately, as all the issues started together he isn't sure if it is all related. I am also red on my anus and inside my vagina, i get frequent urination and painful urination.Not sure if this is related to the AF'S or i have 2 separate Image problems!! The one chronic AF is near the perineum, so not sure if the pain can transfer???
Crackin up, how long have you suffered? i couldn't go 20 yrs with this hell, as you saw in my first post, i would jump in front of a train. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 07:16

Ah.. no wonder I am struggling... I do not have a vagina!
I've been suffering since the start of January Rachael, but things got really bad 2 weeks ago. I was ready to goto hospital and they sent me home with some ointment... lol.
Since having this I've done a lot of research and from what I can gather after your operation you will be guaranteed spasm free for 3 months. If this is enough time for your fissure to heal then that should be the chapter closed. If not then LIS would be the next step and is almost 100% effective, so do not worry as you will get the better.
People who suffer from a fissure for years are too scared to have the operation, or don't believe in it. Also the more chronic it becomes (longer you have it) the less pain you go through. Acute (new) fissures are very painful.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 07:25

And not sure if I mentioned but I'm from the UK also, so whatever ointment my CRS recommended IS a viable option over here. Maybe I got the name wrong... I'll try my best to remember for you.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 07:29

Bet you are glad you don't! i wanted CRS to say i would be having the LIS, but he wants to try the botox first. Image I am scared as i know the healing rate isn't great, and i have been suffering for a while now.The chronic AF i can see, but he said last Weds when i saw him, there is a new acute AF Image Why me? I am trying everything and i feel like i am hitting a brick wall.
How do you cope mentally? It has well and truly got me, because of the pain and how it has affected my daily life. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 09:20

I'm not sure... if I could have had surgery the first week I would have taken it for definite. The pain was extreme and no getting away from it. Also I'd probably be a lot better than I am now.
Many years ago I think the only solution was LIS. But thanks to research and desire to cut costs, alternative solutions were explored... such as the GTN ointment.
Now they chuck us a Ј30 tube of ointment hoping that the issue will simply go away. I mean just think of the saving to the NHS if 70% of people don't have to go through an expensive surgical procedure.
Mentally it's very difficult, although I am still working which helps to focus my mind when not in too much pain. During peak pain hours I roll around in bed on the sofa - often I'll find a position that seems to relieve the pain a bit. Works one day and then not the next which is frustrating.
I'm always fine on an evening so I try and look forward to these as much as possible. I think you need to expect the pain each day, knowing it won't be forever and try and focus on the pain free part of your day. When do your spasms start and how long to they typically last?
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 10:18

They can last all day. I only get relief when in bed and no pain on waking, but as soon as I have BM pain is there! Today hasn't been as bad. The burning is the killer, god knows why I burn and burn and..... Image the NHS is a pain. All this waiting. I wish I could have endless money so I could pay private!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 15:14

Is it quicker privately? I've never looked into it... Yet Image
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist