LIS Surgery and Recovery Diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Surgery and Recovery Diary

Postby torninhell » 14 Jul 2014, 06:41

Hi Powderblue,

My CRS didn't find any problems, except that I had small acute fissures. He sent me home and told me to take care of them more. Also to de-stress more, as that could be one of the reasons why I'm always clenching my anus or it could be why my anal resting pressure is so high. He prescribed me nothing.

Now I'm doing alright... very minimal tearing if ever. I broke up with my boyfriend for 3 years, our relationship was very much toxic to me and I think it was in large part why I always tore and was always so stressed. These days I'm okay, I still feel tight when I go and if my stool is dry or hard I tear... One thing I noticed though is I tend to have some anal leakage sometimes. I don't know why it happens or how, I'll have to ask my CRS next time I see him.
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby powderblue » 14 Jul 2014, 06:51

Do you know the length of the fissures?

What is your strategy now?

I hope you will get better soon.
powderblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby paine » 05 Mar 2016, 21:53

hi torn. am also from philippines and currently suffering. need your advise to what i should do.
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby torninhell » 06 Mar 2016, 17:56

paine wrote:hi torn. am also from philippines and currently suffering. need your advise to what i should do.

Hi Paine,

If you can manage to get to Medical City in Ortigas, they have a colorectal clinic that was instrumental to my healing. My doctor was Dr. Cajucom. You may benefit from getting in touch and getting a consultation.

What steps are you taking to alleviate your pain and to help your fissures heal?
torninhell
Salt Bather

Postby paine » 07 Mar 2016, 09:24

thanks for the reply torn. i have recurrent fissure since 2013 the last attack was about 4 weeks ago until now. prior to this i was using curiosin gel. now on this new episode i used it again but dont find comfort. i tried yesterday using vco and seemed to find a bit comfort. yes i go to colorectal clinic of medical city and my doc is ramy roxas. but so far for every appointment they say they just see small fissures that does not require surgery and just tell me to take dolcet for the pain anti histamine for the itch and apply calmoseptine or curiosin. i hope to see the end of this suffering. and oh i also get to have some seepage clear ones and no odor whenever the skin tag got inflammed. the first doc who checked me said i had fissure in 2013 said that its only by surgery that this thing will heal dr cathy from the same clinic but i was so coward about facing the operation that i tried everything to heal by myself. but now after all this time i guess im ready for it bec its recurring. :dunno:
paine
Salt Bather

Postby torninhell » 07 Mar 2016, 09:43

paine wrote:thanks for the reply torn. i have recurrent fissure since 2013 the last attack was about 4 weeks ago until now. prior to this i was using curiosin gel. now on this new episode i used it again but dont find comfort. i tried yesterday using vco and seemed to find a bit comfort. yes i go to colorectal clinic of medical city and my doc is ramy roxas. but so far for every appointment they say they just see small fissures that does not require surgery and just tell me to take dolcet for the pain anti histamine for the itch and apply calmoseptine or curiosin. i hope to see the end of this suffering. and oh i also get to have some seepage clear ones and no odor whenever the skin tag got inflammed. the first doc who checked me said i had fissure in 2013 said that its only by surgery that this thing will heal dr cathy from the same clinic but i was so coward about facing the operation that i tried everything to heal by myself. but now after all this time i guess im ready for it bec its recurring. :dunno:

My fissure happened late 2012 and became an extreme case (ongoing for over 3 months) by summer 2013. I was also prescribed Curiosin gel. It never gave me relief. VCO did give me great relief, especially with the itching.

I saw two doctors about my fissures, one general practitioner and finally Dr. Carlo Cajucom of the Colorectal clinic... Both recommended surgery, because my case was extreme. The cause of my fissures was an incredible increase in internal resting pressure, so they needed to relax my sphincter. They could not even inspect me during check up because the pain was so severe I screamed and cried every time they tried. I really suggest you try the surgery, since any other creams and options are not available in the PH.

Alternatively, I've had success with never having my fissures come back to the same degree by manually dilating my sphincter (with fingers and eventually a small butt plug). This may come as a shock and an OHNO to you, and sorry for the TMI, but these days I regularly engage in anal intercourse with my SO, which actually helps.

I hope you find relief soon... Make sure you take sitz baths twice daily (I used to do mine 30 mins each once after BM and once before bed), then apply VCO after... it helps. :) Another thing is try adding pinakuluang dahon ng bayabas... that helped me too. If you really still do not find relief, look into the surgery, or traveling out of the country to purchase the nitroglycerin cream or whatever they prescribe... Good luck!

PS
Make sure you adjust your diet... more fiber, tons and tons more water... if you haven't already. :)
torninhell
Salt Bather

Postby paine » 07 Mar 2016, 10:26

thanks torn. ill keep those things in mind. well i want to try dilation too. ill try when the pain is bearable already. im chickening out again with the surgery. oh gosh. my husband keep telling to go on with surgery bec he doesnt want seeing me this miserable
paine
Salt Bather