What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Dec 2007, 20:42

OK...OK..enough chit-chat without MOA : )))) !!!! I AM BACK !!!! It is 6 pm now. I went to the clinic around 12:45, to have some extra time before the "aliens abduct me" he he. But, I was booked immediately as I set down with my hubby and my older daughter in the lobby - so much to my surprise that when nurse called me I just jumped up and went without even saying anything to my lovies or even turning my head around ???!!!! I was like zombie : /. The whole time I was undressing I was thinking about them looking at my back, and that I didn't kiss them before going "in" and almost started to cry, but than nurses got hold of me and I had to concentrate on signing papers and answering questions, meeting my anesthesiologist, my "surgery" nurse and before I knew it I was rolled in the surgery room a lot ahead a schedule !!!! So, I was out at 2:08 pm in the recovery area! Everything went so fast, I couldn't believe it ! When surgeon got out to talk to my husband he thought that he came before surgery to ask something or just say hello and was shocked that his darling is actually already awake and waiting for him to take her home ! I know, I know, very boooooooooooring , you expected a racket from your Fiss ; ))), but honestly so far the worst thing was the ENEMA !!!! I thought that I would collapse of pain and burning that that idiotic saline was causing on my open wound and not to mention pushing the tip by open fissure, I cried and shacked on the floor and if cyanide was handy I don't guaranty that I wouldn't be tempted to take it and put myself of misery !!!!
Than I had to poop that SAME burning stuff out - my GOD, after that I took a nap just to calm down.
I just took my first Perkocet, or whatever, hope it wan't make me sick. My pain down there is very little and just started and I was advised to take it before it
becomes strong - than that way it is much better controlled. I had no trouble peeing, I don't know how my incision looks like and I will not look ; ) till tomorrow ! I will eat some chicken soup now, had jello and banana before and I think I will stick with it for today. My stomach is kind of making funny sounds
hope I won't get diarrhea or something - that would be a bummer after some peace and quiet !!!!!
Now, the next big step is of course having first BM (gulp.....), and I hope it won't happen till tomorrow @: / !!! Surgeon was very satisfied with his job - I hope I will be too ; ).
I will write to you guys tomorrow morning with new details - have to rest now.
Thank you Lecia for your prayers - they worked again !!!!! XOXOOOOOoooo
I will build you little shrine as soon as I "get going" !!!!
LU ALL, sorry for such blah letter - anesthesia and Perkocet took the best of me...I guess...????? :wood:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 20:57

I am so happy that it is over and our little Fissulyna will have to get herself a new name soon!

That is terrific! Now, don't go trying to overdo it-take it easy.

I am so glad to hear from you and will be anxious to hear how you do with the recovery.

Thanks for sharing your surgery story so far. It will help others who are considering this next step.

I bet you didn't even feel a thing during the surgery!

Love to you,

Lecia Bug :[[[:

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Dec 2007, 22:09

hey sweety !!!!!! How are you doing today ??? I just went to the bathroom - false alarm - just some gas - AND some leftover of that enema iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik !!!!! I had little bath and than couldn't but take a look - crazy, I know.... I couldn't see incision , must be pretty small, no bruising but anus is swollen all around and interestingly enough more on the opposite side of the incision ?!? Could it be that hemorrhoids swell ? I don't know how external hemies look like : (, maybe you can help me : (. What am I supposed to do now - is this kind of swelling normal after LIS ? Nothing hurts, just look weird....
No, I didn't feel a thing, ha ha, because I begged the guy in pre op consultations to knock me out and he was so nice to do that completely because others probably cursed him later since they than have to carry me from table to bed etc. ; ). But, hey, 116 pounds - they were lucky , right ; ))).
Now that you have wings my buggy - can you fly here so we can both lay belly down and watch TV ???
BTW, do you know how is BG doing ??????? I hope all is well with her too...
BIG HUG your Fiss Image :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Dec 2007, 07:12

Hey Fissy! You did it!!
You ROCK!!
Photobucket
II am so proud of you! Have you had a BM today? Are you peeing yet? Hows the soreness and that swelling you were talking about???
Sorry I missed you last night! But it seems like so far, so good!
Just get all the rest you can. Stay off that rear-end now and get plenty of fluids! Of course, you know all that, I'm jst here as your cheering section!
Rest rest rest!!!
And keep us informed!
Another fissure about to bite the dust!! Too cool! Image Image Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2007, 09:17

Hey Fiss,
I think swelling is very normal as a result to the trauma and I have heard that people can get swollen on the other side too or instead.

How is the pain today? I hope you are still plugging along!

BG wrote on another thread about her bad day that she had. Praying for both of you.

Yeah, this picture is how I lie on my bed with my computer to type to your guys when I really should be working!

Postby juney » 21 Dec 2007, 11:10

fissulyna - don't look at it! it will just scare you. after my first surgery i looked at it almost everyday trying to measure some sort of progress...not a good idea, i'd just get worked up and panicky. after my 2nd surgery i didn't look at it a single time until about 6 weeks out. i'm sure the swelling and bruising is normal, you just had surgery down there! just try to ignore your urges to look and get some rest :)
have you had your first BM yet?? that can be a little scary too but you'll get thru that and i'm sure you'll have smooth sailing thru the rest of recovery.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 21 Dec 2007, 12:02

glad to hear you are well Fiss.
I'm having a soup day too today.
It'll be smooth sailing for you from here on out.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 21 Dec 2007, 12:21

So good that your surgery went well, Fis
A new butt for the new year!
Its bound to be swollen, I haven't had surgery there(yet) but I've had it other places, and its always swollen for a while.
get better soon
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Dec 2007, 16:42

Hi buddies : ),
I am still "expecting" ; ) my first BM - it is 2:30 pm , still nothing and of course I am starting to wonder what is going on . I had some jello, 1 banana , 1 bowl of chicken soup and metamucil last night. So far just 2 Perkocets - can't believe they constipated me especially ME that goes 5 times a day to the bathroom. I got a LOT of gas though (???), I wonder if they put some gas in during exam like when they do colonoscopy (hmmmmm). I pee a lot because I drink gallons of tea and am now contemplating to take some MOM although they said to do that only if I do not poo for 2 days .
Swelling is less today, now only my two skin tags are "plump" but normal pink color. There is no bleeding from an incision, pain is almost none - my period cramps are making me crazy actually !!!! maybe it is good - to take my attention off my butt ; ). I am dreading that firs BM but also want to be DONE with it !!!!!
Do you have any suggestions - should I wait or take that MOM now ???
I am soooooo sorry that Buttgirl has problems : ((((, have to find that thread ASAP and write her!!!!
Thanks for being here with me although it is soo busy now before Holidays !!!
LU ALL Image Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby motherluch » 21 Dec 2007, 17:34

I would stay away from bananas...my Dr. told me to never eat them (along with a lot of other foods) as they are very constipating.
I think I would wait until tomorrow, and if you don't go by then, maybe take the MOM and see how you do.
It is so great that you are having minimal pain!! You did mention your skin tags though...didn't they remove them?? I am curious why they wouldn't?? Hang in there, seems like you are doing great!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25