What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2007, 18:17

When I had surgery this Summer I didn't go the following day so I think that is pretty normal. I like MOM but I am afraid to recommend it because the last two people I suggested it to had pretty bad diarrhea.

Are you able to sit and type on the computer?

You may not have enough in your system to poop out yet since you were pretty cleaned out yesterday. It must seem weird though not to go when you are used to going 5 times a day.

Glad to hear you are doing well the day after. Sounds like the pain is under control?

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Dec 2007, 21:02

I did it ..I did it ...I did it Image
I was in the middle of writing reply :09: when my hubby asked me why I don't try coffee !
"your doctor said you should go to your old diet anyway ; ) ", " and if nothing you will have your first coffee in 5 months finally"! "Oh, yeah, give me a coffee..." :snn: I had 3 sips and I swear - I felt my guts starting move down there. My family thought that I am joking but NO!
I ran upstairs with my coffee in hand, just in case and sure enough - I did IT !!!! I was prepared for torture of the century :pale: but was comforting myself that it can't be worse than that enema thing I survived yesterday Image . I was waiting for fissure pain ...NADA !!!
I waited for incision pain - small twinge Image of "something". I was sitting with my coffee and thought maybe I imagined anything coming out Image , so I looked down - yap, it was there, much smaller than I imagined , but still there ha ha. I knew that it must be more so I sipped some more coffee and of course , that was just a beginning !!! Again, no fissure pain , just mild discomfort all over. If fissure pain is 10 than this discomfort would be 1, and that enema was 20 !!!!!
Well, I guess, I will have different image of Starbucks from now on, ha h aha, just good laxative health food store Image
Anyways - sorry for going into so may details :oops: , I thought that it could be helpful for somebody in the future Image . The area is still little bit swollen, and it required some serous pushing, but since there was no pain I did push . I think that maybe it is even important to push and make that hole stretch so it will not heal tight - just my wild guess
I had a long soak afterwards, now I feel little bit of irritation in the skin - but it is negligible. WHY WAS I WAITING FOR 5 MONTS Image ?????!!!!!
Missed my 25th anniversary, my birthday, my husbands B-day, my BOTH daughter B-days,
all of the Holidays, - got neck and back problems, all in the name of not far@@ng publicly :cb: . Oh well....
I am not out of the bushes yet , of course, but just not having that excruciating pain whole day long down there at least for a day is a blessing.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Dec 2007, 21:08

I discovered that one can "use up " all of the space in a single post - so this is extension of the upper thing ; ))) !
I just wanted to add that
I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby happyass » 21 Dec 2007, 22:51

fissy,
congrats on coming thru and keeping us posted.
i am so relieved that you had a very good BM experience and that you are feeling much better.
i will hope the best to come and that you will definitely have a wonderful new ass in 08!!!!! you deserve it.
big hugs and happy holidays,
gareth
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Dec 2007, 23:08

thank you gareth : ))) ! It looks that I had to hit rock bottom and some more to finally start swimming up for air !
It would be much, much harder without you and other buddies on this board xoxo
I will never forget that and I will definitely stick around !
I wish you, your partner and all of your cute animal friends the best in the New 2008 !!!
Have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and may your bum stay happy forever : ))))
bear hug to you too !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 12:13

Isn't that nice to have that BM out of the way? You know what kind of pain/discomfort you have to deal with and it sounds much better than what you had before. That is tremendous!

What a surgery! To feel even better after then you did before when you are just in the healing up stages.

What a Christmas present!

Postby val » 22 Dec 2007, 12:23

I'm so, so pleased for you Fiss, you must feel wonderful. And you can look forward to a pain-free Christmas and New Year! Thats such wonderful news,
good for you on being brave enough to have it done!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 14:11

yayyyyyyyyy Fiss,
I'm so glad you came through it all ok. You must be feeling on top of the world to have a pain free butt!
Take it easy and look after yourself xx

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 16:00

So, what's new with you Helen?

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Dec 2007, 17:32

Thank you girls for being happy for me : ))), and for all encouragement that you gave me through the very rough time and for continuous support still XXOOOooo!
I will have to go now through process of healing, and will probably have still ups and downs , if I learned anything having fissures it is that one never knows when they can give you days of peace and days of hell. I will not conceder myself healed until I have normal BM pattern, "look normal there", and have no discomfort. Maybe that is utopia , but one must have hope ; ).
VAL, dear, heh heh, I don't think I was brave ; ), I was desperate - one last try to fix that damn thing ; ) !
HELEN, I have pain free BMs, and no spasms after, but there is some burning prickling sensation in the skin all around and one of the skin tags is still like tiny balloon. Second one "deflated" today after my morning BM and I suspect that both of them were filled with blood and because of that were like bubbles. This morning I had some bleeding from the wound during BM for the first time and after that one tag shrank !!! So , that is how I came to my theory about them being "bubbly" due to blood pooling into them. I hope that the remaining one will drain by itself - I would hate them poking me down there again #%&^%^$#@! So, I didn't call anybody yet .
I also feel like my but is "asking" for some kind of ointment but am afraid to use anything because of the wound since it has to stay "dry". Also, some anti-inflammatory would be good - and I can't take any Ibuprofen and such because my stomach and guts can't take it.
All in all- ha ha, I am still not on the top of the world - but climbing slowly , hopefully not "like Sisiphus " ; ))) !!!
I have no fissure pain and no spasms and I try to concentrate on that to stay positive ; ).
LECIA, thank you again for all of your support and advices : ) XOXO. Yes, I feel better that before surgery, but long road of recovery is still ahead. I have to take it easy still, no "shopping" trips for me yet ; ))))) !!!!! Maybe in 2008 ?!?
I have my first checkup a MONTH from now - so some tremendous improvement is not expected till than. I wish Kim and Cherill are around now that I need some post op comparation of the symptoms, maybe Juney will write...
WISHING YOU ALL GREAT HOLIDAYS AND ALL OF THE WISHES COMING TRUE IN 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Fissulyna
VIP