What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Dec 2007, 19:28

Fissy, but how is your fissure pain since the surgery? Doesn't that living hell seem to be near it's end?
But yep! Better to get mad than sad!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Dec 2007, 19:43

Hey Buddy : ))), nice to hear from you !!! My Fissure pain is completely gone and I can feel some little tiny pain where my incision was just before "evacuation" of BM. Have no other discomfort regarding LIS - no feeling that "something is "up my butt", no problem with continence, no pain whatsoever ! Yes, my dear friend, you probably are trying to make me concentrate on positive side of my procedure , and I do - that is my only comfort. It is only that it makes me sad and mad (depending of a day) that I have to deal with NEW problem which is not painful so much but believe me, after 5 months of agonizing pain, even burning and little soreness easily makes you want to scream : (.
Imagine me not having this new thing - I would be completely free !!!!!! Oh why it had to happen : (((((( ???
But, regardless of what happened to me, I think that LIS is the ultimate and permanent solution for fissures and I wish I did it earlier , maybe I would be in better shape to deal with hemmy now if that happened at all.
This crap does not hurt that much but it makes you uncomfortable to sit or walk , not to mention sex - I am definitely growing new hymen - THATS FOR SURE !!!!!
Love you buddy, tanks for asking XOXOOOO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Dec 2007, 19:46

You're welcome! I'm just happy you got the agony out of the way! I'm really happy for you and Patty!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Dec 2007, 19:53

He he, the BIG agony is gone, but small came as a thief in a night and robbed me of burn free butt (grrrrrrrr...) And to think that main drawback of trying Botox was possibility of developing trombosed hemorrhoids Image ???!!!
Oh well... :flush:
Last edited by Anonymous on 27 Dec 2007, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 27 Dec 2007, 19:59

I can't really feel mine in the morning but then I get up and go and then it just hangs out for the rest of the day. It feels so unnatural and dirty. I can't stand it. But I have had bigger so I shouldn't complain. LIke I said I had one bigger than a quarter that had to be removed. They did a local in the office and just sliced it off. I didn't feel anything when they did that but once the block wore off I was really nauseous with pain and still had a two hour drive to get back home. I popped some percocet but man it was took 2 weeks to get over that pain and then I had a rough bm and created a fissure on the wound.

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Dec 2007, 20:14

SAME HERE !!!! When I wake up there is no burning, no discomfort ! Even when I look in the mirror it is almost gone ! Than first poop 10 min later - it is out in full glory ! Gross... Than I "the queen of regularity " have to go one more time in the afternoon - and the thing is than even bigger !!!! Just to upset me before I go to bed : ( . Every night I try different cream in hope that it will help - but NADA . The "IT" is still there making me wear pads because it is oozing some pinky stuff all day .
You know what, I don't know what other solution we have than to remove the darn thing if it does not go away ??? I will give mine 2 weeks , I am serious, than will ask them to remove it any way they know. Just outside or whole vain , or whatever ... Goodness gracious , AND I will ask for it to be done from "their pocket" because they caused it !!!!
By the way Leci - is it better to stay off the butt (walk) or be still with those buggers ??? Would tucks help at all? Did warm baths help you with those? Did you use any cream that helped at all???
Thanks a lot in advance !!! XOXOO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 27 Dec 2007, 21:27

I think warm baths helped me a lot but I took so many I now have macerations on my perinium so I have had to skip baths. I have been trying different creams too: aloe vera, diltiazem and analpram (hydrocortisone & praxomine) but I can't really single one out as helping. I think an astrigent could help like Tucks. My doctor told me to get some Domboro bath packets which has an astrigent in there and take a bath in it but I have washed away so much of the natural skin protectant near my vagina that it has been burning.

I seriously feel like cutting this off myself. I have asked 5 times to have it removed and kept talking myself out of it because the CRS would remind me of how awful I felt from the fissure which could happen if they take it off and I get a non-healing wound.

I have been staying off my feet. When I get up it just falls out more. Maybe I could try hanging upside down. What bugs me is when I go to the CRS they have me assume the position but then tilt me so my but is higher than my head. Everything kind of goes back in in that position. I want them next time to look at it from a normal neutral position.

I just want to get my surgery over with. Waiting a month and then having to heal for 2 months. Good grief. If I figure out anything else to help I will certainly pass it on. In the past, these have receeded quite a bit on their own but it took months. But I always seem to have the worse case scenario so do not despair. Yours is due to surgery and general swelling in the area so it will get better quicker I bet.

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Dec 2007, 00:27

Thanks Lecia XOXO !!! I will try Tucks tonight too. I don't know how my hemmy compares to "natural" hemmy, and that
is exact question that I will ask tomorrow my CRS. I was trying whole day to find that info on the net without success. I have one more question for you - did you have any blood coming out of your external hemmies? Or any other kind of discharge ? Also, isn't it strange how they move in and out together with anus - I mean the site of that "changing landscape" is frustrating by itself. Thank you for telling me that because I was starting to worry that they screwed up my perianal
muscles or something. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish, and he was voted to be best CRS in this WHOLE area in the local newspaper , even one of the best in USA. Oh well...
So, what do you plan to operate in a month? That one remaining tag/hemmy + inside vain that is feeding it ? Why do you think you will need 2 months to heal sweety ? Did they tell you that? You know, I can understand you being inpatient for that to happen anyway - I mean I just came out of operating room and am ready to go again if needed just to start the path of healing .
It looks that after all of this, you and me will be able to write a book about colorectal procedures , standard and alternative ones, ha ha, jeeeeeez, don't know should I cry or should I laugh !!!???
Talk to you tomorrow : ) !!!!! XOXOOOOOOooooo.... :teddyluv:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 28 Dec 2007, 09:50

Hi Fiss,

Yes, when mine burst I had blood and discharge. Actually that is a good sign which means that is is purging the clot so it will heal faster and it won't need to be excised or have to take the long process of absorbing which can take 4-6 weeks.

I am planning on having a hemorrhoidectomy next month at least on one hemorrhoidal column. I get recurrent clots on that side since I was pregnant. It is considered to be one of the most painful surgeries but I figure I have pain now so if it helps me to heal and not get these setbacks I will do it. Doctors will say the recovery is 2-4 weeks but from what I have read on the web it is more like 2 months. I am trying not to take too many meds now so that when I need them they work better. I think also because I have pudendal neuropathy once the nerves get stirred up they just want to keep firing.

Postby Guest » 28 Dec 2007, 09:52

BTW, how did the Tucks work? I think it has witch hazel in it as an astrigent. I might try that too. I put some hcl cream on this morning and it just made it burn so guess that isn't going to work.

I put diltiazem on last night and it made it bigger. I think it relaxed the muscles too much. I wonder if kegel exercises would be helpful?