What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Postby Guest » 30 Dec 2007, 19:18

Hey Fissy,

Wow-so glad the chamomile and the white oak tincture is helping. I will have to try that. I'll see if I can find some of the tincture on line.

That link was so awesome!!! I really needed to read that. Thank you for posting that!

I am doing better today. One of the clots burst and bleed this morning so I think it reduced it a bit. One of my friends is coming to stay with me later this week and she can take me to Atlanta.

My internet access has been spotty which bums me out because when I am by myself I can at least hang out here. I am going to go make some more "french fries" for the CRS tonight!!!

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Dec 2007, 00:07

Ahoy Bebe : ))))) !
So happy to hear that you are feeling better today Image ! Good that one of the hemmies popped Image , and how awesome that your friend will give you ride, bless her heart Image ! I am sure that you two will have some fun too and at the same time get needed check-up earlier : )) !
Glad that you found my link interesting : ), it is great what we can find on the net. Can't imagine how poor people lived before without all of those info., and had to rely on what one or two persons said : (. You know, I think that the internet will eventually make health care much MUCH better. There are already websites for "rating doctors" , heh heh, that will make them behave ; ).
Regarding my concoction ; ), I think you can try just chamomile tea - to be honest, I think that it is main ingredient . You might try putting the tea in the fridge so compresses would give you cooling effect. I use room temperature.
And be careful not to mix fries ha ha ha, although I don't think we are served anything more hygienic in any fast food establishment Image
Have a nice night and sleep tight sweetey :sleep: Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Dec 2007, 08:45

Hi Lecia!
I am so glad to hear you are better, at least a little! I sure get upset when I know you are doing so poorly! I have been out of touch and not near a computer this weekend, so I haven't been able to chime in, but I hope that maybe the popping thrombosed thingy is a good sign!
Are you taking your advil? Maybe you should take it ahead of the pain to keep it from getting so bad!
You're a great pal and I hope you and yours have a Happy New Year and that 2008 is YOUR year to finally heal! I'll be praying for you, buddy!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 31 Dec 2007, 10:17

Thanks guys! I have an appointment on Wednesday so hopefully I can get the surgery scheduled then. My peroid is due this weekend. Fiss, didn't you say that you had yours when you got your surgery? I don't want to put it off because of this but I will ask the doctor to see what she says.

I don't have any chamomile tea in the house and driving is hard. Maybe I can send my friend out to get some!

I looked up my doctor on line just to make sure she didn't have any complaints against her. She seems pretty clean. She graduated from Yale and did her residency at Cleveland Clinic. She is younger than the other doctors there but she is accessible. Many times I can see her the same day. Maybe that means no one wants to see her???

Hope you guys have a great new year too!

Postby Guest » 31 Dec 2007, 11:48

aww fiss, sorry to hear you've got a thrombosed hemmie Image
what have we all done to deserve this? we seem to have one thing after another with our butts Image
Lecia, sorry to hear you've been in pain again too, hope you got something scheduled at your appointment Image
We've been away for a few days and my butt has been really painful. We're home now and hopefully routine will help again.
My appointment is now 11th Feb, I had to reschedule as I start work in a school on Thursday. My Dr has given me double the dose of diclofenac I had before to get me to Feb, and will see where to go from there. I couldn't turn the job down, it just came up at the wrong time but I took it and will see how it goes :shock: I haven't worked for 8 years since I had my daughter so it will be a shock to the system Image
Happy New Year to you all, lets hope 2008 brings us some relief from these problems.
Thank You so much for your support this year, you guys are the best Image

Postby Guest » 31 Dec 2007, 13:48

Thanks for checking in Helen. I am sorry you are having some painful days. Congratulations on the job. I know it must be nervewracking trying to figure out how to manage the pain and work and take care of your little girl though but I know you will be great at it.

Happy New Year to you!

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Dec 2007, 15:04

Hi everybody !!! Happy New Year to all, and may 2008 be filled with miracles reserved especially for our butts - we have been waiting so patiently for so long :(9: !!!!!!
Yes Helen, no end to our plight : ( it seems Image , but we must have hope , what can I say . Good luck on your new job !!! I am sure you will do great !!! : )))
:((=:
Lecia, I hope you will get your app. same week !!! Yes, I had my period during LIS . Doctor said it is no problem and I didn't want to reschedule ; ), just make sure you don't use tampon. It is little bit inconvenient regarding sitz baths, but, nothing could faze me in my "mission". Good that you checked your doc. - you know , she is available because she is young and is just establishing her reputation and that can be a very good thing. Sometimes young doctors are better because they are at the edge of new technology and procedures and are trying very hard to prove themselves. You see what happened to me - I went "for experience" despite my gut feeling, and here I am : (. So, if she looks competent to you at the first app. , self assured and gentle at the same time - you are in a good hands. Not to mention Yale - hey - she was a book worm since she saw a light of a day ; ))) !!!
I have my app. Thursday with other CRS - one from SF, one that is hour away - well , sometimes it is worth "going the distance" ! Hope you are doing well today too Image
KIM - nice to see you "on the board" , who knows where you have been ; ) with that "fountain of youth " of yours ; ) ?!?
BIG HUG TO ALL and one more time HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Jan 2008, 10:23

That sounds like very good advice, Fissy, about experieneced Vs. inexperienced(younger) doctors...

Yes, I haven't been able to log on at all here lately, but then it's kind of hard to do when you've been on the road for several days! I hope I finally can get back into my routine again and maybe even get some rest!

It's so cool to get to see your photo, Fissy! Now is that really you or did you cut that photo out of a supermodel magazine??? (he he!) Gareth always said that fissure people are beautiful people, and it looks like he is right!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 01 Jan 2008, 14:46

When I had that hemmie/inflammation flae in October and felt like I was giving birth to y rectum, here's what worked for me:
-OD on Rutin. I took 6000mg/day, which I found out later is the recommended dose for flare ups. It is the ONLY bioflavinoid that had any effect on my rear. It worked in 1/2 for me
-OD on arnica. It really helped the burning sore bruised feeling. I could tell it worked within the hour.
-recenlty I found EMU OIL to help with the inflammation. i have always found lpe to be irritating, but emu oil is really soothing. The last thing I want to do is irritate the irritated tissue. I apply it cold because it turns into a lotion when cold. when warm it is an oil.
--currently I am trying NAG glucosamine. The NAG versionn is the chemiccal precursor to intestinal mucous, which is necessary to curb inflammation. Also Hyaluronic acid is another precursor. I am using both and my poos seem to be smoother.
When I had the inflammation, everything irritated my bum. nitro and nifedipine seemed to make it worse. Cutting out all acidy food and spicy food helped--no citrus, no wine, no salsa--only cooked, soft, oily foods. I don't know if this will help you, but I found it to be the best solution for my problem.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 01 Jan 2008, 14:52

Thanks for the recs there BG. I was wondering about the arnica. Do you apply it topically?

I have been uping the rutin too. I have an appointment tomorrow to see what my butt is doing and to schedule surgery hopefully. (I guess) I think I have to more thrombosed areas and it is time to just cut the thing out.

Yeah, Fiss, :yogogirl: ! Love your photo and dress. Was that what you wore for New Years? You are so pretty!!!!