What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: What to do and not to do after surgery ???

Postby val » 25 Dec 2007, 11:35

Fis, have you tried applying ice after bm when its burning?
I have ice cubes in tiny thin sandwich bags in the freezer and then wrap one in TP and put it there until its numb!
It might help! When I first had my fissure in the summer, the pain was so bad, I nearly passed out every time I had to go to the bathroom, but this really helped. Also, after surgery, they tell us to use ice because it helps take swelling down.
Just a thought!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Dec 2007, 18:02

Thank you dear Val XOXO !!!
I was thinking of doing that myself but they insist on warm baths to promote circulation that is suppose to remove junk that is collecting. I am following their advice only that they can't blame me for their possible screw-up. I will go to them tomorrow and they better show up or they will be having me knocking on their front door with my pants down to my knees !!! I had enough of this already ! Holidays are over and I don't want any more advices over the phone !!!!
HUG and kisses
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 26 Dec 2007, 17:48

Fis,
How are yah doing today?? Still no pain? Lis will be my next step after Botox. You are an inspiration. I go to my CRS tomorrow the 27th. Girl I read the posts. I am glad you are feeling better!! Keep us updated.
Take Care,
Patty

Postby happyass » 26 Dec 2007, 20:55

that was a very touching purple mushroom story!
hehehehehe.........
fissy, the holidays are quite not over yet........a few more days.....
hang in there......
burnbutgrl, i love your kitty! just tooooo adorable!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Dec 2007, 23:35

Hey buddies :) ! Just quick butt update.
Today I insisted of being seen and girl doctor came to the office which made my day since she is so nice and gentle and never rush me Image . I explained all and draw some pictures for her and than she said : " It might be nothing but good that you came because it is alway better to check, it could turn to be something and we don't want to miss that" . Well - how refreshing to hear that from a doctor Image .
She looked at my behind and now we all know what the swelling was, how it probably started and what is causing my burning Image . I had thrombosed outside hemorrhoid, that
opened by itself under too much pressure and now is leaking small amount of lymph mixed with blood that irritates my skin (burning feeling). Since it is little inflamed as all h. are it
is still little swollen and will subside in a week or so. Little hole through which it is draining will close by itself .
HOW I GOT IT - surgeon probably hit the vain during local anesthesia administration and caused it to leak blood and get inflamed Image
Anyway, if it did not happen I would be now dancing in a some club Image since my fiss. pain is gone and incision is completely healed (knock the wood - mashalaaaaa). Oh well, now, any suggestion how to speed up healing process of outside hemorrhoid ?
Warm baths are supposedly good - but they do not feel good - I get more burning so I will listen to my body and not stay submerged for long. Vaseline help by keeping rest of the skin away from irritating discharge , but my girl CRS does not like the idea since she thinks that skin should "breathe".
So, I am kind of pissed off at my original surgeon since he didn't suggested checking me out ad said that I am doing "oh so great" Image , and that he hit my vein. On the other side he did excelant job doing LIS , so I will forgive him Image , if one takes in concederation all of what could go wrong. BUT, I will never forgive him for not offering to see what is swollen Image .
I made post op appointment with my girl doctor :!:
GIRLS RULE - BOYS ....oh well SOME BOYS DROOL Image Image Image
LOVE YOU ALL Image Image Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby happyass » 27 Dec 2007, 00:09

yes girls rule always......
never doubt that. that's why everyone needs to vote for hillary! hehehehehe...
since it is a hemmy, i would suggest to use VICKS Vapor Rub. just a light application around your oustide hemmy and in a minute or two, you get soothing relief.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 27 Dec 2007, 10:31

I read an journal article that shows evidence that nefidipine or diltiazem has been shown useful on thrombosed external hemmies. I am using it now on the painful skintag and it seems to be helping.

I was told by a CRS that taking ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatories can help the swelling to subside though I know that you can't take that.

I think it should subside pretty quickly since it is draining on its own. I have had doctors give me a RX for lidocaine in the past. It didn't help me a whole lot but it might be worth a shot.

There are a few vein strength supplements that are supposed to be good for hemmies too but you know I have been on them for years and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. But Rutin and bioflavanoids, Dosimin, Hespedrin and recently added nattokinase helps capillary strength and blood clots.

There is a Chinese herb complex that I am taking to help with hemmies too.

I know how much of a pain it can be. Especially when you clear one hurdle only to be met with another. Hang in there.

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Dec 2007, 15:56

Thanks Lecia and Gareth <3 !!!
I will try everything , it does not look nice : ( - actually it looks more irritated today than it was yesterday. It inverted itself overnight -went inside the anus , than was pushed out after my BM . I suspect it "going in" slowed circulation, or something. It is still hard when I touch it : (, so even though it is draining the pressure is not subsiding and it can't help with anus getting back to normal. I am sure it can't be good for fissure either : (.
Yes my dear Lecia, it is so frustrating going in circles : ((((. I will give chance to this "thing" to behave for 1 more week , if not, I will go to see my CRS from SF to ask for second opinion. I don't know - maybe I should actually go and see "boy doctor"who did this , just to see his face $^&&%$#@! Maybe that way he would be more careful with next patient and I might save someone from this happening to another person ?!?
Did you ever had external hemmie ?
One MAD Fissy @: #
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 27 Dec 2007, 17:38

Oh, yeah. In fact, that is how I got here. I had an exteral hemorrhoid bigger than the size of a quarter taken off last Christmas and I got my fissure from that. That is how I found the board because I was going through the long healing process of the fissure.

I got one at the end of the Summer that took 6 weeks to get over and it left behind this skin tag that is all puffed out now. They keep saying it is a skin tag but it feels like a hemorrhoid. Whatever they want to call it it is causing pain. Because I keep getting these external thromboses they want to return the internals that feed the externals to keep that from happening over and over. I think at this point we are just going to remove one so it isn't as arduous as a recovery.

I know how you feel. It is rather distressing to have this swelling down there. It feels so yucky and painful like your butt is falling out. But it does get better. It may take awhile for the swelling to go all the way down though. Once it stops swelling and you have a skin tag I find that aloe vera seems to help it shrink and reduce. I tried putting hydrocortisone on it but I can't tell if that helps or irritates it.

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Dec 2007, 18:28

Well my butt Sis, what can I say - who can understand me more now than you XOXO !!!! It is absolutely as you said - feels yucky and looks like butt is falling out !!!!!! Mine changes size from pea size before BM to big bean size after bm. Sometimes it is all out - I can actually see little hole where it is draining, and sometimes it goes completely IN the butt - sooooooooo viered , I have an urge to cut it off. How did they cut it off ? Is is usual to get fissure after that procedure or you had "my luck" ? I asked CRS yesterday if this little hole could turn into fissure and she said that it shouldn't because this is external, but as if I knew your story - I was worried still.
Oh well - what a heck, somebody is bored "up there" and is just testing how much more pain we can take , I guess. So be it , what a (blank) !!!

I am so mad today - I guess it is better than being sad - shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish !!!!!
So, basically
I will possibly have to deal with this crap for 6 weeks !!!!! Oh glory !!!!!!
I am going to go nuts - that is for sure ! If you hear about mysterious vandal who draws giant bleeding anus graphites on all billboards - you will know it is me ; ).
LU Lecia, this sucks big deal !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP