Botox Hem Diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox Hem Diary

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 May 2013, 10:30

Thanks JHH, you too. Get the Botox soon if the pain continues, you may catch it in time before it gets too chronic like mine. Ugh Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby JHH » 21 May 2013, 12:26

Thanks.
Think its already too late. Im 4 months in now...
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Ever the Optimist » 21 May 2013, 15:25

Hang in there Rachael! Image
It's still early days for you (6 weeks after Botox?) in dealing with this - Definitely use the Recto, hopefully that will supply with you with more arsenal to fight that fissure....My CRS advised me that if anything ever gets worse, grab the cream because that will further assist the healing, so it could be a precautionary thing going on with you rather than a losing battle as such. You possibly have not necessarily retorn but more likely aggravated the area, hence the return of some discomfort and pain. Up until that point, I'd say you were doing pretty brilliantly and everything was looking very good for you.......
Don't forget it is a roller-coaster ride and you have had enough good days now to start that HOPE process - your setback may be more minor than you think and the area already healing better than you think too - so stay strong and try to remain positive!!
You will only really know for sure when you go back for your next appointment and get it all checked out again.
JHH - Stay strong too.....I went for months and then suffered a setback for two or three days but things got better. A week after that I was confirmed 100% healed....
So, even if you are close to or healed, a bad day may aggravate again for a while but it really doesn't always mean anything too major. It's just a warning to remind you that the area is still delicate, so just keep up all the good work you've been doing.....
I just want to add that that "slight irritation and weird sensations afterwards" feeling + the pressure thing also were pretty much the same symptoms I also experienced in my healing process, but they passed after a few weeks. I see it as part of the recovery now and don't forget, it's not just the fissure you're dealing with but possibly scar tissue formation (sign of healing!) and maybe a Sentinel pile too causing some irritation.....
Stay strong!!! This can be beaten!....Try not to dwell on it too much ( I know, easier said than done) but shifting focus can really help a lot.
Keep updating, and fingers tightly crossed for you, and oh, just some reassurance from a very old and wise GP I saw last week.....He said to me, "Oh, I see you've just healed from an anal fissure. Great news.... I bet no one ever told you how long it takes to recover from one of these did they??"
So, there you go - Kind of summed it all up for me.
It does take a long time for complete healing and we all know there's ups and downs on the way, but you will get there in the end - Just keep believing it. Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Rachael 1984 » 27 May 2013, 06:24

Day 52....
Thankyou so much ETO, your kind words always make me feel better!! Since the re-tear i have had some improvement again. Saturday and yesterday were good days.... There is still some pain on BM, almost like it is scratched back there.A little irritation today. Maybe the Botox is still active!!?? God i don't know anymore! Will speak to the CRS on the 10th June, and see if i can get more Botox, or see what he suggests.I will hang on in there... there will be an end to this. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Asore Arse » 27 May 2013, 14:36

Hi Rachael
Good to hear you've had a few good days since your set back. I'm nearly a week since botox. Bm's have been comfortable after the first few days. I was told to use the recto still so I am, and coconut oil too (I apply this first then it's easier to apply the recto). I can still feel soreness but it's v early days for me..... I am noticing it's hard to control wind though! Yikes! At least it's just wind though! Fingers crossed you have continued good days.
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Asore Arse » 27 May 2013, 14:38

Hi Rachael
Good to hear you've had a few good days since your set back. I'm nearly a week since botox. Bm's have been comfortable after the first few days. I was told to use the recto still so I am, and coconut oil too (I apply this first then it's easier to apply the recto). I can still feel soreness but it's v early days for me..... I am noticing it's hard to control wind though! Yikes! At least it's just wind though! Fingers crossed you have continued good days.
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 29 May 2013, 04:13

Thanks AA. Doing okay today, i seem to be doing okay on BM, just irritation and uncomfortable again afterwards. I have tried to apply the Rectogesic, but 7'0 clock monster is quite sore, and i am scared i am doing more damage....I have bathed in coconut oil, this really helps. I need to order some more form Amazon.... I had the wind issues too, i felt as if i was going to poop myself on numerous occasions!! Image This has eased now because i think the Botox is wearing off. Image Keep going we will get through this hell... Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Asore Arse » 29 May 2013, 11:24

Hi Rachael
I find it best to take a bit of coconut oil and apply it directly to anus. Once you hold it in your hand it kindda starts to 'melt', so you have to be quick. I do it after bathing and before recto, it makes applying recto much easier. I put the coconut oil on my anus (sorry I know too graphic but needs must!). I hold it there you dont need to push your finger in (like recto), but push just a little near the opening nd then i find my anus kinda sucks it in. It really makes it all slippery and o then when I push my recto laden finger inside it's really easy- hope that helps you!!
I am doing well today, feel on track for getting better. I am trying not to do much sitting down, I've given myself time off work and doing gentle things like cooking and pottering about the house, and a daily walk to get the blood flowing. I want to get back to swimming, but scared about doing anything too vigorous!? AA
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 May 2013, 11:28

Asore Ass,
Great tip for applying the Recto.......that's exactly how I apply my Coconut Oil normally too! It's fab stuff......
Hope you are both continuing well in your healing, wind issues & all!! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby PIA » 31 May 2013, 08:20

Just popping in to send some healing wishes for you Rachael. Image
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4