Botox Hem Diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox Hem Diary

Postby JHH » 07 Jun 2013, 05:31

Hi Rachael. I think that sound as a smart decision. I do hope you are healing and don't need either botox or LIS. I'm crossing my fingers for you!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 07 Jun 2013, 07:26

I really hope you are healing Rachael, and don't need any more Botox or lis.
Fingers crossed its good news for you Hun
Xxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 07 Jun 2013, 13:13

Sounds great Rachael!, Image
Don't stress too much on any tingling, twinging or discomfort with a BM still. It can all still take weeks to finally feel "healed" and even when you are healed, you still get some weird sensations and twinges from time to time thanks to any scar tissue, piles, still lurking around!
The main thing is you are getting good days now and nothing like the intensity of pain you had before....that's pretty good going!! I completely don't blame you for considering another round of botox to assist the healing further - totally sensible in my opinion and I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you big time that you get nothing but excellent feedback from your CRS on Monday....Don't be disappointed at all if you find you are "semi/ half-healed" or "not quite there" - the main thing is that if you hear these words, you ARE healing and with a continuing sensible, practical & more than ever determined approach, you WILL get there!!!! Keep kicking!!! Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby suzyljank » 07 Jun 2013, 13:53

Hi sorry you're experiencing pain again. If botox didn't give you incontinence the LIS surgery shouldn't, the cut is very conservative and unlike botox, LIS should give you permanent relief. Some people will have a little gas incontinence for a short time but after you heal you muscle gets back to about 80% of what you started with. Wishing you all the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Rachael 1984 » 10 Jun 2013, 09:34

Hello everyone, Image so much for your kind words and support, i don't know what i would do without this forum...
Week 10 update. I have seen the CRS today. Good news, i have significant healing.CRS looked up there with a telescope. No Hems there!! and the one Fissure is healed and the other is nearly there. Image I explained that i had a setback and the CRS said had i done anything different prior to the re-tear. I couldn't really pinpoint anything, so maybe it was a minor setback........I have told him about the diet and the regime i am sticking to, he has told me to stick to this, which obviously i will do. He wants to do an MRI scan just to check there is nothing else going on.... i was a bit worried when he said this, but it is best to check. He did say that the Fissure at 7'0clock is complicated, so this will take longer to heal. I will see him again after the MRI and hopefully all will still be well. I have explained also that i feel like there is pressure back there. CRS said that this could be spasms and that IBS can contribute to this too. Please god let me heal fully and this will all end.... Image No mention of more Botox or LIS yet.
Suzy, how are you doing now?
ETO you were spot on...
OMB, 3 days to go....
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby owmybum » 10 Jun 2013, 11:37

Rachael..... That's such good news.... I bet that has really spurred you on to hear that things are healing.
I'm so pleased for you!!
No mention of any further procedures is a good thing! Coz you won't need them!!!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby JHH » 10 Jun 2013, 12:39

Thats excellent news! Congrats Image
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Jun 2013, 14:31

Hey Rachael!!
Fab news!!!Image
Your healing is fantastic....No hems....One fissure healed...Wow! You're not too far off I can feel it in my bones!!!........
Don't worry about the MRI scan - If anything it's good because it'll just put your mind further at rest and hopefully, just confirm you don't have anything to worry about.... :D
Just relax now to the best of your ability and let your body heal up completely. Honestly, if you can truthfully say you have soft BM's with no straining at all, that's key, and you'll get there. Even though healed now, I can honestly say that I have not strained the tiniest bit in the last few weeks and the effect that has on healing is amazing. I'm nearly at the stage now where I can say my bottom feels almost normal again!! scar tissue and all!....
From reading some of your posts to seeing where you are now, you are healing incredibly well, so if you can relax in yourself and just convince yourself you're almost there, you will be sooner than you think!...Don't stress on any "bad" days or increased sensations - remember all part of the ride...Don't forget all the huge highs and lows fall at the start and middle of a rollercoaster and get smaller and less intense as you get towards the end!........
Keep updating right to the end! Can't wait to see your "smily face" avatar when you get out that carriage!!!!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Rachael 1984 » 12 Jun 2013, 01:00

Update.. No real pain on BM. Some slight irritation afterwards. Bath takes care of this. Yesterday I had 2 BM's which is unlike me! The second one still was painless, but afterwards there was weird sensations around the fissure sites. It is almost like a throbbing sensation, like the Botox is moving around?! Weird. Today hopefully will be a good day again... Image
Thank you so much everyone, you keep me going and give me hope through this roller coaster ride. Hopefully I can take the bag off my head soon... Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Jun 2013, 02:35

Bad afternoon yesterday.... The monster at 7'oclock is playing me again. I know it isn't healed, but it just keeps on tearing. Had a second BM, and this is when the tearing pain has started again.Used the Nitro to ease the pain.Seems to have settled a little today.I have had a look back there, it's like a new cut, sore,stingy and annoying!!!! AGH. I know the feedback from the CRS was good and i am healing, i just feel a bit down again today.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984