Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

Postby patience_and_healing » 08 May 2017, 16:46

Hey mamafizz, I can't say I have seen any improvement because I'm very inconsistent with the exercises. I'm going to make a to-do list of things that I need to do every evening so I can be consistent with it. My PT said it would help relax the rectum. I also keep up with the vaginal dilator exercises that target trigger points in the pelvic region.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 May 2017, 16:57

Ugh awful day. Horrendous cramps from ibs and still major soreness and spasms. Called the surgeons office to let them know things were going poorly pain wise.

If I'm active during the day, my ibs is much improved. But I'm back at the point where I can't be active due to the butt pain, so the ibs rears it's head. And it's not just mild discomfort - after having a smoothie and some crackers I had full blown cramps that had me on the bathroom floor - pain from chest down to lower abdomen. Took a hefty dose of pepto and gas x and feeling a slight improvement - nothing left to do now except lie on my stomach with a heating pad.

And I now have severe discolouration and blisters on my stomach from the combo of Epsom salt baths and heating pad...it looks and feels awful but the heat is the only thing that helps.

I'm so so frustrated and tired. I can't stop horrible thoughts coming into my head when things are this bad! I try and talk with friends and family but i only end up feeling jealous and resentful that they can all have normal lives and I can't stand for more than 10 min and am in constant pain from one thing or another. Then I just feel guilty for being jealous.

I'm just not feeling good at all. I'm 25 and wasting my life away with this. Slight improvements are not enough anymore. I can't even live on my own because I can't take care of myself - I can't grocery shop or get to appointments or do laundry or anything. I've always been very independent and this life isn't worth it for me.

I hate to be so dramatic but I'm just in so much pain and discomfort, and so disappointed that things seem to now be getting worse.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby mamafizz » 08 May 2017, 17:49

You have a long life ahead and this pain will end ---its an endurance test and you will beat this... it is benign, and happens to be a painful area. Mine is only healed since january and those hems were inflamed through feb with all f the bathroom trips. Now 2.5 months later I am driving, going out to eat, going to cinema, shopping, I was on TV on a national tv show last week. Yep still sore and achy but I could not have done that a month ago. And no pain meds. So each month gets better but somdays still worse than others. I get frustrated because I just want to go full back to my life and pain free.Know this-----it is coming---it is worth waiting for---be kind to yourself-- we are go getters and its hard for people like this to go through injuries, but it is something that our body will heal. digestion can get better, muscles can get better, we are all getting better. Say it 100 times a day, I am getting better!!!!take that brain..haha
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 May 2017, 18:22

I wish I could be positive like you mamafizz, you're an inspiration!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 08 May 2017, 20:59

You can do it... be the warrior!! no muscle, no fissure, no pain will take us down... :) we have a lot more to do, when we can, we will.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 08 May 2017, 21:00

P&H That's sounds good, I need to try some of those exercises. These muscles gotta get tired sooner or later!! lol it's only logical..
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 08 May 2017, 21:09

Motivated by severe physical pain, I started learning how to be kind to myself. It became my life’s work. Awakening to kindness to myself allowed me to heal and truly relax into all the different elements of myself, even those things I perceived as flaws. I’m still doing this, every day. Healing isn’t just about physical wellness. Healing is a mental, emotional, and spiritual process that allows the body to experience well-being.

This young woman suffered from a severe anal fissure, had LIS and has gotten through it. Interesting info. FY https://abigailsteidley.com/on-not-going-it-alone/
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 May 2017, 04:50

You will get better GG you really will. Sometimes it just takes longer than we would like.
I'm sure once you have been to the wellness clinic you will have lots of options to try and that will help you to feel positive
Keep going Hun x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 May 2017, 10:06

Hugs GG. Your pain will not last forever. I encourage you to do some mindfulness meditations if you are up to it. It can really help to bring you back to the present and not be burdened by future worries. Take care of yourself, things will get better soon. I forget, have you already had a colonoscopy to check for the cause of stomach pain?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby GilmoreGirl » 09 May 2017, 15:40

Thanks to all of you and thanks for the link mamafizz!

I was at the wellness clinic today. I was given a lactose breath kit to take home and do over the next couple of days - it involves a specific diet for 24 hours then fasting so I will start in the am tomorrow. I'm just a little worried because the instructions say not to take any laxatives, stool softner or pepto bismol for a few weeks prior to the test, all of which I need to take. I am going to phone the lab and see how much of a difference it would makes

The dietitian/osteopath I saw is suspecting SIBO as well as elevated histamine levels. He recommended the specific carbohydrate diet along with FODMAP - same as was recommended by my new gp. So as restricted as it is, I'm going to try and start this week after the test is done. im going to have to be creative with some recipes - no more pb on toast for me.

I wasn't surprised about the histamine - I think he must be right. Once a year or so I get a full body red burning rash that needs prescription steroid cream to get rid of - with no apparent cause beyond stress. Not to mention the gastro found inflammation in my colon on the first colonoscopy - and I'm not convinced it's gone (I hadn't eaten a meal for days and was on morphine and a strong antiinflammatory when he did the second colonoscopy).

I also booked an appointment with their psychologist who is trained in hypnotherapy and who works lots with people with ibs.

Next week I see physio on Thursday, surgeon on Friday and psychologist on Saturday so hopefully I will come out better on the other side.

Thanks again all for the support. It always helps at least a little to know I have people to talk to on here who understand my impatience and frustration.
GilmoreGirl
VIP