Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary - LIS in a few weeks!

Postby GilmoreGirl » 10 May 2017, 15:29

Thanks mamafizz. Tried it but it makes my stomach go nuts!!! I hope you're right, anxious to head back to physio or try a new one
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby mamafizz » 10 May 2017, 16:19

Oh shucks... thought maybe that could work..Let me know how physio goes. I wonder if anyone has had any success with physio, some of the reading seems to indicate very spotty results. Back to the drawing board I guess! Keep Trying til something works :)
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 May 2017, 18:48

Just wanting to die with the stomach pain tonight - I refuse to believe there is nothing wrong.

Like clockwork around 3-5 pm the pain starts. I eat, the pain gets a million times worse, and doesn't settle until the next morning.

And I have to say, the fissure pain was horrendous and this is AS painful. I'm lying on the floor on my stomach on top of a heating pad right now. How can they tell me this is nothing

I just keep having these horrible thoughts of wanting to just not be alive anymore. I have one good day here and there and I feel better, but I have no life like this. I'm trying to be positive but it hurts so bad. I've only eaten chicken, lettuce and an egg today. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat the pain just comes.

I'm just ranting, but I'm feeling very alone and so so tired of living

I wish they would just find something wrong it would save my life
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 May 2017, 18:50

I can't even speak to my best friend because I'm so so jealous of her normal life, she's going on dates and shopping, working out, starting her phd. And then I feel like a horrendous person for being so jealous
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 13 May 2017, 21:13

:sunny: No you are brilliant really, I know I get that, everyone has times of suffering at some point. It's normal to want to do life as usual. So I have read and I will share this. On watching TED Talk this physician said that things like stomach pain, IBS, Fissures, Muscle Tension etc. all manifests (and she is a scientist oddly enough) from our emotions. So if people push themselves and put too much pressure on themselves they can get sick or suffer painful conditions. When they learn to listen to their bodies and release the fight or flight response from the nervous system the pain goes away. Actually as you begin to relax the pain will get better, but it does take time. If you want me to send you the links let me know.. It really does help. We really have more power over our own health then we think. I have had this a little while longer than you but will get there too, In a short time I know mine will be completely better. So will you....hugs!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 13 May 2017, 22:56

Dear GG, I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering so much. Have you had an endoscopy done to check your stomach for any problems? And you know what, sh** happens in everyone's life sooner or later. It's natural to feel jealous of those who go about their lives without apparent problems. I know I feel that way sometimes, and it can cause us to move further away from others and deprive us of vital support.

I hope the new gastro that you get referred to can help you out. It's awful to go through something with no end in sight. With my chronic skin problem, doctors can give me no timeline on when it will get better, so I just try to focus on one day at a time, and not anticipate future pain. Our brains are designed to protect us from pain, and when there's no easy solution, the brain goes nuts trying to find one. This just adds to stress. The mind strives to protect, but can make things harder to bear. Just being aware of that can sometimes help reduce suffering. Many hugs and good wishes to you.
:smilyhug:
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby paine » 14 May 2017, 02:18

wow GG i feel you. i always say under my breath when will i be pain free. it sucks and i too get jealous to a lot of even ramdom people that they seem to be pain free. hanging right now thats all i can do
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby GilmoreGirl » 14 May 2017, 09:47

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hope you're all hanging in there ok too

Sorry about your skin condition patience_and_healing - as if butt problems aren't enough. I have had an endoscopy and a biopsy was taken - it was clear BUT I had been on antibiotics for a week at the time. I've read descriptions of h pylori and it really seems to fit with what I have. I'm wondering if the tests came up negative for it because I was on the antibiotics (and not feeling to shabby by that time). As I said, the last gastro was a bit of a moron.

I'm going to make a follow up appointment with my new great gp to discuss some ideas. I don't want to self diagnose but I would like to ask her about the possibility of h pylori but also about endometriosis. I've read some studies describing it and I've always had period problems (I'm on continuous birth control to help - they were heavy and lasted two weeks). The tissue can build up where it's not supposed to and even adhere to Segments of the bowel and pelvic floor - can cause pelvic pain/tightness and ibs like symptoms with pain being predominant.

I often feel like my bowel moves well overnight, I'm fine in the am, have a few bms and feel good, then by 4 pm I'm starting to cramp tremendously. Like whatever I ate in the am has hit a roadblock and isn't happy. I took a senna an hour ago with the hopes that it will keep things moving throughout the day, not just at night. Maybe this will ease some of the pain - but I also wouldn't be surprised if it makes it worse!!!

Counting down the days and hours to physio on Wednesday - many questions for her also. Has anyone on here had perianal descent? I think I may have this sort of prolapse going on...

Thanks again guys. Gonna try and push through the pain today and do my best to ignore it - your words have helped lots
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 14 May 2017, 10:02

GG, My daughter had bad endo and yes it can attach, (for all I know I had that too! ) and she had horrendous IBS but after she had her children it got better after each. She now has three. So if it's that, it can get better also. No worries there. And no matter what it is... there is a way for it to get better. So there it is... HEALING HEALING and more HEALING.... soon we will be completely like new again!!!!! Stay Strong All... God loves us... xo Oh and don't forget to love yourself today:) Be kind... to you...:)
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 14 May 2017, 10:04

Also going to the beach today.. (no matter what) I will send out healing prayers for all out into the ocean!!! Salt Water Air is theraputic I hear!! Going to give it a whirl:)
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist