Diary of pain

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary of pain

Postby bgd » 12 Jul 2013, 15:36

I'm not very scientific about it, if it's veggies or fruits, bring it on. Soup everyday, mushy foods only, like saucy stews (beans, cabbage), eggplant salad. Leave most of the meat aside, just enjoy the meat taste in the sauce. I realized it's almost the same thing.
As for the fruits, I'm trying to focus on pears, peaches, some prunes. I love water melon, that helps too I imagine. Figs, flax seeds, parafin oil - tend to forget about these.
Other than that I allow myself bread (quite a lot), some fries and once in a while some icecream. It's a liquid after all. I had a beer last night after a long long time, it seems to have helped :)
I also had a chocolate donut last week, paniced immediately and ate 2 pears and drank a bottle, it worked :)
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby bgd » 14 Jul 2013, 12:43

Date: July 14th 7:00PM
Days since last BM: 2
Bristol: 5.5-6
Swelling: yes, during BM
Blood: no
BM pain: 3-4
post BM pain: peaks of 3-4, resolved with baths
spasm:
Hours in bed: 7
Pain next day: 1
For some unexplained reason, I got burning pain during BM, which was not characteristic for my fissure. Could've been irritation from a possibly acidic stool. Had more fruits lately. Burning continued after BM with a sandpaper feeling.
Next day when I applied Manuka it burned like a raw wound. Don't understand what the hell happened. I texted my CRS asking for a 2nd shot of Botox.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 18 Jul 2013, 05:57

Date: July 17th 00:00AM
Days since last BM: 3
Bristol: 5
Swelling: yes, during BM
BM pain: 1
post BM pain: 1
spasm: no
Hours in bed: slept through the night
Pain next day: 0-1
Very easy BM, somehow I got a soft stool even after 3 days. Didn't have such an easy one in a long time. It is strange why same type of stool produces so different results.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 18 Jul 2013, 09:16

Just got back from the checkup, the fissure has reduced again from a triangle of 5x5x5 mm to a rhomboid of 3x3x3x3 mm. But the CRS tortured me again, he thinks massage is good for the fissure and now I have blood on the pad he put. I wonder if it's any good going to these biweekly checkups.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pinpin » 18 Jul 2013, 11:28

I think he does sort of dilation with finger. One doctor did the same to me, and caused some blood.
Idea is that by stretching you should get more relaxation in this area, though I never liked this causing more blood.
I see you almost stopped to have spasms, together with BM pain. The idea why I am asking, I still have slight pain like 1 during BM, but it still brings me to spasms for 3-4 hours, after 1 hour from BM.
So I noticed, that you have stopped to have spasms when stopped to have pain from fissure. Also seems 3 days not having BM gives good period to help fissure to heal, but I am always afraid it will bulk up there and have BM each day with enema.
Probably I should try every 2nd day.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby bgd » 18 Jul 2013, 11:37

Yes, last BM was pretty good, but I know I can always have a bad one, regardless of the consistency. As I look back in the diary, there were some 5s that gave very different pain, could be 1, could be 3-4. So not sure what makes a successful BM after all. I think it depends on how fast the vaseline washes off also. So there's a fair amount of chance in all this, I guess.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 19 Jul 2013, 19:19

Date: July 19th 9:00PM
Days since last BM: 2
Bristol: 4.5-6
Swelling: yes
BM pain: 1-2
Post BM pain: 5-6
Spasm: yes
Hours in bed: 9 !!! Only fell asleep for good at 7 AM !!!
Pain next day: 0-1
I cursed my CRS all night long. All the healing I've built carefully, has gone down the drain with one minute of fingering. I just can't make him understand that the best cure for me is to leave the fissure alone, that is what my body tells me and it worked out well. And he wants me to do the stupid self massage twice a day. How in the hell would I possibly heal by ripping myself apart everyday? It's just a non-sense, on one hand we're suppose to keep our stools as mushy as possible, but on the other hand this stupid rough finger insertion. To me a finger is as rough as a Bristol 3, which we know it's a disaster for fissures. I just don't get it.
I'm seriously considering not going back ever. Every check-up sets me back another month. I can't believe I was virtually off pain 2 days ago, I basically just fell asleep after BM and now this. It's past 4AM and I'm still on and off the bath tub. I just hate that guy right now.
Last edited by bgd on 20 Jul 2013, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pinpin » 20 Jul 2013, 03:59

Hi,
I completely relate to you frustration. Seems we have some old school doctors here and there. I was visiting one doctor and he also told to do dilation with finger, which is nearly as impossible with raw wound/fissure. Though, they think dilation will relax muscle and promote healing.
One doctor did some dilation on me and caused blood, I was so pissed about this! Never went to him. One doctor pushed finger in there while spasmed and caused fissure I was healing 2 months afterwards...
I don't know, seems they don't understand, can seek you for another doctor?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby JHH » 20 Jul 2013, 10:55

Sorry about your troubles bgd!
I quickly learned to leave my fissure alone. Every time a doctor examined me, I would get a setback. I also tried a few times to take a peek at my fissure with a mirror, but even that hurt me although I was very carefull. Since then, I dont mess with it unnessersary, and just the thought of massaging it gives me the chills...
Maybe time for a new doctor?
Oh, and remind me, are you on nitro, and have you considered botox?
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Please go-away! » 20 Jul 2013, 12:13

So, sorry your feeling that way Bcg, I feel your pain, my Gastro, Doctor won't even look down there, let alone poke or probe.
Image  I'm kinda sore today, can barely dab myself with my baby wipes ..Geez, it's like 5 steps forward and 3 steps back.Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15