Fissure hell!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Fissure hell!

Postby cherylk » 20 Mar 2009, 08:29

Right, studmuffin!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby lars » 21 Mar 2009, 13:55

Well back from the rectoscopi. The CRS means I only have a irritated and not innflammated anus. He had seen this several times before. It gets irritated by the bm`s and therefore it burns/itch all day...
I was given a barrier cream to use up my anus after bm. It is supposed to heal the irritation and create a barrier between the mucous membrane and the bm`s.
Also no fissure so it is the irritation that bleeds sometimes.
BUT I had a very tight sphicter to have had LIS my CRS told me... That scared me...
I pray that that barrier cream will heal me. It hasn`t made a difference yet but is to early to tell.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Mar 2009, 15:10

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
That is just fantastic Lars !!! I always promoted creams as barriers since it is such a simple and clean solution for many butt irritation occurrences. I hope it will give you relief Image and if not that one, I am sure there must be different once that might help . Jen and one other lady here used one too - I always forget the name Image , Calmo...something , I hope some other members will "chime in". I liked how they described it as "cooling" since it has some menthol I think .
Yes, I hate your CRS saying that your anus us still tight Image Image !!! But you know what - if it comes to it - you can have LIS again and solve that problem once and for all like some of us did that way Image !!!
Just keep "bugging them" until they fix your butt Image
Take a nice rest this weekend and try to stay positive Image - you have nothing chronic and all will be just fine sooner or later Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 24 Mar 2009, 13:35

what's the name of the barrier cream? what are the ingredients? i have an appt w/ my surgeon next week and would like to ask about it.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Mar 2009, 17:33

Dear Juney - I dug and dug and I think that this is it !!! I am so sorry that I am not 100% sure , but I do remember that it started with Calmo...and that it was pink and with menthol - so this one is "all of that" and also recommended for genital area so I am 99.9 % sure that it is the one they were using. It is very old cream, I mean, on the market for VERY long time , so older doctors know about it more than young ones ...
Best of luck tomorrow Juney and let us know how it went ASAP !!!! : )))
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calmoseptine, Inc.: Calmoseptine Barrier Ointment 4 oz
Calmoseptine, Inc.™: Calmoseptine Barrier Ointment 4 oz
Calmoseptine Ointment is a over-the counter, light pink, Menthol/ zinc based cream that forms a barrier between the skin preventing urine from damaging the skin and temporarily relieves itching and discomfort. Calmoseptine cream helps keep the skin dry, which also protects the skin from antifungal infections and pressure ulcers from forming. Calmoseptine ointment provides long-lasting protection and does not need to be apply as often as other barrier products on the market today, a little goes a long way.
Calmoseptine consists of two main ingredients: Menthol (0.44%) which acts as a External Analgesic, first aid antiseptic and Zinc Oxide (20.625%) which acts as a Skin Protectant and moisture barrier.
NDC# 0799-0001-04
View The Calmoseptine Clinical Study
$6.29 (was $8.89)
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 24 Mar 2009, 19:49

Hey guys! I just saw this post. I used this cream & I loved it. In fact, I had some diarrhea the other week that cause some skin irritation and used it recently. Here is the thread I started on it from a long time ago.
http://anal-fissure.org/diet-tips-supplements-f3/ointment-t1161.htm?highlight=ointment
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby juney » 25 Mar 2009, 10:12

thanks guys! do you apply it inside the anal canal or just on the outside? is it OTC?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2009, 10:39

Image Lars !
What is the name of the barrier cream ???

Postby lars » 25 Mar 2009, 11:41

Cavilon and Comfeel. Don`t know if it is called the same in the UK or US. I was told to use it inside the anal canal far up.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2009, 12:01

Thanks Lars - I will go google see what i can find Image