Fissurotomy/fistulotomy and botox tomorrow

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Fissurotomy/fistulotomy and botox tomorrow

Postby Ever the Optimist » 17 Jul 2012, 11:09

Hey Sue,
That's great news Image and well done for getting back to work so soon too! It's a great strategy too having the Summer holidays ahead of you, all that time to get a bit more rest when you need it!!...
It's definately about good and bad days isn't it? I've been a bit less sore of late but it's still there and all sorts of other odd sensations. Convincing myself it's still all part of the healing process! I'm beginning to think that this thing will take a bit longer than 8 weeks to completely heal but at least it's moving forward...I think 5 weeks will allow you a lot more healing too...
I have an office role so sat on my donut a lot with lots of pain free moments! I am still taking the odd pain killer now and again too. It's all worse for me in the evening when I'm moving around more and tired ....
Great to hear you're back on track and hoping very much it continues that way!! Keep us all updated please...
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby andyk123 » 18 Jul 2012, 13:09

well done for going to work today sue!
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sue27uk » 18 Jul 2012, 13:50

Cheers. Struggled yesterday and got alot of watery discharge last night, realised I overdid it! End of term is manic. So today I sat at the back of the room sorting stuff out for the teachers. Am still a bit sore today but much better than last night. Still having horrendous coccyx pain so the op hasn't sorted that so am back to GP next week and will ask CRS again at follow-up. Been really hard being back in work, and unless you can take it easy I wouldn't advise going back too soon. I hope your recovery is going well Andy, I noticed you said you were in alot of pain. Maybe go to your GP to be checked? It will take time though, I am 11 days post op and still really sore at times :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby andyk123 » 18 Jul 2012, 15:56

i definately wouldnt be able to face work yet, i am hoping for 2 more weeks off!
yes im still in a lot of pain but i really dont want to go to my gp. they are all so crap and i just really cant be doing with them. i have rang them and asked if they can write me a sick note so i dont have to see them.
things are a little bit better today so as long as a gradual pattern of improvement continues im not going to worry too much.
ive seen a lot of people mention discharge for the first few weeks following surgery. im finding it odd that i have literly had no bleeding or discharge. its just like a really really bad tear, like i never actually had surgery. i wish my doctor spoke to me after the operation, didnt see him on the day at all and would loved to have actualy heard him tell me what hes done.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sue27uk » 21 Jul 2012, 03:17

Hi Andy, I hope things are good. Can't believe you didn't see your doctor before the surgery, or after! Thats quite bad! I hope you have continued to improve. I must admit I have been having some quite painful bms this week, but being back at work has been manic what with it being the last week of term. It was too much really, but at least I have my pay through the summer now!! I had a very painful bm this morning and my coccyx pain has not improved in thr slightest so going back to my GP next week as am not going through another 18 months trying to sort the coccyx out! But I think now I have 6 weeks holiday, I will be able to relax and rest completely so imagine things will improve at a faster rate. Hope you continue to improve and recover :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby restoremybody » 25 Jul 2012, 12:01

Sue, how are you doing now? Has the pain by your tailbone goen down as well?
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 25 Jul 2012, 14:03

Hi Sue:
I've been thinking about you . . . how are you doing?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Ever the Optimist » 25 Jul 2012, 14:20

Hi Sue,
Same here.........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Sue27uk » 27 Jul 2012, 10:09

Hi guys, well to put it politely had a rather horrible week. Got very down over the past few days which is why I didn't come on here, thisfissure didn't want to dishearten you! For 4-5 days had extremely painful bms and found myself getting quite down and wishing I hadn't had the op. Felt like I had gone right back to last summer again. Been on lots of ibuprofen to kill the pain. However got up today and the bm was better, only painful for an hour or so after and went food shopping taking it really easy. It seems to be better. My coccyx pain is better in that it is not all the time, just after bms and slight twinges. After and sometimes during bm pain shoots from the cut all the way to coccyx to the point it brought tears to my eyes the other day and I sobbed.
So I've come on here when things have improved again and I can be more positive, and hopefully this was just a dodgy week and things will continue to improve again next week. I think work kinda was too much and I was silly to go in. I was worried about infection if I'm honest but its not red or anything. Think it may have been to do with starting my period which happened today, that always seems to make things worse. I am relaxing now, and then towards the end of next week or the week after beginning all over again with my GP, need to give it time for the op to settle down before I consult him about coccyx and skin issue really. Hope everyone else is good, how are things thisfissure? What about you ETO? Thank you for asking restoremybody, hope you are feeling ok Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 27 Jul 2012, 10:31

Hi Sue:
We were all thinking/wondering/worried about you, so I'm glad you posted an update! I am so sorry you had a horrible week. What did we all do to deserve this?
I really appreciate you considering my feelings by not posting on here while things were bad (how unbelievably kind!), but PLEASE (!) post anytime you need to. That way we can try to help you get through the bad days.
As for my recovery, things are going well so far. If you don't have anything better to do with your time, feel free to follow my progress here:
http://anal-fissure.org/t5158-surgery-tomorrow-fistula-surgery-lis
I'm going to try and post every day for a while. Hopefully I can help other people the way so many of you have helped me.
I hope things get better for you bery soon. Aren't you on holiday now? Hopefully you can take it easy and focus on getter better.
Can your doctor give you anything stronger for the pain?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8