Fissurotomy/fistulotomy and botox tomorrow

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Fissurotomy/fistulotomy and botox tomorrow

Postby richibeno » 30 Sep 2012, 13:28

hi sue ,sorry to here the way things are going at the mo
your pain in your buttocks is it in the 6 oclock position at the top of the anus or just before you get to the anus,
if so i am getting simular pain like iv been kicked there hard ,pain can be constant ,dont know if mine is still swollen and bruised from my botox 3 weeks ago
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 Oct 2012, 13:46

Hi Sue,
Great to hear from you again but so sorry, you're having such a rough recovery period...It does seem like moving from one "issue" to another for you a lot of the time and I hope the patch tests can help determine your next course of action for the skin condition. If you could only sort out one area and then focus on the next, it would be a lot easier I'm sure, but you forever seem to be juggling them all! Image
It sounds like you have a great plan though by getting a fresh opinion on it all, setting realistic time scales and changing your GP. Your GP should be able to give you referral to other hospitals & lists of other CRS' within the area, so that's a good start.......and it's good to hear that you are at least able to endure the discomfort / pain in the meantime and it's not severe. It took me five attempts to find a GP I now totally respect and trust!!
I can imagine how frustrated and disappointed you must feel after spending so much time/ energy and money on trying to get it all sorted and then feeling that things haven't worked out as planned but you sound really positive right now and I truly hope your new GP is a great one!...
Just keep doing what you need to do in the meantime to keep yourself as comfortable as poss and pain to minimum and stay positive....You will find the GP who recommends you the best CRS you ever had and they will get you completely sorted out !!.....Better still, it might all start to get so much better in the meantime!! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Sue27uk » 08 Oct 2012, 12:36

AW thanks ETO! I must admit things have been better this week and settling down, mind you I have stayed on the rectogesic. Only the pain between my bum cheeks causing the most discomfort. How are things with you now? You getting on ok? :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 Oct 2012, 13:18

Hi Sue!
What is that pain between your buttocks? Is that still the skin dermatitis related issue?? and is that still connected with the coccyx pain you were having? Did you get the results from the patch tests you were having?
I'm so happy for you to hear that things are settling down. That has to be a good sign! Honestly, just keep up the Recto for as long as you feel you need it.
I remember stopping the Dilitazem for my fissure and then restarting it when my fistula developed because I was pumped full of so many anti-biotics, I had the most horrendous runs! and I was going to the loo so many times, I was terrified the fissure was going to re-open. I think it helped because I was OK after all that...
All OK here. Still getting that inner discomfort and soreness at times, but back to the CRS soon and nowhere near as bad as I was, so not complaining (too much!!!)
Aw, hope things continue well for you and start to settle down. It's about time for you! and you deserve a break :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Sue27uk » 20 Oct 2012, 09:47

Hi ETO, the pain between my buttocks and the coccyx pain is one and the same. At times I think it may be a dermatology related issue, other times there appears to be nothing there on the surface but still pain which ibuprofen sorts. Who knows?!?! Not the docs it seems! It settled for a month and I thought it had gone but came back with a vengeance this last week and eased off again. Fissure wise things have improved more to the point where I only have 1-2ml of lactulose in the morning and 1 sachet of movicol a day. I still apply the rectogesic but its only 4 times a week and once a day now rather than twice. In fact I've left off the recto for 3 days in a row now and it doesn't seem too bad. Can at least try to leave it off more now its half term.
Went for my initial consultation for the patch tests on Thursday and got to go on the 26th, 28th and 30th November. Hopefully then if that shows nothing then I will be on the long term pain relief medication which may help other things too. Got to admit things have improved and maybe it was just time. I'm not 100% as still get a few problems after a bm occassionally but like I said, get through patch tests first then I'll see how I am then. I'm travelling in the car better now too, and able to walk further, though not back to what I was just yet. How are things with you? Any improvement? You had your EUA yet? Really hope you are ok :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21