Diary of pain

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary of pain

Postby ButtQueen » 27 Feb 2014, 05:03

bgd, though I didn't go through all of your diary, skipped through the posts, it really was a great read! Hope you are doing well now. I laughed hard when I read about your confusion regarding long pain episodes even though the fissure is only 1 mm!
A month ago, I was in such a pain that I swear I felt there was much more wrong down there - like a tumor or something - that is going to kill me dead. Because there was NO WAY i could be in so much pain from something that was not going to knock me dead. There were days I could barely walk to my bed after coming out of the restroom. Two weeks ago when I visited my CRS, i was surprised AS HELL when she said "Hey it is so damn small, only a .5 mm probably". Considering the pain, I expected she would say OH GOD THAT IS ONE BIG GIANT WOUND. Lol. Anyway, fast forward to today, I spent two weeks passing bristol scale 4 stools and it was as if the fissure has absolutely vanished. Until i had to strain on the toilet 3 days ago and things have slightly aggravated a bit. Hope you are feeling better!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby bgd » 21 Mar 2014, 09:18

Hi ButtQueen!

Crazy how disproportional the pain is, isn't it?

I'm surprised to see I didn't post in a month and a half, I must be doing real well. I'm down to discomfort or simple awarness levels. The big achievement is that I'm able to pass Bristol 4 now without major issues. Stool is again thick and round like before the fissure.

I still prefer to have stools in the evening, so I can go to bed and relax. I still have that "on the edge" interval 4 to 8 hours after BM, when slight spasm could occur if driving or sitting.

I'm refraining from straining though, still keep an relaxed eye on the diet.

What's left for me to do is to go for a checkup, to verify if the fissure has really closed in completely. I can't feel it anymore, I'm assuming the occasional leftover pain is from the newly formed scar tissue.

Besides that, I think I'll just leave my rhoids alone and avoid banding for a while, as they don't seem to bother me.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby student » 16 Jun 2014, 19:01

i hate that "on the edge of a spasm" feeling
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Another cauterization

Postby bgd » 23 Sep 2014, 06:42

Hi everyone!

I thought I should post a short update, not to abandon my fellow sufferers as I'm getting better. Since my healing was stalling the whole year, I decided to go back for a checkup in August, more than 6 months after the previous checkup. My situation was that I could get pain in the 4 to 8h interval after BM. Bearable, walk in the park comparing to the level 9 pain I had at my worst. But still annoying, on the edge pain that could easily result in spasm while driving.

So the result of the checkup was that there was no healing at all since previous checkup 6 months before. Still stalling at 2mm. The reason: bridge like scar tissue at the top of the fissure that was preventing the fissure to close in and preventing the sphincter to stretch out properly during BM.

So another cauterization was recommended in order to cut the bridge in two. After that things started to improve dramatically. I definitely felt my sphincter stretching more easily right on the next BM. Then resident pain started to decrease every week, to the point of simple awareness, rather than real pain. Probably pain level 1. I'm at the point where I don't have any worries in having a BM anymore. I'm off of strict diet also, alltough I did develop a habit of liking water, fruits and saucy foods. The internal dehidration alert is still there, I kind of re-learned to introduce water in my system.

It'll be 2 years in November since problems started and I'm hoping for a full recovery until then.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 23 Sep 2014, 12:46

Very good to hear from you again, bgd, and to hear that things are going well for you. Keep in touch, and the very best of luck to you on your up and up healing road!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bgd » 18 Oct 2015, 17:43

Hi everyone!

Kinda forgot about my past problems, then suddenly felt guilty of abandoning the forum :) Some sort of Stockholm syndrome :)) So I thought I'd add a farewell post.

I think I'm over a year off problems now. No diet, I can even afford harder stools, but I never got really constipated. Tiny dot of pink blood occasionally shows up on the toilet paper, if I abuse it. Short tightness may occur after BM, but no pain whatsoever.

Did not do anything with my rhoids, not causing any pain. So it seems that horrible fissure was causing all the level 9 pain. I'm also pretty sure that the cauterization aggravated my situation, but not sure there was any other way for my 2cm long fissure.

Good luck everyone!
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist