My Botox Diary

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My Botox Diary

Postby Vicouscycle » 29 Apr 2019, 12:37

I’ve been using this site for over 6 months now and finally felt the urge to start a topic.
I developed a fissure last August and have been dealing with it since. I have been told I have 2 fissures, posterior and anterior. Sometimes I’ll have one month of pain free BM, but one difficult BM would set me back to square one, sometimes even worse than ever. I’ve used Rectogedic(GTN) and Nifedipine but didn’t fix me. I’m currently on half satchel of Mivocol, Nifedipine, mag citrate and benefiber daily. Despite all the effort, I still tear and bleed. Over the past week, things have gone downhill quite quickly and to a point that I will have constant bleeding on TP throughout the day after BM in the morning. And the spasm would last for about 10hrs but the aching pain from the fissure would always be there, never goes away. In fact, it’s 3:35am and I’m awake because I’m too scared of my morning BM would hurt more than I can take...
So over the weekend I thought, this is it. I’m ready for Botox. Called my CRS first thing on Monday morning and booked in for Botox in 2 weeks. I am hopeful, but I don’t know how to survive the next two weeks...
Last edited by Vicouscycle on 14 May 2019, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Re: Botox scheduled in 2 weeks

Postby Abu » 29 Apr 2019, 21:54

Good luck V, hope Botox will bring you relief. Any pain meds your doctor prescribed?
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Vicouscycle » 29 Apr 2019, 23:28

I didn’t want any. I may need to now that the pain is so much. In Australia we usually just take paracetamol or ibuprofen for most of the pain. Is there one that works particularly well for fissure? I think I need some before BM....and when the spasm is intense.
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 30 Apr 2019, 00:02

Both paracetamol and ibuprofen will cause constipation. I would definitely avoid them. The CRS should know better what to take for this condition. Sorry i cannot help but I never took pain medication before.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby patience_and_healing » 30 Apr 2019, 10:24

I've read about people on this forum taking ibuprofen. It's probably going to work better than paracetamol but you don't want to take too much or it'll start affecting your stomach lining.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Vicouscycle » 30 Apr 2019, 16:46

Thank you both! Yesterday I received admission confirmation and info pack for the Botox procedure, and in the going home instruction, they recommended 400mg ibuprofen + 2 paracetamol tablet for pain management.

It also asks me to cease taking all supplement 3 days prior to Botox including vitamins, fish oils etc so I’m assuming Movicol and magnesium included? I’m going to call the office and see if I can continue with at least Movicol because I’m too scared a sudden stop would make everything horrible than it already is...
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 May 2019, 04:33

Hi have you had your Botox yet? I'm booked for my second dose booked for two weeks time
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 13 May 2019, 16:23

Not yet, getting it done tomorrow morning. Will come back and update how I feel...it is so swollen right now, I hope it doesn’t affect the injection. Good luck to you too!
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 May 2019, 20:31

You'll be fine I went in sore an swollen too and after Botox my pain was the same for about 9days after then started to improve even now a year later my life is better then before Botox I'm in much less pain I only get discomfort stinging and irrigation during bms but after that I'm fine for the day which is really nice not having the pain for the rest of the day. You'll do great my fissure is 5.5 years old so your is newer should heal even better. I'll check for an update tomorrow good luck.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vicouscycle » 14 May 2019, 18:41

Thanks Moo! I’m currently sitting in the room waiting to be admitted, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!
Vicouscycle
Proctosphincteranalogist