Diary of pain

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Diary of pain

Postby pinpin » 30 Oct 2013, 04:04

I would put question otherwise, do you really suffer from your hemmie?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby owmybum » 31 Oct 2013, 03:22

Banding can leave an open unsealed wound too. I would avoid at all costs. I bitterly regret ever having surgery for my hems. Let sleeping dogs lie.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Mood: UGH !

Postby bgd » 31 Oct 2013, 03:56

igrik1986 wrote:I would put question otherwise, do you really suffer from your hemmie?

I don't think so. Swelling after BM is all I get. CRS claims some of the pain/complications were from the hems. We'll wait anyway till the fissure/fistula is completely healed. If there will be no pain after, I'll leave them alone.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby pinpin » 31 Oct 2013, 04:02

I do have swelling also after BM. And they are enlarged after BM.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby bgd » 02 Nov 2013, 04:06

Had another checkup, I have about 1 mm fissure left on the inside connected to less than 1 cm long fistula groove on the outside. It is filling up nicely. I'm able to handle Bristol 4 better, although it still gives some discomfort. 5 is still preferable
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 06 Nov 2013, 15:29

Last checkup went well, I have some 1 mm fissure left on the inside, continued with the fistula groove that is healing well.

Unfortunately I think I tore the other day. Got a Bristol 4 and at the end of it I felt that typical scratching sensation. The spasm that came during the night waking me up a couple of times kinda confirmed the tear. I felt more or less OK by the morning but another stool Bristol 5 put me back into spasm immediately. Needed a hot bath, something that I almost forgotten. I had to take a day off, I was exhausted from the previous night, plus the fresh pain.

I really thought I have passed this, it's so sad that I still can't handle Bristol 4. It's the normal consistency after all. So is this the same fissure or perhaps an irritation in the scar tissue? God knows. That 1 mm fissure positioned around the exit really shouldn't give this kind of pain.

Don't understand why the muscle is so sensitive going into spasm that easily. CRS can't even check me out properly.

Going back on fruits, water, etc.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 13 Nov 2013, 16:54

Sorry to read things are taking a while BGD but I actually feel that you are experiencing more of a blip than anything major - I may be wrong but when things are sensitive again & the stress piles back on, it can be easy to think you have retorn but in actual fact, that may not be the case at all. Scar tissue in that area can be easily aggravated for a long while even after a fissure has physically healed over. I still experience this myself at times, especially if a stool is harder to pass. I get a sore bottom with the odd twinge & sometimes some increased pressure down there too. The hems only hinder the process and add to the pressure sensation & soreness. They really don't help at all, the little pains they are........It's great your fistula is healing well & if the op has been done properly and your check-ups are positive ones, that should heal nicely within the next few weeks & at least, give you one less thing to worry about.
Just hang in there & stay strong - These things do happen with healing fissures but if by now, you are feeling a bit better, then chances are that it is just a low point and within a few days, you should start to feel better again.......
I echo everyone here that says leave those hems well alone - the lesser the surgical intervention the better in my opinion - I reached a stage where my internal hems had become so aggravated through surgery & examinations that I also considered banding them. I am SO glad I didn't because after giving myself time again with no straining or harsh wiping, lots of walking, a bit of natural Aloe Vera applied & cold shower bursts, they have become so manageable again to the point they rarely bother me now. It did take a couple of months or a little more, but I'm just glad I left them to sort themselves out!!..........I find my old fissure site can also go through lows at time when I might do something foolish to aggravate the area but after a while, it tends to become much better again & a lot more manageable.......
Here's hoping it's the same for you too :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby bgd » 13 Nov 2013, 17:23

You are spot on. Just as I fixed my stool consistency things got better right away. I was actually able to have a BM at the office today (Bristol 5-6) and go on for the rest of the day with some minor pulling here and there. I'm frustrated that I'm only OK with Bristol 5-6. I can pull it out with diet, but it is just boring to keep watching for the fruit and water quantities.
People kinda noticed that I seem to hoard large quantities of fruits and 2 bottles on my desk all the time. It seems my body leaves me no escape but to care for it.

Thanks for the encouragement.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pinpin » 15 Nov 2013, 14:45

People in office noticed I am not eating traditional every Friday's pizza. It sucks, but I am taking easy. Just getting some tea on board and enjoying it silently. Trying to avoid question, why I am not eating pizza :)
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby bgd » 15 Nov 2013, 16:41

Nah, couldn't hide it. Top director always asking me how's my health :))
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist