Want my life back :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Want my life back :-(

Postby JHH » 22 Mar 2013, 11:45

LOL@Crackin :D
Rachel, sorry to hear your trouble continues. At least it sounds like its not thrombosed.
Hang in there, not much longer til april now!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 Mar 2013, 12:16

No I am counting down. Bloody hard going this is!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby CrackinUp » 22 Mar 2013, 15:09

I think it'll be a skin tag, but I might be wrong. Mine has been a little f*cker!! :(
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby JHH » 23 Mar 2013, 08:27

Day 33 on nitro
Bad day.... Perfect painless BM, but burning and irritation started 1 hour later anyway. Worse than usual and lasted longer than usual. Crap Image
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Mar 2013, 08:39

Oh no JHH please pray it is just one of those bad days. You know what the little fu***** are like, they go into hiding then give is loads of crap another day!
Keep your chin up, I went out lastnight for the first time in ages, almost totally forgot about the pain, laughing and joking, almost felt like my normal self.
We can heal and support each other through this vile affliction.
Crackin, do skin tags look purple though? It seems to swell up when I go, almost covering my tiny bum hole now! Sorry TMI. Then it seems to go back down. Eek.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby CrackinUp » 23 Mar 2013, 10:16

I don't think they are purple no. Mine isn't. Are you still pushing when you go? You might think I'm mad but you can go without any pushing, it just takes practise. I had no idea until 5 days ago... I've always pushed, just sometimes not as hard as others !!
+ This whole site is TMI so don't worry about it. We all embrace butt love now, lets face it (no not that kind of butt love!! lol! Image )
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby JHH » 23 Mar 2013, 12:46

@Rachael. Thanks, and yes, the battle continues!
I tried to take a look at the fissure in a mirror, but its too far up there. As a result I got sore, and still am when I clench. Cant believe that just holding the cheeks apart would make me sore rest of the day. Something sure as hell isnt right back there...
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Mar 2013, 14:41

You guys on this forum are truly amazing! Thank you so much for creating an atmosphere to openly talk about this. I love your emoticons too. Since were all trying to stay posative with this condition, what are those emoticons called? Thanks again....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby JHH » 24 Mar 2013, 15:41

Day 34 on nitro
OK'ish BM. Hurted a little as it started a bit firm.
Burning started an hour later, and lasted a few hours. i was pretty much painfree at 11.30. Rest of the day I just had discomfort. Today was better than yesterday, but still not as good as I hoped.
Was out eating tonight. Brought some food myself, and hope everything turns out OK tomorrow.
hendrick, welcome, and feel free to join the sorry ass bunch!
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby hendrick181 » 24 Mar 2013, 16:10

Thanks JHH. I feel like im reading my own posts sometimes.... i never imagined this could control my life the way it has. I sat here today reading all 11pages of your thread. Was great to see the support going back and forth. Ive suffered with something fierce going on for 2 years. Had an absess that needed steroids and had to have it drain2 years ago. To be honest thats the last time i felt normal. I wanted to cry one night at how much my personality has changed. All due to unbelievable pain! I saw blood one day on TP back in may 2012 and got scared. Went to gastro and soon had colonoscopy. All good. They removed 2 polyps non cancerous and said good to go. Was taking the nitro ointment for a couple months but still had the sharp pain. Called gastro back and she said to see a CRS and that the fissure may not heal on its own. Kept taking nitro with no effect(you can become intolerant to it if u take it too long) so i was truly suffering this whole time. Everyone on here says nitro should relax muscle but i dont think it ever did for me... also it seems like the nitroneeds to be up in there to be effective which irritates the fissure by sticking anything up there! Went to see the CRS after a retear and fair amount of blood instool got back in to see CRS inDecember. He couldnt find a fissure but said i have all the symptoms. Spent my new years calling emergency phone #'s to go see anyone who was working for help--of course no one was. Couldnt take the pain anymore. Had several rectal exams, an anal muscle exam etc. results showed that resting pressure on sphinter was way up there so scheduled botox. Had botox feb21st and all felt great.... I had several days of that itching feeling but i think thats when its healing. Felt great for a month and sadly 4 days ago had painful BM and have been horrified ever since. No blood so im hoping there was no retear! Please no retear. Ive never felt so defeated as i have with dealing with all of this...since i havent ever gotten relief from nitro i wasnt taking it after botox. All i was taking was metamucil. Now after some reco's on here i have added miralax along with the nitro again hoping to beat this thing while the botox is still active.... Im losing hope tho but have to remain strong in this....one thing i did today was apply the nitro at the end of my shower while i was wet...seemed to go in easier.. I amgoing to start magnesium supplements too starting tomorrow along with taking 2tbsp of coconut oil daily.... Maybe similar would help you?
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2