Botox Hem Diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox Hem Diary

Postby owmybum » 20 May 2014, 12:48

Hi sweetie,

I too have normal resting pressure.
No decent CRS in the country would perform LIS on you, as it would almost certainly leave you incontinent, and wouldn't fix a thing... Because high pressure isn't the cause of your fissures.
When I asked why I just wouldn't fully heal, my CRS said it just happens sometimes..... That's the joy of fissures!!

You will probably now be given the choice of flap surgery... Unfortunatly for normal resting pressure peeps.... That's the only choice bar live with it.

I'm sorry you didn't get the results you wanted to hear, along with the simple solution.... I can relate to how upsetting the news is when they tell you everything is normal.....for once.... We don't want to hear our bums are normal.. We want to hear how tight they are and how a simple snip will sort us out. Ugh!

Hang on in there lovely girl......

:smilyhug: :smilyhug: :smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 May 2014, 02:25

Hi STOT, thank you, I need a lot of prayers! I'm just down in the dumps again! Shot down, every time I think there's progress and I'm getting somewhere, bam, this is crap. Wish I could turn back the clock.
Thanks OMB, I just want my old life back.... Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sotiredofthis » 21 May 2014, 11:29

Always praying, Rachael. I totally relate to wishing I could turn back the clock!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby sb2 » 21 May 2014, 20:17

Been following these for a while and trying to learn as much about this awful problem as I can. Funny how a common problem like this can make you feel connected to people you've never met. Hoping we all get through this soon.

Can anyone tell me what the process is for determing resting pressure? I had LIS about 5 weeks ago by a General Surgeon that I trust. He said my fissure is not healing and referred me to a CRS whom I see tomorrow. Can they check the pressure in the office? Thanks for any help.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 May 2014, 03:11

Hi SB2,

Sorry to hear you're not healing..... The pressure test is a small probe inserted, then you need to squeeze and release to measure the pressure. In The U.K we need to wait to have the tests done. I'm assuming you're in America, in which case, I think you can get it done as soon as you see a CRS. So Tired of this has had it done, she's in the us, check out her posts or PM her, she will be able to tell you for definite. Good luck, I hope you get some answers soon...............
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby sotiredofthis » 22 May 2014, 06:53

Hi sb2! Yes, I am in the US and had my pressure test at my appointment with my CRS. It's exactly as Rachael described. A small tube was inserted and I had to squeeze and release a couple of times and that was it. My anal resting pressure was triple the normal pressure and that's why I went ahead with the LIS. Hope that helps.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 May 2014, 06:35

Hi Everyone.... Pretty much the same, haven't heard from the hospital yet for my follow up appointment..... Yesterday was weird, I had a dull achy sore pain, quite intense. I did have 2 BMs which always sends me over the edge. Sigh. Hopefully, I'll hear soon. Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby sb2 » 28 May 2014, 06:50

Hi Rachel. I get the dull achy pain as well. I don't understand why there are days when the sensation is more of a constant, intense pain for several hours post BM (which I have always assumed was the spasming), and there are others when I have the off and on dull ache. I used to think that the dull ache was progress, but I'm not so sure anymore.
sb2
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 May 2014, 08:36

Thanks, SB2
It's weird how I can go from being okay to having horrible uncomfortable pain....I just want it to end! Have you got any further with arranging a pressure test? I also get real soreness when I get that type of pain. Everything feels raw and so does my front end! Awful.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby sb2 » 28 May 2014, 19:22

Hi Rachel. Yes this is awful. I hope and pray we all get through this. As much pain as we feel, it also hurts to see how much pain others are in. I did ask my CRS about the test and he said it would not be necessary as he could tell based on exam that my pressure is high. I am scheduled for my second LIS on June 9th and can't wait to get it over with.

I am planning on another post, but would be curious to know if you have heard about this toilet seat that supports down below. I was reading about it last night and saw the You Tube video explaining the rationale. Have you heard about this and are you aware of any pros and con's?
sb2
Salt Bather