Botox diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox diary

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 16 Jul 2013, 10:32

Painless = amazing. Just remember back to the razor days. It's such a huge relief when you sit with the expectation of the pain... And nothing. Just a content feeling.
Stress definitely has a part to play in healing, as do menstral cycles and of course diet.
Keep on with it J. You've come a long way and the light at the end of the road is getting brighter.
We had a conversation about "fissure traditions" last night on my thread - are there any unusual/ entertaining routines you used to do whilst pooping your razors that you'd like to share?
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby JHH » 16 Jul 2013, 10:45

Yo W :) 
Yeah, I know, and Im very happy to be painfree, and I enjoy every day!
LOL@your thread. I however never had much pain during BM, so I just squat and let it out, although I had a few tough times with plugs, as you can read in my thread somewhere.
It was always the aftermatch that was the most painfull for me, and I still sometimes get the feeling something is building up, but then it doesnt gets worse than irritation and discomfort.
It seems stress and tightness goes hand in hand. Never before did I know you can do a fingerprobe in your ass, and read your stresslevel hehe. Pretty funny actually...
Maybe its cause the muscle is so used to be in spasms, that small amounts of stress will trigger it again. Dunno, but at least the burning pain is gone!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby pinpin » 16 Jul 2013, 11:28

Hi JHH,
I am glad you are doing better, keep going with soft Bristol 6!!
I just wonder whenever you really heal or just don't aggravate fissure with soft BM much, and therefore feeling ok. Don't think I am trying to get any bad scenarios.
So I tried to sort this out to understand how the cut should heal up?
Should edges of the fissure wound connect together back ?
Or fissure will heal from bottom-up feeling with some tissue?
I always hear, there will be scar tissue, but how it gonna form?
How actually healed fissure place looks like after?
Has anyone answer here
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 16 Jul 2013, 12:53

Hi JHH,
Really delighted to hear that things are looking up for you & hope they continue too :)
Deleted User 2543

Postby JHH » 16 Jul 2013, 13:18

igrik1986 wrote:I just wonder whenever you really heal or just don't aggravate fissure with soft BM much, and therefore feeling ok. Don't think I am trying to get any bad scenarios.

My thoughts exactly! I will know at my next CRS appointment.
I think fissure heals button up, leaving scar tissue in the gap.
Strange thing happend. Was out walking after dinner and had the strange shooting pain in my right cheek again. Not very painfully but still very annoying. Looks like the little devil is playing tricks on me...
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby Ever the Optimist » 16 Jul 2013, 15:09

JHH,
That little devil will continue to play tricks!! but those kind of sensations actually sound like they relate to the fissure healing over. I still get them now & again & I'm healed!!
The wound edges do not grow back together as such but the area heals over with scar tissue, which has a lot less elasticity than normal skin tissue, which is why you need to continue to be careful for a long time because it can tear more easily. When my CRS gave me my final diagnosis, he examined the area with an anoscope. My fissure was easily identified as healed because the skin that has grown over that area is redder & darker in colour and rougher/ rippled in texture. More "swollen" or purple/ blue internally coloured areas indicate the presence of hems........I'm not sure whether the skin in the area ever gets back to being 100% normal with time as with most other wounds - I've been advised full healing can take up to 2 years, but my instinct is, that it probably doesn't completely, hence the need for the life-long changes in good dietary & toilet habits. It would be interesting to hear someone else's opinion on this and to get other CRS' views too....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2013, 17:42

JHH
Ahh yes, those strange shooting pains that come out of nowhere, especially when things seemed to have quieted down, down there.. I remember them fondly-(grudgingly fondly that is).
I would not let that phase me one bit though if I were you.
Now I got them (the intermittent shooting pain), and I never had the extreme spasms you had, so that may be quite normal to ecperience this.
Does it mean the botox isn't working? Looks like you have a timely visit coming up to floor the ?. Hopefully you wont need anymore injections or anything like that.
About the scar tissue. Boy was I a mess down there too. I easily felt as ETO says the "rougher rippled" skin of my scar as I did my daily finger probe in the showers.
This went on for years with me, the tearing and healing, the feeling the scar tissue get smaller and smaller until BAM!! another tear from a hard BM.
Fast forward to today, well over 2 years since my last fissure, no scar tissue, no rough dimple feelings whatsoever. And actually I felt this way well under the 2 years....I wanna say about a year and some months things felt 100% again.
Granted JHH your scarring may have been much worse than mine, but only time will tell. Lets cross that bridge when we get there. Your most important thing to do nowadays is see to it that you get there right.
Soft stools is your biggest hurdle right now. If sneezing or walking or lifting seems to trigger a spasm, we sure should find some coping techniques to try to avoid those spasms. A simple dab of cream before a walk may do the trick.
You heard it plenty times before, but this is where finding a routine for you, in your delicate stage of healing and strengthening is paramount. We all here are so so pulling for you brother, promise us that you will not let anything get you down,
promise us that you will fight this to the end..........Can we shake hands to that.......Image
Thanks JHH....you will ultimately win.

Postby Rachael 1984 » 17 Jul 2013, 05:15

Great advice from ETO And Buttastic. I know the feeling JHH my monster devil is playing tricks on me! But I am having better days now! And I am over the 3 month mark! Yikes. I so hope when you see the CRS that you have good news. Keep fighting my fellow Botox buddy!!! We want those magic words. Image 
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby JHH » 17 Jul 2013, 09:37

Thanks Eto, butt and Rachael, yes I will fight until Im healed, and this small setback is not really bad enough to shake my faith in healing :) 
Day 43
BM was bristol 5-6, and painfree. Later I had the feeling something (spasms?) were building up, but it never turned into real pain. Had a few small shooting pains again today though.
Im pretty good, but it would be nice to loose all those small sensations, and irritation, that keeps reminding me things are still not normal.
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby pinpin » 17 Jul 2013, 10:44

Ever the Optimist wrote:JHH,
That little devil will continue to play tricks!! but those kind of sensations actually sound like they relate to the fissure healing over. I still get them now & again & I'm healed!!
The wound edges do not grow back together as such but the area heals over with scar tissue, which has a lot less elasticity than normal skin tissue, which is why you need to continue to be careful for a long time because it can tear more easily. When my CRS gave me my final diagnosis, he examined the area with an anoscope. My fissure was easily identified as healed because the skin that has grown over that area is redder & darker in colour and rougher/ rippled in texture. More "swollen" or purple/ blue internally coloured areas indicate the presence of hems........I'm not sure whether the skin in the area ever gets back to being 100% normal with time as with most other wounds - I've been advised full healing can take up to 2 years, but my instinct is, that it probably doesn't completely, hence the need for the life-long changes in good dietary & toilet habits. It would be interesting to hear someone else's opinion on this and to get other CRS' views too....

Thank you ETO!
But what happens with edges of wound? They somehow disappear or connects with new filling?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good