Rachael 1984 LIS Diary

LIS Recovery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Rachael 1984 LIS Diary

Postby hopefulbutt » 12 Oct 2014, 14:27

Rachel thank you for sharing your updates. It keeps me going. I am on day 5 of my second lis and having a much harder time this go around. I'm supposed to go back to work in two days! I can hardly sit and still must take Vicodin for pain. Don't give up- my first time lis the incision took a good month or so to heal. In fact my stitches didn't dissolve until about week 5 or 6. Just remember that you are making progress! That's all the counts for now. Have you gone back to work? I'm a nurse so I can't work from home. Please keep updating and try to enjoy the good days- even a good moment. Sometimes that's all we get for a while.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby Rachael 1984 » 13 Oct 2014, 03:28

Lot of love... I'm sorry it's so painful. I know how you feel..... Is the pain when you go for BM or after? Mine is okay when I go, I get pain at the incision that can last all day, depending on the amount of BMs I've had. It's hard still being in pain, but I'm hoping long term, I can heal and be okay. Good luck Tuesday. Xxx

Hi Hopefull, I'm sorry you're back again. So you've had a second LIS. I'm guessing the first one was too conservative. Yes, the pain from the incision is vile. Different to fissure pain though...... I haven't gone back yet. I'm seeing if I can get more comfortable and less pain before I go back and get stressed again at work. It won't help me one bit. Xxx

Day 26

First BM okay, no real problem. Second BM I'm uncomfortable now at the incision. Seeing how it goes as the day goes on. Reduced the Movicol now and my stomach seems happier, less gurgling and pain and BM is less sludgy.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Carolineandy1 » 13 Oct 2014, 07:26

Hi Rachael, sounds like you're doing ok today.
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby hopefulbutt » 13 Oct 2014, 09:38

Rachel the pain was overwhelming last night so my hubby took me the ER. I have infection- they drained blood and puss. Never had so much pain all my life. Immediately had some relief. Sounds like you are doing better. I wanted to ask- I can't seem to hold my toots in. Can you? I could with my first lis. I'm afraid it will be like this now- but I hope it stops in a fee months. Hope to hear from you soon. Pm me if you want. I've got nothing to do but sleep and cry.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby lotoflove » 13 Oct 2014, 09:40

hopefulbutt,

I am so sorry you are going through this. You said this is your 2nd lis surgery? Can I ask why you had to have 2 of them?
lotoflove
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby hopefulbutt » 13 Oct 2014, 10:08

Lot of love I still had soreness 6 months after lis #1 so they did botox, which I ripped during and then I ripped again about a month ago and muscle pain. They did an ultrasound and said very little of the muscle was cut the first time so my crs would do a second lis. Actually feel really loose and good until I got this infection. :verysad:
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby lotoflove » 13 Oct 2014, 10:44

hopefulbutt, so they cut you the second time on the other side of the check? ouch... Do you know what a doctor would do if I am 9 weeks out and my fissure is healed completely but my incision is wide open still. I am in so much pain going to the bathroom, I can't take it no more. I requested to see my doctor tomorrow again to see what else could be wrong. He put silver nitrate on it 1 week ago and I been in severe pain since. I can even see my open wound, seems like it got bigger, werid...I am so scared to make things even worst, but I can't live like this no more. I can not find any information what doctors would do. You cant cut me again, then that wont heal. I just didn't know if you knew again about incision not healing and the pain.
lotoflove
Fibre Addict

Postby hopefulbutt » 13 Oct 2014, 10:55

Lot of love don't give up. I had to persist with my Drs that something was wrong- even with this abcess they told me the kind of pain I was in was normal- but I know it's not. Do you still feel sore after going to be bathroom? They may have not cut enough of the muscle. If you feel like the musvle is too tight still tell them you want tests done to show how much was cut. Honestly though I never want to go through this again. My first lis was a breeze compared to this but it took me a good 6 months to feel ok last time. You may just need more time. But don't be afraid to get a second opinion!
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby lotoflove » 13 Oct 2014, 11:02

Hopefulbutt. I believe the muscle was cut fine. It's my cut that is not healing and wide open. I wasn't in this much pain until 1 week ago when he put that stuff on. I just don't know what he will do now to fix it. Most people incision heals within weeks. He just seems like I am a weak person and cant handle the pain. It didn't hurt this much even after surgery. My husband is going with me tomorrow so he can hear what the doc is saying. Did the same surgent do your 2nd one? I don't understand why they couldn't stitch the incision up.
lotoflove
Fibre Addict

Postby hopefulbutt » 13 Oct 2014, 15:49

Yes same Crs did both lis. Maybe that was a bad idea? But I know I am plenty loose this time-even having some gas in intense. Let us know how it goes at dr. I have to back Wednesday. I pray to God that it heals for both of us.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist